Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting how he only "does criminal things" when blacking out after alcohol consumption.
He doesn't go do volunteer work, help an elderly neighbor, or hunt for lost puppies....only bad, criminal things.

The alcohol isn't the issue. Clearly.

It was discussed on here last night. A reporter asked the question about it being investigated as a sex crime. The response was no.

People have theories about it being because the body hasn't been found. I think if they didn't know or hadn't confirmed, they should have answered it as such. No sounds like, well, no.
It's not a sex crime, it's a murder. It could be a sexually motivated murder, though I don't even think it's that.

I’m not sure about that. He wants to live enough that DP prompted him to disclose the burial site.

I think he sees this as everyone’s fault but his.

I think they pressed him hard on that as far as leverage.

I don't think his new reality has sunk in yet.

His friends and family will be nothing as to what he knew previously.

If he felt rejection and pain before.... so much more is coming.

And once he tastes the life of 4 walls and solitude, I don't think he will be able to handle it.

MOO

I made a mistake.
Np.
I've made quite a few myself whilst posting here at WS.

But I agree as to the nature of your post.
If you were thinking how could a person close to this little girl --who in this case was invited to spend the night with his sister -- could harm any child , especially one who was known to him and probably trusted him ... Ita.
Just senseless and something I will never understand.
Her own uncle.

To Lizzie's parents and all who loved her : I am so sorry you lost your precious child in this manner !!
My utmost condolences.

If he was never diagnosed, he's probably just evil. JMO.

I know someone who went undiagnosed his whole life, he self-medicated to the point of frying his brain. Or so people thought. As it turned out, at the age of 55, he was finally diagnosed and all of the weird, creepy, scary, unpredictable, otherwise loser, behavior that people chalked up to him being a drug addict was actually schizophrenia.he properly medicated and now acts like a normal person. Slightly fried, but normal and stable.

I believe he is mentally ill.

I’m so sad for little Lizzie, and her mother, family.
RIP, angel.

Note: there’s no absolutes with mental illness, not all who are ill are murderous. I knew another schizophrenic who was a wonderful woman just unstable without meds. It also doesn’t mean AW would not have murdered if not, IMO, ill. Just saying!

When asked if Whipple was under the influence of drugs at the time Demler told ABC4 News "there was some alcohol or things that were used the night before, but [he doesn't] see that necessarily as being a big contributing factor, I think mental illness was more of a contributing factor."

Police Chief Cary Jensen said during a press conference Wednesday evening that Whipple agreed to tell Demler where her body was in exchange for dropping the death penalty as a possible conviction.

"At times during the interview, Alexander would state that alcohol makes him 'black out' and sometimes he does 'criminal things' when he blacks out. Alexander would not elaborate to what these "criminal things” were," arresting documents state."

Uncle of missing 5-year-old charged with aggravated murder, kidnapping
"there was some alcohol or things that were used the night before, but [he doesn't] see that necessarily as being a big contributing factor, I think mental illness was more of a contributing factor."

What "things??" Drugs? And I get that his lawyer is doing his job but it sounds like he's blaming alcohol and blackouts for the reason AW murdered Lizzy. IMO that's not gonna fly very far.

Or it'll be mental illness based on an unhappy childhood. Neither can mitigate the horrendous act and I predict an insanity plea will be rejected. But be prepared for the mental evaluations that are sure to come. MOO.

https://ksltv.com/415043/we-feel-strongly-that-lizzy-has-been-found/

LOGAN, Utah
— Police said they located human remains they believe to be those of missing girl Elizabeth “Lizzy” Shelley today after receiving a map from her uncle.

Logan City Police held a press conference at 5 p.m. today to update police after Alex Whipple’s attorney told KSL TV his client had provided the location of the location of the body to police.

Police said they received word today about noon that negotiations had taken place between attorneys on both sides for Whipple to share information on the whereabouts of Lizzy’s body in exchange for the death penalty to be taken off the table.

The human remains were located in a wooded area about a 1/2 block from Lizzy’s home, reportedly this is the same general area in which evidence was found.

“It’s hard to believe that we’ve been through that area and we were unable to find her,” Chief Gary Jensen said. “We feel strongly that Lizzy has been found.”

There were not reports of it not being sexual. The question was asked if there was evidence of sexual assault and the answer was no evidence of that. They didn't have a body yet, so short of the guys own semen being all over his pants or something, that's what they're gonna say.
So why the talk of Mom and boyfriend making out and him getting all hot and bothered? In NO WAY suggesting Mom had anything to do with this!

It's not a sex crime, it's a murder. It could be a sexually motivated murder, though I don't even think it's that.
Someone asked upthread the post counseling LE receives after finding the body of a child (or anyone for that matter) so you have information regarding this ? I know some LE fairly close and it may carry by city/county but I know it’s offered - thanks for your insight

Although we all saw this coming, it doesn’t make it any less shocking and upsetting. I find comfort in the fact that this precious child is safe with God and at peace in her own personal Heaven. Still, extremely sad news. I hope it was quick and she did not endure extended torture. Many prayers for her family. This is one of the most haunting cases I’ve come across. Rest easy Beautiful Girl. I don’t even know what to say right now.

Would like to point out how great LE was in this investigation, especially the Chief. I am thoroughly impressed by their work.

Also many prayers for LE and all searchers involved in this investigation. I can’t imagine how traumatic being involved in this can be. Wonderful people. I hope they receive the help they deserve after something like this, but I really think they will.

Rest In Peace Sweet Lizzie!
Forever & Ever

Police recover remains believed to be that of Elizabeth Shelley

UPDATE: What police believe to be Elizabeth Shelley’s remains have been recovered after an extensive five-day search for the missing 5-year-old, Logan police confirmed Wednesday evening at a news conference.

“This is the moment that we had hoped would come,” said Logan Police Chief Gary Jensen at the evening announcement.

He noted police would rather have brought Elizabeth home alive, but said this nevertheless brings closure and it helps the family through their grief. Jensen also added that the remains have not been positively identified yet but police strongly believe they belong to the 5-year-old.

In exchange for information on the location of Elizabeth’s body, the death penalty was taken off the table for Alex Whipple, who police charged with aggravated murder earlier Wednesday in connection with Elizabeth’s disappearance.

A spokesperson for the family read a statement prepared by Elizabeth’s mother, which asked for privacy as they mourn the loss of their daughter.

Uncle of missing 5-year-old Utah girl charged with her murder, police say - CNN

(CNN)Investigators in Utah have found remains they believe are those of a missing 5-year-old girl after the suspect provided a map of an area that authorities searched, a police chief said Wednesday afternoon.

Alex Whipple, the uncle of the girl, was formally charged with aggravated murder and other charges. Investigators had held out hope of finding Elizabeth Shelley alive, police said.
"We certainly wanted to bring Lizzie home," Logan City Police Chief Gary Jensen said.
The child's mother thanked those who helped in the search. "Lizzie was such a caring and giving little girl. We hope that we can look to her as an example of how to live," she said in a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998