Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a really helpful floor plan thankyou, so someone could easily have walked into the property and been in the carport or around under the verandah, the kitchen really only looks over the garden and shrubs, and maybe a little bit of street,and with the kettle boiling and possible family talking and noise it would be hard to hear much outside

and theres a great vantage point of that play deck from the front and side boundry of the empty, neighbours away house next door, i did a google walk down there, someone could have possibly hidden and watched fron there if they knew the owners were away

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...qFSY0xmgMf25KIrhxsSyFRcxVceM0sICHjbO2xhdw4Dkg

Desperate search for William led police to neighbour with boxed-up window

Investigators hunting for the missing child were quick to look at the child protection registry, which officers believed did not have anyone from the sleepy town of Kendall on it, the statement said.

Police also searched the home of one neighbour, who cannot be named, three times in a period of less than 24 hours.

"We saw a wooden box had been fabricated ... over what we thought would be a window," Senior Constable Rowley's statement reads.

"I saw his television on ... Sky News active with the scrolling story of the missing child William Tyrrell on the screen (it did not move and obviously had been selected)," it continued.

"I asked if I could see his hands and they were spotlessly clean ... I asked if he would mind removing his shirt and he did so and there was nothing on his body worth noting."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...qFSY0xmgMf25KIrhxsSyFRcxVceM0sICHjbO2xhdw4Dkg

Investigators hunting for the missing child were quick to look at the child protection registry, which officers believed did not have anyone from the sleepy town of Kendall on it, the statement said.

Police also searched the home of one neighbour, who cannot be named, three times in a period of less than 24 hours.

"We saw a wooden box had been fabricated ... over what we thought would be a window," Senior Constable Rowley's statement reads.

"I saw his television on ... Sky News active with the scrolling story of the missing child William Tyrrell on the screen (it did not move and obviously had been selected)," it continued.

"I asked if I could see his hands and they were spotlessly clean ... I asked if he would mind removing his shirt and he did so and there was nothing on his body worth noting."
And the first paragraph identifies the neighbour focussed upon as the man across the street.

Interesting how we are being drip fed small articles...I think on average about one a week?
On it's own, I don't find anything that unusual about a neighbour having selected a story on SkyNews about something that was happening in his own street or vicinity. Especially a small 'sleepy' town.
I do find, in particular, the first paragraph strange....is it saying they searched the register and did not find anyone or that they did not believe they would find anyone on the register (and that may have changed after they searched it)? The word 'believed' I think is what throws me. If they said they 'found' it did not have anyone then it would not have flagged at all.
Wooden box on the window is odd. I am not sure what that means.

Is anyone a subscriber to The Australian? Coroner releases info about"red fluff snagged in bracken near where he went missing......

I'm not a subscriber, but I can read it :)

NoCookies | The Australian

The red fluff was bagged as evidence, since William was wearing a bright red Spider-Man suit when he went missing.

Its significance is not yet known, but the discovery of the fluff was revealed in a police statement given by senior constable Christopher Rowley in 2014, released by the Coroner’s Court today.

Then the same thing about the neighbour, and a bit more:

On a second visit, police saw “a step ladder in a laundry type area, leading to a manhole.” They climbed up, and saw “insulation material, and dust falling down” which made them think the hatch had “not been accessed” for some time.

Is anyone a subscriber to The Australian? Coroner releases info about"red fluff snagged in bracken near where he went missing......

Police investigating the disappearance of three-year-old William Tyrrell recovered a small tuft of red fluff, snagged in bracken about 200 metres from where the boy was last seen alive, according to a statement released by the NSW Coroner today.

The red fluff was bagged as evidence, since William was wearing a bright red Spider-Man suit when he went missing.

That could have been the path that the abductor took with him. Remember the 'tip of the iceberg'? Slowly, slowly it's starting to break down. Roll on August.

This article also goes on to talk about the search of the neighbour across the road, as mentioned above.

Its significance is not yet known, but the discovery of the fluff was revealed in a police statement given by senior constable Christopher Rowley in 2014, released by the Coroner’s Court today.

On a second visit, police saw “a step ladder in a laundry type area, leading to a manhole.” They climbed up, and saw “insulation material, and dust falling down” which made them think the hatch had “not been accessed” for some time.
You beat me, sleep! Sorry for the repeat info.

Rereading that last paragraph BBM - does that mean that they only climbed up the ladder until they saw the insulation and dust, or did they search up there?

I hope they searched :mad:

And a bit more from there:

The man was known around the area to keep odd hours, and told police that his “sleep patterns were a lifestyle choice, probably a habit left over from this days as a taxi driver.”

Besides the red fluff, police bagged a strand of “strawberry blonde” hair found snagged on barbed wire, in a gully close to where William had last been seen.

Its significance is not yet known.

So that tells us which neighbour across the road.

Early clues in Tyrrell search revealed

"A small strawberry blonde/reddish hair" was photographed and taken into evidence.

The dense bush offered up more items of interest, including marijuana plants, men's underwear, red fluff and a child's toy.

One volunteer found blood near a road on the afternoon of the fifth day of searching. Sen Const Rowley was approached by a woman.

"She told us a male in a white ute had been sitting off the side (of the road) watching the actions of police around the 'blood find' for about 15 minutes," the officer said.

Rereading that last paragraph BBM - does that mean that they only climbed up the ladder until they saw the insulation and dust, or did they search up there?

I hope they searched :mad:

Well here's my answer:

The officer noticed a ladder leading up to a manhole in the laundry ceiling.

"I looked inside the roof cavity but did not climb in," he said in his statement, noting it appeared the hatch had not been opened recently.

"The only thing I could see in the roof cavity was a plastic owl often used to scare birds and vermin."

This second search was described as a "nil find" too.

Interesting how we are being drip fed small articles...I think on average about one a week?
On it's own, I don't find anything that unusual about a neighbour having selected a story on SkyNews about something that was happening in his own street or vicinity. Especially a small 'sleepy' town.
I do find, in particular, the first paragraph strange....is it saying they searched the register and did not find anyone or that they did not believe they would find anyone on the register (and that may have changed after they searched it)? The word 'believed' I think is what throws me. If they said they 'found' it did not have anyone then it would not have flagged at all.
Wooden box on the window is odd. I am not sure what that means.
The timing of today's articles is on account of four statements having just been released by the coroner. Let us hope one of the MSM sites will display them in full.

And a bit more from there:

The man was known around the area to keep odd hours, and told police that his “sleep patterns were a lifestyle choice, probably a habit left over from this days as a taxi driver.”

Besides the red fluff, police bagged a strand of “strawberry blonde” hair found snagged on barbed wire, in a gully close to where William had last been seen.

Its significance is not yet known.

So that tells us which neighbour across the road.
I guess if you had odd sleep patterns you could try to block out the daylight with a wooden box?

"A small strawberry blonde/reddish hair" was photographed and taken into evidence.

The dense bush offered up more items of interest, including marijuana plants, men's underwear, red fluff and a child's toy.

One volunteer found blood near a road on the afternoon of the fifth day of searching. Sen Const Rowley was approached by a woman.

"She told us a male in a white ute had been sitting off the side (of the road) watching the actions of police around the 'blood find' for about 15 minutes," the officer said.

Surely the police would have done a DNA test on the strawberry blonde/reddish hair.
Also, one would think that a hair sample would have been available from whatever hairbrush was used on William's hair.
As well, we know that they took Spedding's DNA. Probably other suspects DNA, too. If the hair is from a suspect.

They sure DO know a lot of stuff that we have never heard before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021