Found Deceased WV - Philip "Buckie" Barlow, Adult, Preston County, May 2019

doodles1211

Reaction score
Philip+'Buckie'+Barlow.JPG

The Preston County Sheriff's Department needs your help to find a missing man.

Police say they're looking for Philip "Buckie" Barlow in regards to his well-being.

If you know where he is, call the Preston County Sheriff's Department at 304-329-1611.

Preston County deputies looking for missing man

The search continues today for a missing man whose burnt truck was found Wednesday. Philip “Bucky” Barlow’s burnt…

This content is for subscription members only. Login or Subscribe to access content.

Missing man sought in Preston; burned truck found on Showerbath Road

Aint that something? The only msm I found and it has a pay wall block. Jeepers, this guy is missing and could be in dire need, but they want their dollar!

More info in this MSM article:

Tunnelton man missing since Tuesday

. . .The post continues, “What is known, he was spoken to at 11:30 p.m., his phone was pinged at 12:01 a.m. one-quarter mile from his house, phone pinged again at 12:29 a.m. around the Dollar General Store in Tunnelton never to ping again.” . . .

Even more info in this MSM article:

https://www.wboy.com/news/emergenci...s-office-searching-for-missing-man/2037764452

. . . He's described as being 5 feet 3 inches tall, weighs 165 pounds and has hazel eyes, deputies said. Barlow is from Tunnelton, according to family members.

His Toyota Tundra pick up truck was found with interior Wednesday morning on Shower Bath Road, off of Route 26, according to the sheriff's department. When the truck was found the cab was on fire and crews were able to put the fire out, according to deputies. . . .

Both articles are worth reading by following the links.

Police baffled after discovering missing truck driver’s body

June 10, 2019

Hillside Trucking wrote in a Facebook post about Barlow’s disappearance:

Philip talked to his girlfriend on the phone before leaving for work around 11:30 pm. He was getting his bucket packed and water jug filled. He arrives for work around 12:15 am to 12:45 am every work day. He always liked to be the first truck, so he left early.
He did not show for work.

Hillside Trucking also said that “[Barlow’s] pickup was seen on camera footage being followed by a white pickup truck.”

Barlow’s pickup truck was discovered around 7 a.m. on May 29 on Shower Bath Road. The vehicle was on fire when it was discovered.

According to local police, “what is known, he was spoken to at 11:30 p.m., his phone was pinged at 12:01 a.m. one-quarter mile from his house, phone pinged again at 12:29 a.m. around the Dollar General Store in Tunnelton never to ping again.”

The Preston County Sheriff’s Office is now asking the public for surveillance footage from the area to try to determine what happened to Barlow:

“The Preston County Sheriff’s Office is requesting anyone with security camera footage of a roadway south of Veterans Memorial Highway (WV Rt. 7) and west of River Road (WV Rt. 72) from May 28th and May 29th retain that footage and contact the sheriff’s office; even if you don’t believe the video system captured anything,.”

https://cdllife.com/2019/police-baffled-after-discovering-missing-truck-drivers-body/

Police baffled after discovering missing truck driver’s body

June 10, 2019

Hillside Trucking wrote in a Facebook post about Barlow’s disappearance:

Philip talked to his girlfriend on the phone before leaving for work around 11:30 pm. He was getting his bucket packed and water jug filled. He arrives for work around 12:15 am to 12:45 am every work day. He always liked to be the first truck, so he left early.
He did not show for work.

Hillside Trucking also said that “[Barlow’s] pickup was seen on camera footage being followed by a white pickup truck.”

Barlow’s pickup truck was discovered around 7 a.m. on May 29 on Shower Bath Road. The vehicle was on fire when it was discovered.

According to local police, “what is known, he was spoken to at 11:30 p.m., his phone was pinged at 12:01 a.m. one-quarter mile from his house, phone pinged again at 12:29 a.m. around the Dollar General Store in Tunnelton never to ping again.”

The Preston County Sheriff’s Office is now asking the public for surveillance footage from the area to try to determine what happened to Barlow:

“The Preston County Sheriff’s Office is requesting anyone with security camera footage of a roadway south of Veterans Memorial Highway (WV Rt. 7) and west of River Road (WV Rt. 72) from May 28th and May 29th retain that footage and contact the sheriff’s office; even if you don’t believe the video system captured anything,.”

https://cdllife.com/2019/police-baffled-after-discovering-missing-truck-drivers-body/

I wonder if they ran into him, like a fender bender, to get him to pull over. Then, disappeared him from there. Drugs are a rampant problem in our state. You can’t trust people. Things happen right on the main roads in daylight, and it’s baffling and scary. Idk that is what happened, of course. But, it’s a definite possibility. jmo

Philip+'Buckie'+Barlow.JPG

The Preston County Sheriff's Department needs your help to find a missing man.

Police say they're looking for Philip "Buckie" Barlow in regards to his well-being.

If you know where he is, call the Preston County Sheriff's Department at 304-329-1611.

Preston County deputies looking for missing man
There is not much of anything being released. I'm hoping they are keeping it somewhat quiet so they can find out who did this. There are several names of people in this area being questioned.

LE in this county are still not releasing much. I didn't personally know Buckie... Nor had I ever even heard of him... Which says a lot... He was a hard working man... a couple months away from retirement...He was not a drug user.. but with talk going around.. the people of interest are known meth users and probably distributors... I'm not even sure exactly where his body was found.. but it was approximately about 20 miles from where his truck was discovered... He had been in an altercation a few days prior to his disappearance.. with the ones who are probable suspects... but still no autopsy or cause of death... This county had 3 other missing person cases in the 90's that we're never solved. Dennis Powell and 2 DeBerry boys.. His family doesn't want this to be another cold case.. How do you get people to talk.?? No murder weapon..nothing.. Just suspicions.. We're not sure as to anything that happened... but with the truck being hit.. I've thought that myself.. but I've also thought with the time being late and the road he took to work somewhat deserted.. I wouldn't have pulled over by myself in an un populated area.. especially after his confrontation.. The family is also being threatened by people associated with the suspects.. who are also meth addicts... This is just so confusing.. and it seems like LE is completely baffled?
If anyone has any thoughts.. please share.. Or inbox me.. There is a little more to this that I don't want to make public.. A he said/she said kinda thing. Thanks for listening...
That doesn’t sound good. Unfortunately, it sounds par for the course in our state. Buckie sounds like a good person. Being an older man, I can see him pulling over that late, no problem. My Dad would do the same. We like to never got my Dad to stop picking up hitchhikers until recently. I’m from Wyoming Co, so I understand the meth problem all too well. My sister and I moved away years ago, but still visit my parents. I’m thinking they either tapped Buckie from behind, just enough for him to think it was a regular fender bender, and he pulled over. Whether they overpowered him or pulled a weapon, I don’t know. I hate to think what he probably went through. I’m curious as to what the altercation was about. If he called them out on the drugs, or even whispered to them about police...that’d be enough to bring this on. I’m thinking they must have been selling/manufacturing to cause them to kill him. Of course, this is purely conjecture on my part, as I have no way to know, so all JMO. It’s so hard to get the older generation to understand how dangerous some of the people involved in drugs are. It’s not like it used to be at all, not even when I was growing up. I wish I had some info, but I don’t. I just have lots of experience dealing with the drug manufacturers/dealers. We went through a hellish nightmare for several years just trying to keep my parents safe from junkies that moved close to them. I just get the feeling that Buckie was a good person, and one that would pull over to help someone that late at night, even if they had a flat tire. Years ago, that was 99% of the time perfectly safe. Not anymore. I can’t think of any other scenario than the fender bender. I just hope the person/people responsible get thrown under the prison. Threatening his family is jacked up. How awful to be in fear for their own lives as they grieve for their loved one. All JMO. Prayers for his family and friends.

Be careful DonnaMae! We don't want you to end up like Buckie. If you want to become a verified insider, please do, otherwise your posts may be removed for containing information that has yet to be reported in mainstream media.

I wonder why the police wouldn't be interested in the gun the guy wanted you to move?

Jeezus, that sounds horrible. It sounds like it should be a good case against the killer(s). However, you never know in this state. Dirty LE are everywhere, like roaches. There ARE still great LE, too, so I hope the great ones are on this case. Buckie deserves justice and his family deserves to not live in fear. jmo

I wasn't knocking law enforcement in our area, I just wish they would bring in other resources and find out who did this. With not much being released, so many people are speculating. I understand why they can't release anything, but it makes it seem like it's going to go unsolved, and I hope that's not the case.

@DonnaMae We can’t delete posts. Once it’s posted, you have I think an hour to edit it. You can alert a mod to it and request it be removed. At the bottom of each post, there’s a “report” option. You click that and just type whatever you’re requesting. It automatically goes to a Moderator, as soon as they can get to it. It’s there to alert on anyone’s post that you feel is against the WS guidelines, too. Everything we post can’t be based on rumor. We must have a main stream media link to back up what we’re saying. Now, we CAN post theories, but ALWAYS add JMO (just my opinion), IMO (In My Opinion), or MOO (My Opinion Only). It takes a while to get oriented to the site. I just started posting last year, and it’s taken me a while. Hope that helps! And I hope Bucky’s case doesn’t go cold. He deserves way better.

Just seen this this morning. I'm hoping new details will come out soon.

Tunnelton man charged in 2019 murder of Phillip “Buckie” Barlow

"43-year-old Robert Joseph Quinn of Tunnelton has been charged with First Degree Murder in connection with the death of Barlow.

Quinn was arraigned as is currently awaiting trial at the Tygart Valley Regional Jail.

Deputies say the investigation is still ongoing and further arrests are expected.

No further information on this ongoing investigation is expected to be released until major developments are made."

SBM
Laura Lynn Martin, 38, and Robert Joseph Quinn, 45, both of Tunnelton, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder with a binding term of life behind bars with mercy and first-degree robbery. [Snip] Sentencing ... scheduled for Sept. 9

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back