Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was correct, with a case like this why suggest that messages have been sent 2 weeks prior to her going missing. Reading between the lines, I’d suggest that there were in fact issues prior to Leah going missing, and the texts between brother and ex boyfriend were exchanged prior to her going missing

Very good point you make there

If that was correct, with a case like this why suggest that messages have been sent 2 weeks prior to her going missing. Reading between the lines, I’d suggest that there were in fact issues prior to Leah going missing, and the texts between brother and ex boyfriend were exchanged prior to her going missing

I only saw 23 May mentioned will have to read both articles.

I watched a documentary about Huntley last night. It was interesting to hear the view point of the senior officer who took over the Soham investigation. He said an error was made in going national with the press, because they received 1000 calls a day which took too much time. He said he felt they had not "cleared the ground at their feet first" so they went back and did that, obviously solving things locally. I wonder if that's what we have with Leah's case. It hasnt been pushed nationally because LE do not feel local ground has been cleared yet. Just my opinion but it explains the low key feel to the investigation.
Yes but I thought that going national with Huntley helped solve the case, as someone he had previously assaulted whilst a child in Grimsby spotted him on tv.

Yes but I thought that going national with Huntley helped solve the case, as someone he had previously assaulted whilst a child in Grimsby spotted him on tv.
Yes you're right, I'd forgotten that. And it had been expunged from any record IIRC.

Try C5 catch up

eta - that's for the 5 mistakes documentary on Huntley

Last edited:
If AC is being described as her ex-boyfriend, I wonder when they split up? I had wondered if he was the friend she was saving up to move in with.

RSBM

Did they split and she threaten to tell his wife? That could be motive. The police are still investigating. This is important IMO.

I am suddenly reminded of the nurse who went missing and was found murdered wrapped in her own duvet cover. A married man was finally arrested and convicted on a guilty plea.

Well, at long last, maybe an answer to why this disappearance has seemed so strange in itself and in the way it has been covered. We know that authorities (from the now notorious Rochdale cases involving young girls) seem to have difficulties in dealing with cases where potential victim and potential perpetrators come from different communities. I think we see this in many US cases as well.
Clearly, more sensitivity is needed in these circumstances. I totally "get it" that certain minorities will attract more abuse and vitriol from press/public if they are suspected and that is very regrettable. But any male in Leah's life (and their associates), particularly if there were conflicts and tensions, has to, statistically, be top of the list for suspects, especially if married. You can certainly understand the family's frustrations. Could Leah have been pregnant maybe?

This could start to make sense of the parents pleas and the lack of police appeals now, I’ve said all along random abductions just don’t happen around here and if they ever did, certainly not in those areas in broad daylight. Maybe the line of enquiry is someone is ‘safe keeping’ her hence the no phone or bank account activity, she’s being taken care of and just doesn’t want to come back. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288