Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's certainly interesting. What was she trying to hide so badly that she wouldn't let CD take Maleah on his court-ordered visitation time?
Yeah, that statement doesn't make sense. If he didn't let him take her, any police officer can enforce the court order. All he would have to do is call them and as long as LE reads the court order they have the ability to intervene. Imo

Yeah, that statement doesn't make sense. If he didn't let him take her, any police officer can enforce the court order. All he would have to do is call them and as long as LE reads the court order they have the ability to intervene. Imo

Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way. In my friend's experience, law enforcement in her area was reluctant to get involved in custody matters. They kept saying it was a civil matter and would refuse to get involved.

MOO

Last edited:
You are absolutely correct. If it's criminal then they will. Otherwise they will not get involved. But was it CDs weekend to get the kids? I believe someone said his son was going to a sleepover.

Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way. In my friend's experience, law enforcement in her area was reluctant to get involved in custody matters. They would say it was a civil matter and refuse to get involved.

MOO
They are not supposed to. It's usually written right in the court order that any LE has the ability to enforce it.
Maybe that person was unable to produce the documents at that time.
Police get called all the time when there is a dispute and are usually very good at handling the situation. However, if they can't read the court order to establish which parent is supposed to have the child at that time there is nothing they can do.
Also the parent can file for a violation of the court order. Imo

They are not supposed to. It's usually written right in the court order that any LE has the ability to enforce it.
Maybe that person was unable to produce the documents at that time.
Police get called all the time when there is a dispute and are usually very good at handling the situation. However, if they can't read the court order to establish which parent is supposed to have the child at that time there is nothing they can do.
Also the parent can file for a violation of the court order. Imo
If it's true that CD tried to take the kids (or just Maleah) and BB refused to let him (it sounds like this happened more than once), then there should be a record of his asking for agency help with this, either CPS or LE. That is, if he "tried" all that hard. If he folded under BB's refusal without asking for any outside help, then there has to be a reason. Maybe he didn't want to involve the agencies, maybe he is participating in hiding something, or maybe BB is just really scary when she's mad.

Last edited:
You are absolutely correct. If it's criminal then they will. Otherwise they will not get involved. But was it CDs weekend to get the kids? I believe someone said his son was going to a sleepover.
It's not really clear whether or not that was his weekend for visitation. I believe BB stated she didn't know he was going to pick Maleah up.
Some people are more casual about it than others. Usually there is a statement following the structured visitation like "and any time the parents are in agreement" or that one must give the other 24 hour notice if they want to change plans.
And of course some act like the court order doesn't exist, and just do whatever they want. Imo

If it's true that CD tried to take the kids (or just Maleah) and BB refused to let him, then there should be a record of his asking for agency help with this, either CPS or LE. That is, if he "tried" all that hard. If he folded under BB's refusal without asking for any outside help, then there has to be a reason. Maybe he didn't want to involve the agencies, maybe he is participating in hiding something, or maybe BB is just really scary when she's mad.
Yes, they had so many resources I would think there were many options.
He could have skipped some of the scheduled visitation and that would also be a violation. Especially if he didn't let anybody know and just didn't show up.
I guess we really don't know what the family dynamics were, other than the kids seemed to be left in an abusive home without much supervision at all.
And to think CPS asked to be released from the case! Imo

Where is little Maleah? Missing child captures city's attention

BBM: I copy and pasted some details I found interesting and had not read before. Interesting MD's brother is having nightmares. (I am new here, please let me know if I am not posting the right way)

Her brothers, ages 2 and 6, unaware she is missing, remain with relatives. A judge barred Maleah’s mother and fiancé, Derion Vence from seeing them. On Wednesday, Vence’s 27th birthday, members of their shellshocked families testified in court for seven hours about the boys’ care.

Maleah and her older brother shared the same father, Craig Davis, also 26. A child support order from 2016 made Bowens the primary caregiver, but Davis could see the kids on certain weekends, Thursdays and holidays.

Davis in recent months sought to be involved in his kids’ lives, according to court testimony.

Bowens told the judge she is not yet ready to care for the boys but wanted to visit. She thought about them daily, she said.

“I’m all they know,” she said.

Where is little Maleah? Missing child captures city's attention

1. She's all they know? You mean, except for the various other caregivers, including for the six month period they were removed? Okay.

2. Why didn't CD see Maleah and her brother on Thursday, May 2?

3. There's no way in the world that the 6-year-old brother doesn't know she's missing. I'm sure he doesn't fully grasp the situation but it sounds to me like he is traumatized and nobody is addressing that. The article says he will need to see a therapist at some point. Seriously, all the people caring for this 6-year-old who may have witnessed his sister's abuse and/or murder (and could be an abuse victim himself), have not already put him in therapy??? That's horrible. Not that I'm surprised at this point. Of all the times to get your priorities straight and do the right thing for a child, this would be one.

I was floored by her statement to the judge. She is delusional if she thinks she is getting the custody of those boys anytime soon. I certainly hope that is not even an option.

Mothers are suppose to step up any situation put your kids first, put on a happy face, carry on for their sakes. Apparently she was not ready to be a mother.

"Bowens told the judge she is not yet ready to care for the boys but wanted to visit. She thought about them daily, she said."

I was floored by her statement to the judge. She is delusional if she thinks she is getting the custody of those boys anytime soon. I certainly hope that is not even an option.

Mothers are suppose to step up any situation put your kids first, put on a happy face, carry on for their sakes. Apparently she was not ready to be a mother.

"Bowens told the judge she is not yet ready to care for the boys but wanted to visit. She thought about them daily, she said."
She knows she would never be allowed custody so of course she's going to say that.
It's a good thing she hasn't been allowed to see the kids. The older child may have been coached in what to say.
Maybe a therapist can get him to reveal what he knows. He has to have something valuable to provide, such as the last time he actually saw Maleah alive and well, and what was really going on in that house. Imo

She knows she would never be allowed custody so of course she's going to say that.
It's a good thing she hasn't been allowed to see the kids. The older child may have been coached in what to say.
Maybe a therapist can get him to reveal what he knows. He has to have something valuable to provide, such as the last time he actually saw Maleah alive and well, and what was really going on in that house. Imo

Agree convenient statement to make when it is not even an option but I am glad to hear she is thinking about them. The apartment is tiny. Two bedroom. I am assuming all the kids shared a room? Very sad to think what went on there. Kids are very perceptive.

Agree convenient statement to make when it is not even an option but I am glad to hear she is thinking about them. The apartment is tiny. Two bedroom. I am assuming all the kids shared a room? Very sad to think what went on there. Kids are very perceptive.

Contrary to what that recent article said (it stated the rent for a 2/2 apartment) I remember seeing a floor plan for their apartment and it actually had 3 bedrooms (only the 3 bedroom option at the complex has an outdoor patio according to what I saw). I also remember BB referring to "Maleah's room," I think in one of the TV studio interviews. If they did have 3 bedrooms, it probably makes sense that BB and DV had one, the boys shared, and Maleah had her own. Of course this would have made it easier for someone to victimize Maleah.

BREAKING: Community activist Quanell X has gathered with police detectives in southwest Houston not far from NRG Park. He says he spoke with Maleah Davis's stepfather this morning who allegedly confessed that Maleah has died in an accident. The stepfather says he dumped the girl's body in Arkansas.

Police confirm to KHOU 11 they are looking into the claim.

From experience, it isn't always so cut and dry as you would think "the system" should work. Sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998