VA VA - Arieanna Day, 3 months, Roanoke, 12 September 2018 *Charges dropped*

@B-Angel the second link is from a closed Facebook group which we are not allowed to discuss on here. We also aren't allowed to discuss social media rumors, but that first link you posted was.....umm interesting? Not sure how to feel about it.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that it was in a closed group. I must belong to that group too. In the second link, Jesse, was answering questions and giving her side of the story. No rumors, just her side, now that she's ready to say something. I was attempting to let others judge for themselves, what they thought of what she said.

Couldn't access the court site this morning.... I guess it doesn't like me this morning.... :rolleyes: so couldn't see if this is this happening - but I shall post it anyway! :)

Wednesday, May 29th:
*Trial set to begin (both cases) (@ 9am ET) – VA – Arieanna Day (3 mos) (Sept 12, 2018, not found, Roanoke) – *Andrew Christopher Terry (31) arrested (9/12/18) & charged (9/20/18) with illegal disposal of a body. Held without bond. Bond denied 9/20/18. Judge granted (10/25/18) $50K bond, has bonded out. Indicted (1/8/19) with concealing a body. Montgomery County Circuit Case #CR12001229-02/Grand Larceny; #CR18001352-02/Conceal
Trial starts 5/29/19.

Since I can't access the court site - thank you B-Angel for the update - and please post if you see more! :)

and
104x71px-LL-ae429468_23k96hl.gif
to WS!

Since I can't access the court site - thank you B-Angel for the update - and please post if you see more! :)

and
104x71px-LL-ae429468_23k96hl.gif
to WS!

Thanks These were taken Monday night. The second pleadings/orders photo is of the latest, as of 15mins ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190524-025434_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190524-025434_Chrome.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2052.PNG
    IMG_2052.PNG
    198.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20190529-082722_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190529-082722_Chrome.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 7
I'm guessing no reporter is tweeting for the trial? Or is it just jury selection?

TIA! :)

Continued Sept 26th

http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/CaseDetail.do

Case Number:
CR18001352-00
Filed:
12/07/2018
Commenced by:
Indictment
Locality:
COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant:
TERRY, ANDREW CHRISTOPHER
Sex:
Male
Race:
Black (Non-Hispanic)
DOB:
02/03/****
Address:
BLACKSBURG, VA 24060
Charge:
CONCEAL DEAD BODY
Code Section:
18.2-323.02
Charge Type:
Felony
Class:
Offense Date:
09/12/2018
Arrest Date:
09/12/2018
Hearings

# Date Time Type Room Plea Duration Jury Result
1 01/08/2019 1:00PM Grand Jury True Bill
2 03/13/2019 9:00AM Trial 4C Continued
3 05/29/2019 9:00AM Trial 4B Continued Motion Of Defense
4 09/25/2019 9:00AM Jury Trial 4C
5 09/26/2019 9:00AM Jury Trial 4C

Andrew Terry requests jury trial in body concealment case

Andrew Terry was scheduled for a bench trial in Montgomery Circuit Court Wednesday morning but he requested a jury trial instead.

Roanoke City police believe both Terry and the child's mother, Jessica Day, were involved in Arieanna's disappearance.

The child is still missing, but police previously said she is believed to be dead. Her body, however, has not been found.

@Niner Thanks for keeping up with everything!!! I am appreciative!!!

Good grief, seems to me like the new social media shenanigans is to try to undermine the case against him in the public eye because he thinks this could turn the outcome of a jury trial. I’m both local and in the closed group and I couldn’t keep listening because it was such utter nonsense.

Good grief, seems to me like the new social media shenanigans is to try to undermine the case against him in the public eye because he thinks this could turn the outcome of a jury trial. I’m both local and in the closed group and I couldn’t keep listening because it was such utter nonsense.

You have a point! Opting for a jury trial could have been done earlier. The father replying to ask the mother where Arieanna is, gives me the thought that the parents (both) have some explaining to do. I do question why only one day is expected to be all that's needed. If the mother, has been vocal stating that she doesn't believe that the father has or could do anything to a child, that leaves her. Yet, no charges have been made against her. Did law enforcement agencies, miss something? If the father did in fact, admit to something to that he didn't do, why? This is a strange situation from the beginning, to now.

The man police say is the baby's father, Andrew Terry, was arrested in Montgomery County. He's charged with concealing a dead body.

Police confirmed that Terry is a suspect and Jessica Day is a person of interest. Deputies say they're using new DNA forensics to examine evidence collected during their search. But investigators with Montgomery County later reporter to WDBJ7 that the analysis did not lead them any closer to Arieanna's body.

In January of 2019, Andrew Terry was indicted by a Grand Jury in Montgomery County for his charges. He was scheduled to appear in court in March. That appearance was rescheduled for May 29 where he was to face a bench trial. He instead opted for a jury trial which he will face on September 25.

Hello - I shall be leaving on a Holiday to California!! And won't be around WS for at least 2 weeks (9/18 thru 10/2). So am going to post the hearing/trial that is coming up the following week while I am gone. Please keep 'good' notes while I'm gone! LOL! I will definitely be way behind on all my cases I'm following.... but will try & peek in mid-way thru my vacation.

Wednesday, Sept. 25th:javascript:void(null);
*Trial set to begin (@ 9am ET) – VA – Arieanna Day (3 mos) (Sept 12, 2018, not found, Roanoke) – *Andrew Christopher Terry (31) arrested (9/12/18) & charged (9/20/18) with illegal disposal of a body. Held without bond. Bond denied 9/20/18. Judge granted (10/25/18) $50K bond, has bonded out. Indicted (1/8/19) with concealing a body.
Trial starts 9/25/19 & on 9/26.

Catching up after being gone myself and @Niner I just audibly gasped when I read your post!! We'll try to manage without you, but it wont be easy!
Enjoy your vacation!!!

What are people's thoughts on tomorrow? How long is this going to take? Why would he choose a jury trial? What are the pros and cons?? I'm local-ish so I feel like I should know this but who's allowed in the courtroom? Reporters? Cameras?
ETA: I mean really, does this guy think a jury is going to sympathize with him??? What's his angle?

I hate the thought that arieanna's death is going to go unpunished, but thats how i feel. I think it will only take one day because there is not a lot of evidence to show. I do not understand why he has not plead guilty at the beginning if he admitted burying her body. Unless he has since changed his mind on that or hopes he will get a lesser sentence with a jury trial than with a bench trial. This is all my own thought on what i feel.
I also wonder if they suspect the mum is also involved why she hasnt been charged aswell. Sadly without a body it cannot be disputed without evidence that arieanna died in the car from previous injuries like andrew terry is saying.
Im hoping im wrong on all this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back