Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I linked this correctly. The third page states that the motion was granted and it's an order that QX is prohibited from visiting DV unless his attorney gives written consent. But it's not signed, so I'm not sure.
ViewFilePage

It was my practice, most of the time, to prepare an Order for the judge to sign granting my Motion and have it ready when I filed (or presented) my Motion to the Judge. If the Judge granted the Motion, it was ready to go. If my motion was denied, I just tossed it.
But it would not have appeared in the court file unless it was executed by the Judge.

For what it’s worth.

Last edited:
It was my practice, most of the time, to prepare an Order for the judge to sign granting my Motion and have it ready when I filed (or presented) the Motion to the Judge. If the Judge granted the Motion, it was ready to go. If my motion was denied, I just tossed it.
But it would not have appeared in the court file unless it was executed by the Judge.

For what it’s worth.

Thank you for explaining this!

HPD: Child's remains found in bag on Arkansas roadside could be Maleah Davis
[...]

Friday morning, Vence's attorney Dorian Cotlar filed a motion prohibiting Quanell X from visiting Vence after learning the family’s former representative had beat him to the Harris County Jail. The facility at 701 San Jacinto Street does not generally allow inmate visits on Fridays, except for lawyers, ministers and sometimes community leaders.

“We know Quanell X as a community leader,” Harris County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Jason Spencer said. “When a community leader asks to visit an inmate, we generally allow it, as long as the inmate agrees to the visit.”

Quanell X claims that his visit with Vence — which Cotlar says happened around 9 a.m. — garnered a supposed confession.

“Quanell X completely misled my client,” Cotlar said. “I don’t know how he was able to get into the jail.”

“He said he was going to provide lawyers, that everything was going to be fine,” he said.
<modsnipped due to copyright>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have felt there was more people involved than just him this whole time. Even if it was unknowingly and they got scared and have just remained silent because they would be suspect. Or it could be the opposite and they knew and were tight lipped, I’m not sure. MOO
Yes, it could be either. IMO it was CYA across the board and not because they were afraid. No one put Maleah's safety first, all they cared about was yakking about how they didn't know about any abuse (BB), that DV was innocent (Brother, dad), spewing nonsense about three Hispanic dudes who thought Maleah "looked sweet" (DV)," and burying their head in the sand and not even asking DV about Maleah (DV's mom).

BB may or may not have been aware of what DV did - I'm sure we'll find out soon - but if she didn't disclose the argument she had with him to LE immediately then I hope her *advertiser censored* gets charged with endangering a child, obstruction and anything else that will stick. What kind of mother hides pertinent information from LE when her child's safety is at risk?

Last edited:
I think the same thing or if I see buzzards circling an area. I too live in the woods of East Texas so the carrion circling is common.
I see them a ton too, I’m in the bayou of Louisiana. Alligators all over too, in the road, killed on the road, in the canals and you can see them from the hwy. Huge ones, 12 footers. Worries me how easily one could toss a bag with someone in it in a canal with these animals and that would be it.

I thought DV had the gas can to burn evidence of his crime.

Now I’m wondering if he took extra gas so he could avoid stopping for gas and risk being on video somewhere on his round trip to Arkansas. moo

It's a possibility. Jodi Arias took three 5-gallon gas cans with her to avoid stopping for gas.

I don't know how much trouble QX could get into for allegedly lying to DV, but this lawyer must seriously think we're all idiots to believe that DV didn't confess to him. I mean he gave him information on where to locate a body and lo and behold a body magically shows up in that location. Unless we're supposed to believe it was QX all along who did it.

Seriously, dude? He didn't tell him anything? This lawyer has one uphill battle ahead.

I thought DV had the gas can to burn evidence of his crime.

Now I’m wondering if he took extra gas so he could avoid stopping for gas and risk being on video somewhere on his round trip to Arkansas. moo
That's what I thought too, but then found out it was a 2 1/2 gallon can.
Maybe he got rid of one.
I would think he would have needed more than that to make the whole trip.

Not sure if Mr. X’s statement would affect that:

"Maleah didn’t have to die. That little girl did not have to die,” Quanell later told KHOU 11. “That child was being physically abused and physically tortured in that house and they were covering it up. It's a damn shame that her mother chose her mate over her own daughter."

Bowens has not been charged or accused in her daughter’s disappearance, but Quanell said he believes she knows what happened to the little girl.”

Child's remains found in search for Maleah Davis

Felony murder? For someone?

Map indicates Houston, Tx to Fulton, AR about 310 miles....

data=o0FbyjIWf2jg_fqO4Qlso6JNykMShz-zvC8cR5Iq7BWhEcYNIi20zwKDWdStovPjYFfn-IoBiOXAOwjPjcUwvxPBHRf1Jr921OXu0Xlk9jmWR-ZUQFWIOA73qN-cb-TXjk9O0KtpbzOyGHOX6bYz1Rr-1HnBYhcvNQs,dhQEQkpdWtpZt6q7i3p1X1VSLe-AuN-zukzsCAceFuLfVFlGNc5NRGvvgOUov3aNu4S2JTI4mIrRZxc8OYSiK50U_qK2VzrKWUL4aQdoXTz1wVCizTQ21MAt0HT-CQa6oiyrC89FSG6FFTn5CTsC1XQ86A3mDZGDuGx1HSl6CMoYr7RoaRRKJN5vsPRi5UiXFY7rZhN1_fAHG7sXLqp1RGSOfYWD_iDuP2EJCwf56Jgp5FoStl89lCr20eiPToKxOVKWwVDLNQTsi1VN5pbcKt-xF7KZJ8zrpiXQYf_SKqID2A-xBdqHTr26P0QUU41b4ILj8BiKD7D8oIWuN69gwuycY_XZeeTFRbiSgqOLDcPtV9s5txGi9QJPWNI

Looks like I should have fact checked after asking Alexa. My bad. Still, not an inconsequential drive.

I have a few thoughts and this is JMO.
  • The murder investigation is just beginning. There are still many pieces to complete this puzzle of deceit and lies.
  • The timing of Q's meeting with DV today was interesting. IMO - it was a window of opportunity. It occurred right after his private attorney bailed. Therefore, Q was free to visit and speak with him as a Community Activist.
  • I believe LE coordinated the meeting with Q. DV may have felt he had a trusted ally in Q or he felt more comfortable speaking with Q vs. LE.
  • The fact that her remains have been found is a huge break. The dead do speak and DV, and the others involved, were not meticulous. Her clothing will be important and the helmet will be a major focus.
  • In the PC, LE said continued pressure needs to be placed on all "key participants". IMO - they know others are involved (as we all do at this point - IMO).
  • Some Social Media pages will be someone's downfall - IMO.
IMO - the adults and caregivers in Meleah's life failed her. CPS failed. Why? How? This just breaks my heart. MOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88