UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen her on here since last night. Perhaps she was sharing too much, and needed to step away? Not sure she was able to be verified and its just too hard not to give details. It would be a dilemma for sure.
She was on today as well. My understanding is that to be verified, she needs the close family to validate her, and if they aren't willing for whatever reason (privacy, grief, etc), there you are. I really appreciate the input of locals, whether they are associated with the family or not - so invaluable in a case to understand the local "scene".

She was on today as well. My understanding is that to be verified, she needs the close family to validate her, and if they aren't willing for whatever reason (privacy, grief, etc), there you are. I really appreciate the input of locals, whether they are associated with the family or not - so invaluable in a case to understand the local "scene".
Agreed

Oops, I just posted before I read this.
I think it can only be a doorbell camera that captured them, maybe belonging to a nearby house, not enough info to show his direction of travel.
Even blood droplets from both would not prove they bled at the same time, right? I doubt he was losing blood, he had enough to travel afoot for hours.
Moo
I know LE stated they have no video of Liz’ but possibly they don’t want to reveal that mom or a neighbor did have a camera.
I can’t think of any other proof they were both outside, together. Even if a weapon was found, it doesn’t put them together. Moo

Oh good theory! You’re right that maybe there is a camera somewhere and they don’t want to give this info up. And yes you’re right that both of their blood outside doesn’t prove anything. Images of them definitely give irrefutable evidence though. I hope that is the case.

In a murder case search warrant are always obtained, even when consent is given.
ETA... Consent can be withdrawn at any time. The warrant ensures the police have probable cause to believe a crime was committed before they go searching through your Castle, and can't be revoked by the homeowner.
Also, I notice that more and more states are now requiring warrants for cell phone searches, even when the subject gives permission. I'm on the fence about both but in the end I guess we have to look long term and so it's probably important to assure one less factor for an appeal.

And while I'm here, a couple general statements... I can't tell in those photos if AW's pants are wet or not but IMO he's a chaotic thinker and since there's no video of Elizabeth it seems like he knew he had to dispose of her quickly. He may have thrown her body in water but to me it's just as likely he dropped her in tall bushes close to the home. Think CA - found 1/4 mile from her home and overlooked in previous searches.

More often than not child murderers act quickly, both in their crime and in disposal. I can see AW's pants being wet from walking through tall weeds. I can't find the source now, sorry, but I swear I heard something about it being a "soggy" day on the 25th. My shoes and pants bottoms get soaked just walking through my local park early in the morning.

I hate typing this but it's unavoidable.

If they found a weapon with both her dna and uncles dna (like blood) and also found her clothing that she was reported last wearing with his dna on it (like bodily fluids), I think that’s enough to say that they can connect him to being with her outside the home if none of this same dna evidence is found within the home.

All speculation on my part after reading the transcript of the presser which states they have dna evidence linking both him and her outside the home.

I don’t even know! She was missing 30 hours before she was found. I recall seeing a photo or news story that had either a cop or DSHS worker sitting on the couch. So disturbing.

The child in the UK even longer, in the attic...weeks? And a woman recently found buried in either a wall or a cellar...and there was another woman found under her bed/against wall who had been reported as missing...for at least a day or two before finally found. Rare but has happened.

Probably a very long shot...but hoping the house itself was searched really, really well...would not be the first time a missing person was later found deceased inside the house much later.
Case in point: Cheryl McVarish, Mississauga, ON, Canada. Found one week after "disappearing" laid out in the driveway. Was determined she never left the property. I know this case personally and it was bizarre to say the least.

So if we are now to assume the window is 2:30am- 6:30am - and he has pants that appear wet from the knees down in the video(all links up thread) where did he leave her ? Don’t they have infrared imaging ? Why can’t they find her if she is not buried ? Could the wetness of the pants if true be related to him burying her in muck? And that’s why?
If he burried her in the muck, you would think that LE would only be looking in areas where there was muck...
I havent heard any reports that he was covered in dirt, mud on his shoes or pants, or anything like that.
I have seen reports of use of long poles being used to probe large piles of dirt, but you would think that if he burried her, or placed her in mud he would be covered in it. JMO

Oops, I just posted before I read this.
I think it can only be a doorbell camera that captured them, maybe belonging to a nearby house, not enough info to show his direction of travel.
Even blood droplets from both would not prove they bled at the same time, right? I doubt he was losing blood, he had enough to travel afoot for hours.
Moo
I know LE stated they have no video of Liz’ but possibly they don’t want to reveal that mom or a neighbor did have a camera.
I can’t think of any other proof they were both outside, together. Even if a weapon was found, it doesn’t put them together. Moo
Maybe he is one of people who get nose bleeds super easily? If my brother sneezes too hard his gushes blood. Wouldn’t leave any traumatic type marks on his body. That is if she fought with him and maybe hit his. Just an idea. JMO.

The child in the UK even longer, in the attic...weeks? And a woman recently found buried in either a wall or a cellar...and there was another woman found under her bed/against wall who had been reported as missing...for at least a day or two before finally found. Rare but has happened.
There was a women who went missing after hurricane Katrina... her boyfriend put her in a trunk and moved her around with him for years:confused:. Mummy found in trunk in N.O. house; former boyfriend on trial for murder - nola.com

I think that’s enough to say that they can connect him to being with her outside the home if none of this same dna evidence is found within the home.
But saybthey found an article of clothing containing dna from both. It can’t prove she was there, the article could have been removed from the home, imo. Idk, just guessing .
I hate to say this but if LS's DNA is somewhere it shouldn't be on his body, that's going to be hard to defend, I'd think.
how would they know?

Welcome YepperBepper, pleased that you are now posting.:):):)
I also think, perhaps AW has passed this child on to someone else, for 'monies/goodies' that he will be collecting for his drug habit.
MOO.

I try to stay open to all possibilities but if he passed her off for someone else then why would he have ditched or buried clothing or whatever all of this evidence is they have found? Not saying he might not have, just wondering what your theory is with that?

I just wonder how they can prove that, though. If they found an object that had DNA or fingerprints outside, couldn’t it be possible that he brought it outside with him? I think the only way they could definitively prove that both of them were outside together is if there was drops of both of their blood, right? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

I’ve also been pondering what could / could not definitively prove what investigators have shared that they know. It’s got me stumped. But, they come across so confidently so I would expect it to be rock solid. I just don’t know what IT is.

Per today's press conference police have absolutely no video footage of Lizzy, just AW walking alone around 6:45 am.
The UK is covered in CCTV and people still go missing there. So I wouldn't take this to mean that she didn't leave the house. (Not saying you implied that, just building off the thought). MOO etc.

Oh good theory! You’re right that maybe there is a camera somewhere and they don’t want to give this info up. And yes you’re right that both of their blood outside doesn’t prove anything. Images of them definitely give irrefutable evidence though. I hope that is the case.

What is your theory, blood on an object?

Yeah, you’re probably right. Sigh.

Have they said what the DNA of hers is that was found on him? Or what the DNA is that linked them together outside? The only thing I can think of linking them outside is blood, but I can’t see how she could have made him bleed beyond maybe a scratch.

I guess I’m hung up on they say he isn’t cooperating and they say they have this evidence but they haven’t given any details so it’s hard to be confident that they aren’t just trying to keep local people calm. I know I would panic if someone kidnapped a kid from their room in my town!

If he was being railroaded by the cops, anything short of telling the cops what they want to hear is going to = not cooperative, so that part doesn’t really impact me much.

Dang. I just don’t want to believe an uncle would do this. I don’t know who else would, and like you guys say, too many coincidences. Of course it’s him.

My first thought, and I don’t like it—is that people who use a knife violently can sometimes cut themselves. However, I don’t think there’s been any mention of his having hand wounds.

I also really like kgreg’s suggestion of her punching him in the nose, and making it bleed. I’d love for that to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong