Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone aware of an, I believe, recent interview where a member of LE says that although the suspect is not in custody he does not believe there is a threat to the public?

I'm not aware of such an interview

I would be surprised to hear LE make such a claim in a case like this with out releasing some factual information as to the reason they would feel that way

JMO

some snarky comments about the girls being out there.
wow.
kids....teenagers need to experience the world ,their environment.
everything libby and gabby were doing was perfect and normal.
enjoying the sunshine, nature and each other.
a country county should have been the safest place on earth for them to roam their neighbourhood. PARENT FREE
the wrong thing going on here are unfair judgemental posts ( is it positive suffocating kids from life experience?)

abby and libby did nothing wrong and weren't even in the wrong place at the wrong time.

a bad man was/ is still on the loose. that is the only factual wrong thing in the equation.

moo

I agree.

First, they were 13 and 14, at this age, it is perfectly legally for them to walk around in a park/on a trail during the daytime. It was really close to Delphi. The bridge itself was, indeed, high, but obviously, not as dangerous as it looked (generations of people crossing it safely); both girls were athletic, and Libby crossed it many times, as it seems.

And the main thing - killers of this type are a seldom occurrence; luckily, they contribute to only 1% of all murders. So the chance of meeting one in broad daylight, on a bridge, next to a trail, is exceptionally slim.

However, if a killer is on a prowl, and one has the bad luck of being on his way, nothing can prevent it. People were abducted in five minutes it would take them to walk from one building to the next one. Sometimes in less time than that. It is just a horrible misfortune. And in no way it is parents' fault. It is no one's fault except for the killer.

Interesting question, @Rosegold68 -- MOO -- am thinking that the suspect is either a "people-type" worker (think: EMT, clergy, local community volunteer/volunteer leader, etc.), OR is directly related to someone who is.

Thus, the suspect received "insider" information very early on (i. e., info. that everyday Delphi residents would not know, short of knowing/being related to an "insider" who leaked that information).

Just "me", here, but am wondering, If I were DC, would I be feeling frustrated -- and betrayed -- to have shared "insider" information with a "people helper"-type person who was part of the Feb. 13 & 14, 2017 searches and community efforts, all to come to realize that the "insider" is someone who is either a friend/spouse/parent(s) of the suspect? And -- that the "insider" has unwittingly passed along that private information?

You bet.

If I heard that an investigator shared "insider" information with a "people-type worker" (be it even the producer of "the Shack"), anyone, short of a colleague working at the case, I'd say, it was unprofessional on behalf of the said investigator. No matter what his views, beliefs or convictions in the goodness of people were.

I agree.

First, they were 13 and 14, at this age, it is perfectly legally for them to walk around in a park/on a trail during the daytime. It was really close to Delphi. The bridge itself was, indeed, high, but obviously, not as dangerous as it looked (generations of people crossing it safely); both girls were athletic, and Libby crossed it many times, as it seems.

And the main thing - killers of this type are a seldom occurrence; luckily, they contribute to only 1% of all murders. So the chance of meeting one in broad daylight, on a bridge, next to a trail, is exceptionally slim.

However, if a killer is on a prowl, and one has the bad luck of being on his way, nothing can prevent it. People were abducted in five minutes it would take them to walk from one building to the next one. Sometimes in less time than that. It is just a horrible misfortune. And in no way it is parents' fault. It is no one's fault except for the killer.

ITA

This case is scary because it could happen to any of us. Not likely, but if we happen to be as unlucky as they were that day, we could be doing our normal day to day things and so happen to run into someone who wants to cause us harm. In broad daylight.

These girls weren't high risk. The weren't into drugs or other risky behaviors that can increase your chance of becoming a murder victim.

Actually, their risk was quite low, in a low risk town.

That's why it is so sad. Nobody could have seen this coming, especially not the poor families (who deserve no blame for this exact reason, and I hope they are not blaming themselves).

ITA

This case is scary because it could happen to any of us. Not likely, but if we happen to be as unlucky as they were that day, we could be doing our normal day to day things and so happen to run into someone who wants to cause us harm. In broad daylight.

These girls weren't high risk. The weren't into drugs or other risky behaviors that can increase your chance of becoming a murder victim.

Actually, their risk was quite low, in a low risk town.

That's why it is so sad. Nobody could have seen this coming, especially not the poor families (who deserve no blame for this exact reason, and I hope they are not blaming themselves).

Yeah, that’s one of the reasons that it’s captured the public’s attention the way it has.

Low risk victims partaking in low risk activity.

This sort of thing just doesn’t happen with any regularity, especially with two victims.

I also hope that no one is blaming themselves for this. You can’t foresee some psycho in the woods.

So the body of OBG is the body of YBG.
The "real" face belongs to YBG. OBG was created when a mask was pulled over YBG's head.
But it was February...not Oct. 31st.
Creepy, creepy BG needs to be arrested...tonight please. MOO

OMG OMG OMG Bolded comments by me.

LIBERTY GERMAN | Federal Bureau of Investigation

View attachment 186865

See the ellipsis on the FBI page with BG video. FASCINATING.

Definition of ellipsis
1a : the omission of one or more words that are obviously understood but that must be supplied to make a construction grammatically complete
b : a sudden leap from one topic to another
2 : marks or a mark (such as … ) indicating an omission (as of words) or a pause

Definition of ELLIPSIS

I really and truly don’t want to sound crass, but in all honesty, I get the impression he’s saying something like “guys, get your *advertiser censored** down the hill.”
There’s only enough time for a couple or three syllables..... with no more than a very slight pause between ‘guys’ and the next word..... in that lapse.
This is obviously only MOO at this very moment. Which of course could change tomorrow, or in the next hour and a half. Still it’s jmo

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.

Two teenage girls, armed with a camera, go for a walk in a familiar public park less than a mile from one of their houses, in the middle of the day, with other people (including kids) milling around, and armed with a cell phone. It's not like they were dropped down in Sarajevo on the Bosnian front line and told to run across Sniper Alley.

The family isn't any more at fault than the mother of the 5-year-old boy who was tossed over 3 stories at the Mall of America. The victims couldn't read the future. And it's very possible that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and if they had NOT been there, then we'd still be discussing this but perhaps with different victims and it would still be just as tragic.

I agree.

Abigail’s Mum has said she was not allowed on the bridge as it was too dangerous and she was angry Abigail had walked it. You’re right only BG is to blame for this horrific tragedy and Kelsi (Liberty’s Sister) should not feel guilty for dropping the girls off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie