Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s enough AW murdered Lizzy. I’m still holding out hope that AW did NOT SA her, too. Until that is confirmed, by LE, one way or the other, I will remain hopeful...
Also, is it possible for an addict to die from their withdrawal symptoms? I’m just asking....
MOO

People can die from dt’s - severe alcohol withdrawal.

His life is gonna suck at Utah State Prison. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

His life will be vastly different but he will adjust & his new “friends” are no dif’. I worked with inmates thru a statecdtug program, they adapt. They have no choice. Sure, we hear of fights, riots & murders but life inside is not one big brawl 24/7. He’s young & will learn the ropes or take his own life is Moo

Can someone tell me if he can still plead not guilty when he’s given information in exchange for the dp being dropped?
Yes, he certainly can plead not guilty and I fully expect him to. I also expect he'll be mentally evaluated and his lawyer may go for an insanity plea or something similar.

If the searchers had found Lizzy on their own then taking the DP away might have been offered if he would plead guilty but that might have led the way to an appeal. I don't know for sure though as I'm not a lawyer. Maybe Gitana could respond?

Thank you for the welcome! Learning how to post.

I am so sick of these losers (it seems to be a certain age group or mentality where they think they are owed something). From the looks of it on SM/FB his family was supportive. Makes me very sad.

Here are some links you may find helpful :)

The Rules

Websleuths Lingo

Catching up- so sad to hear. Little Lizzie’s photos really hooked me early on- that smile, those big brown eyes, images of her laughing. I’ll bet she was a handful- in every good way. Silly, curious, joyful. I’ll bet whip-smart & contstantly investigating her world. I just can’t fathom the pain & confusion of her last hour. She wouldn’t have the understanding of a young teen, and yet old enough to recognize evil even if she could not name it. I can’t fathom what kind of thoughts enter the mind of a 5 year old in that situation. Absolutely horrific.

I have two questions maybe someone could answer:

1. Shovel. Didn’t we hear early on (like Saturday) that they had found a shovel on the property of the Bear Creek Charter School?

2. Did LE say what time of night he attacked her and when did he “bury” the body?

Thank you

ae147c3736

A man holds his head in his hands as police search for Elizabeth Shelley, 5, in the backyard of a home on Center Street in Logan, on Wednesday, May 29, 2019. Shelley was last seen on Saturday morning, May 25, 2019.
ae147c3736

39ea7d2631

LOGAN — The uncle of a missing 5-year-old girl finally broke his silence Wednesday.

Hours after he was charged with capital murder, he agreed to tell his attorney where his niece's body was hidden in exchange for an agreement that prosecutors would not pursue a potential death sentence against him.

Defense attorney Shannon Demler said he contacted Logan police about 1 p.m. Wednesday and led them to an area just half a block away from Lizzy's home where her remains were recovered behind a shed, covered by dirt, sticks and other debris.
[...]
The site is in an overgrown, heavily-wooded area near where other evidence had been found earlier in the week. "It's hard to believe that we'd been through that area and were unable to find her," Jensen said.

The remains have not yet been positively identified, but "we feel strongly that Lizzy has been found," the police chief said.
Missing girl's body recovered 1/2 block from her house

People can die from dt’s - severe alcohol withdrawal.

Withdrawal from opioids can be very dangerous.
Idk his habit or drug of choice (besides pot & booze) but the jail will monitor him & he does have the right to medical care. Utah might have methadone vans that deliver to the jail, idk, but if he needs help, he’ll get it. Moo

So he offered no motive and says he just blacked out?
It’s pretty standard as these these go.

He doesn’t want to admit what happened, so if he claims he “blacked out,” it takes some of the blame off of him, and he doesn’t have to answer the hard questions.

In a word, “cowardice.”

Catching up- so sad to hear. Little Lizzie’s photos really hooked me early on- that smile, those big brown eyes, images of her laughing. I’ll bet she was a handful- in every good way. Silly, curious, joyful. I’ll bet whip-smart & contstantly investigating her world. I just can’t fathom the pain & confusion of her last hour. She wouldn’t have the understanding of a young teen, and yet old enough to recognize evil even if she could not name it. I can’t fathom what kind of thoughts enter the mind of a 5 year old in that situation. Absolutely horrific.

I agree @JudgeJoe she was absolutely adorable.

I start to think about her last moments, what she was thinking, feeling, seeing at the hands of her Uncle Alex....and just stop. I can't go there.

MOO

Alexander would state that alcohol makes him 'black out' and sometimes he does 'criminal things' when he blacks out. Alexander would not elaborate to what these "criminal things” were," arresting documents state."

I think we will learn more about the ‘criminal things’.
I wish he’d just go quietly to USP though.

He has told them, finally!

He finally told them where to find Lizzie, to save his own life.:eek:
SO his childhood and present life are so horrible, yet he needs to avoid the death penalty, in exposing where he left poor innocent Lizzie, after murdering her.o_Oo_Oo_O
So he WANTS to keep living, AFTER killing Lizzie.:eek::eek::eek:
Well, his life in prison will be, where I hope, Karma will have him pay the price.
I would think, inmates will make sure of this.
Manipulator is blaming drugs, alcohol, hearing sexual acts.
What a jerk, creep, ****, and loads more.
MOO.

That’s exactly what @GordianKnot mentioned earlier, that the death penalty was probably used as leverage to get him to give up her body.

All about himself.

Sicko.

*Edited to give credit to thunder stealer. :p

You're too kind. Thank you, Massy.
But I could never steal your thunder.
Mostly on account of stealing is just plain wrong.

Let's just both credit one another for having had the completely unoriginal thought that this creep would only give up her location to save his own miserable hide.

One final point re: your post.
How many times do I gotta' say it?
We've been over this umpteen times.
You know how I feel about the tongue-sticking-out emoji.
Please. Put your tongue back inside your head. TY.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members