Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early clues in Tyrrell search revealed

"A small strawberry blonde/reddish hair" was photographed and taken into evidence.

The dense bush offered up more items of interest, including marijuana plants, men's underwear, red fluff and a child's toy.

One volunteer found blood near a road on the afternoon of the fifth day of searching. Sen Const Rowley was approached by a woman.

"She told us a male in a white ute had been sitting off the side (of the road) watching the actions of police around the 'blood find' for about 15 minutes," the officer said.
A child's toy? Wasn't there a toy found in the more recent search? Two toys or the same toy?
Marijuana plants? I'm no expert but I would assume these would require some regular care? Watering? Feeding? Pruning? Harvesting of course. So could be someone was a regular visitor?

Surely the police would have done a DNA test on the strawberry blonde/reddish hair.
Also, one would think that a hair sample would have been available from whatever hairbrush was used on William's hair.
As well, we know that they took Spedding's DNA. Probably other suspects DNA, too. If the hair is from a suspect.

They sure DO know a lot of stuff that we have never heard before!
They may have done DNA testing but may not have been able to extract any.

Challenges in DNA Testing and Forensic Analysis of Hair Samples

I agree, it’s amazing to find out the variety of items found during the search though.

A child's toy? Wasn't there a toy found in the more recent search? Two toys or the same toy?
Marijuana plants? I'm no expert but I would assume these would require some regular care? Watering? Feeding? Pruning? Harvesting of course. So could be someone was a regular visitor?

The news clip that sleep posted said the clues came from a statement that an officer provided, and the clues were found in 2014.

It is strange that this man apparently hasn't been called to attend the inquest. I wonder if we'd know if he'd claimed exemption on the grounds of self-incrimination.

Maybe he has been called, he could be the unnamed POI for all we know.

Can't Self Incrimination only be claimed once you are on the stand? I'll have to have a read.

Can't Self Incrimination only be claimed once you are on the stand? I'll have to have a read.

Yes, you are right. They must attend if they have been subpoenaed (or whatever they call it now) otherwise a warrant can be issued for their arrest.

They do not have to answer questions where they feel they will incriminate themselves.

Before the inquest the media were saying that a previous unknown was expected to become a focus of the inquest. But the accompanying visuals as I recall were of someone else . . . his next-door neighbour. We were confused because the latter had featured in media reports before, though not as a POI.

Hmmmm...

New person of interest expected to take centre stage at William Tyrrell inquest

Some names on that list have been previously released by police but sources say one so-far unidentified person will be watched closely when they are called in front of the inquest.

The person in question is said to be a man who has never been publicly discussed or known to be the focus of the investigation, The Sun-Herald reported.

He is reportedly expected to be the focus of the inquest.

Rereading that last paragraph BBM - does that mean that they only climbed up the ladder until they saw the insulation and dust, or did they search up there?

I hope they searched :mad:

The design of a manhole is to sit within a frame to keep it in position. Only when it is turned it can be removed DOWN into the room. But usually it is lifted upwards and placed onto the ceiling in the roof then no dust falls.

I really hope they checked inside ALL the roofs sleep.

Last edited:
Police investigating the disappearance of three-year-old William Tyrrell recovered a small tuft of red fluff, snagged in bracken about 200 metres from where the boy was last seen alive, according to a statement released by the NSW Coroner today.

The red fluff was bagged as evidence, since William was wearing a bright red Spider-Man suit when he went missing.

That could have been the path that the abductor took with him. Remember the 'tip of the iceberg'? Slowly, slowly it's starting to break down. Roll on August.

This article also goes on to talk about the search of the neighbour across the road, as mentioned above.

So, 'about 200 metres' from FGM's property is about where the red line is on this screenshot.

euhgdu.jpg

So, 'about 200 metres' from FGM's property is about where the red line is on this screenshot.

euhgdu.jpg
I measured it to be a bit less than that--to the corner of Ellendale or as far as the clearing up the bush track where the paths divide. But it sounds like they could be talking about the bush south of the house line. General stuff like stray clothing and bits of toys would tend to wash down that way. I want to know where the red fluff was found.

I measured it to be a bit less than that--to the corner of Ellendale or as far as the clearing up the bush track where the paths divide. But it sounds like they could be talking about the bush south of the house line. General stuff like stray clothing and bits of toys would tend to wash down that way. I want to know where the red fluff was found.

I wonder where it is most likely for barbed wire fencing to be (hair found on fence). Most likely south of FGM's house, I would think. Approaching the farmland to the south.

(I measured best I could from the property boundaries. Pretty sure I have some inaccuracy there, but the description also says 'about' 200m. So we now have a general idea.)

Hmmmm...

New person of interest expected to take centre stage at William Tyrrell inquest

Some names on that list have been previously released by police but sources say one so-far unidentified person will be watched closely when they are called in front of the inquest.

The person in question is said to be a man who has never been publicly discussed or known to be the focus of the investigation, The Sun-Herald reported.

He is reportedly expected to be the focus of the inquest.
And yet at the directions hearing in December, the nocturnal man didn't get s57 'leave to appear' (to be represented at the inquest).

I wonder where it is most likely for barbed wire fencing to be (hair found on fence). Most likely south of FGM's house, I would think. Approaching the farmland to the south.

(I measured best I could from the property boundaries. Pretty sure I have some inaccuracy there, but the description also says 'about' 200m. So we now have a general idea.)
Ah yes, that would be about right measured from the boundaries.

There have been various videos especially lately featuring wire fences. I think they were north and east sides of FGM's back yard. One or more of the finds might explain why FF was so persistent about searching the east side neighbours' yard particularly.

I wonder what the Coroner's intention is for releasing these four statements now.
Applying pressure to suspects by letting them know there are some real clues to their actions, prior to the August sitting?

It also serves as a dual purpose for letting people know that Jubes was working with real clues in his investigation.
Whatever the outcome, Jubes and his team had already unearthed and pinpointed all they could find. Not trying to start a debate about Jubes, but I am pleased to learn that his teams efforts (and the community's efforts) were not fruitless.

Ah yes, that would be about right measured from the boundaries.

There have been various videos especially lately featuring wire fences. I think they were north and east sides of FGM's back yard.

Do you recall where any of those videos are found? I would love to see them.
I can't recall seeing them myself, but I was absent for all of the first inquest sitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27