Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see them a ton too, I’m in the bayou of Louisiana. Alligators all over too, in the road, killed on the road, in the canals and you can see them from the hwy. Huge ones, 12 footers. Worries me how easily one could toss a bag with someone in it in a canal with these animals and that would be it.
Absolutely. I'm sure that happens and it's scary. I'm not far from caddo lake and its swampy. With all our rain and flooding lately they've been spotted in the river in my area.

Hey Everyone,

We all saw this coming but it still rips your heart out. Sweet little Maleah never had a chance with the monster her mother let live with them.

We have been asked to give guidance to this thread as far as what can be discussed.

If you new here then please note you can discuss what is being reported on in the mainstream media. Also, discuss what Maleah's mom has stated, and you can offer your opinion as to what happened to Maleah but you cannot randomly accuse family members, neighbors, or anyone who has not been named as a person of interest. Maleah's step-father is the only person of interest so far. However, Maleah's mom is under the media spotlight because we all want to know what she knew about or if she knew about what was going on with her husband and her daughter. You can certainly speculate on what the mother knew but please do not go crazy with unfounded accusations against the mom until we know more.

Thank you,
Tricia

Hope this helps

FYI this post by Tricia still applies. I see name calling and some posts stepping over the line regarding the mother.

You may discuss what is stated in MSM but you may not make accusations or insinuations about involvement until the mother is named a suspect or charged.

I thought DV had the gas can to burn evidence of his crime.

Now I’m wondering if he took extra gas so he could avoid stopping for gas and risk being on video somewhere on his round trip to Arkansas. moo
Or maybe to burn clothes used in the crime/clean up at the apartment. But the not stopping for gas is actually just as good a possible reason.

Here we go folks -- DV's new attorney is disputing everything that we know thus far:

“We know Quanell X as a community leader,” Harris County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Jason Spencer said. “When a community leader asks to visit an inmate, we generally allow it, as long as the inmate agrees to the visit.”

Quanell X claims that his visit with Vence — which Cotlar says happened around 9 a.m. — garnered a supposed confession.

“Quanell X completely misled my client,” Cotlar said. “I don’t know how he was able to get into the jail.”

“He said he was going to provide lawyers, that everything was going to be fine,” he said.

Cotlar added that details that Quanell X alleged to have learned from Vence did not happen.

“My client did not confess to Quanell. He did not use the word accident with Quanell,” Cotlar said. “I’m not sure why the DA’s Office and Texas Equusearch are giving validity to anything (Quanell) says.”

“Quanell makes his living off of reward money,” he continued.

Cotlar is the second attorney to represent Vence after Thomas Burton withdrew as counsel this week because the family could not pay for his services.

"It's too complex of a case to be working on for free," he said, adding that he was privately attained. He said he received some compensation, but it wasn't enough.

Burton also said that when he represented Vence, he told him not to speak to anyone. Burton also questioned Quanell X's role in the case.

"It certainly appears he's attempting to practice law without a license," Burton said.

Quanell X also told Vence that he was "going to be representing him," Cotlar said.

Vence was under the impression that his family had sent Quanell X after Burton withdrew and that Quanell X was taking over representation, according to Cotlar.

In a phone call, Quanell X said he was not representing Vence or his family at the time of his visit.

He said he went to see Vence at the jail because “I wanted to.”

“I felt like I needed to,” he said.

HPD: Child's remains found in bag on Arkansas roadside could be Maleah Davis

Maybe this has been discussed, but did Maleah have medical insurance? With recent surgeries, she would likely need months of follow-up visits, CAT scans, etc. Medical care is incredibly expensive and perhaps that was a possible motive for her murder.

She would be covered under Medicaid, unless Texas refused to take Medicaid funds....

That's what I thought too, but then found out it was a 2 1/2 gallon can.
Maybe he got rid of one.
I would think he would have needed more than that to make the whole trip.

That gas can I’m sure is relevant, but it might not even be relevant. There’s people out there who carry gas in their trunks in busy cities when there’s traffic jams

KPRC 2 Houston on Twitter
This is what happened on Friday in the search for Maleah Davis - more at link

Joe Vence who is Derion Vence’s father, told KPRC 2 this afternoon that he hadn’t heard about his son’s reported confession to community activist Quanell X. “No, I haven’t heard that. But, how was he (Quanell) able to talk to Derion? He’s not his attorney,” Vence said.

Last edited:
[...]

Friday morning, Vence's attorney Dorian Cotlar filed a motion prohibiting Quanell X from visiting Vence after learning the family’s former representative had beat him to the Harris County Jail. The facility at 701 San Jacinto Street does not generally allow inmate visits on Fridays, except for lawyers, ministers and sometimes community leaders.

“We know Quanell X as a community leader,” Harris County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Jason Spencer said. “When a community leader asks to visit an inmate, we generally allow it, as long as the inmate agrees to the visit.”

Quanell X claims that his visit with Vence — which Cotlar says happened around 9 a.m. — garnered a supposed confession.

“Quanell X completely misled my client,” Cotlar said. “I don’t know how he was able to get into the jail.”

“He said he was going to provide lawyers, that everything was going to be fine,” he said.

Cotlar added that details that Quanell X alleged to have learned from Vence did not happen.

“My client did not confess to Quanell. He did not use the word accident with Quanell,” Cotlar said. “I’m not sure why the DA’s Office and Texas Equusearch are giving validity to anything (Quanell) says.”

[...]

"It's too complex of a case to be working on for free," he said, adding that he was privately attained. He said he received some compensation, but it wasn't enough.

[...]

Quanell X also told Vence that he was "going to be representing him," Cotlar said.

Vence was under the impression that his family had sent Quanell X after Burton withdrew and that Quanell X was taking over representation, according to Cotlar.

[...]

BBM and yet her body was found right where he allegedly told QX he placed it. Wow, I wonder how all this will play out. I hope to hell this doesn't jeopardize the evidence. Have to back read and see if any of our verified attys have chimed in on if or how this confession and the evidence (body) that came from it will affect the trial.

This is what happened on Friday in the search for Maleah Davis
Remains of a child were found in a bag Friday near the search scene for Maleah Davis in Hope, Arkansas, according to law enforcement officials. There has been no identification made on the remains. Authorities said road crews found the remains in a garbage bag emitting a foul odor near Exit 18 in Fulton, Arkansas, which is about 14 miles southwest of Hope.
view

Houston Police Department homicide detectives went to Arkansas on Friday after remains were found during the search for Maleah Davis. Tim Miller, from Texas EquuSearch, helped arrange the plane to take the investigators. Miller, another person from EquuSearch and two detectives took off from the Rosharon airstrip around 3 p.m.
view

Joe Vence who is Derion Vence’s father, told KPRC 2 this afternoon that he hadn’t heard about his son’s reported confession to community activist Quanell X. “No, I haven’t heard that. But, how was he (Quanell) able to talk to Derion? He’s not his attorney,” Vence said.

BBM and yet her body was found right where he allegedly told QX he placed it. Wow, I wonder how all this will play out. I hope to hell this doesn't jeopardize the evidence. Have to back read and see if any of our verified attys have chimed in on if or how this confession and the evidence (body) that came from it will affect the trial.

Is that stuff recorded when people visit the inmates?

That gas can I’m sure is relevant, but it might not even be relevant. There’s people out there who carry gas in their trunks in busy cities when there’s traffic jams
Yes, or maybe he thought about burning the body and changed his mind. Or used it to burn other evidence or just poured it in the bag to cover up the smell.
BB did say he was not known to carry a gas can. Imo

We have to remember that Maleah was a healthy normal child at one point

There was no reason she needed brain surgeries other than she was repeatedly physically abused by someone trusted to care for her. And there was tremendous neglect in treating her for the injuries that person subjected her to.

There was no reason for any of the pain and suffering that child had to tolerate. There were just cruel adults. And they need to be called out and brought to justice.

DV's attorney is definitely in damage control mode right now per my earlier post.

I'd say that somebody immediately prepped Pops on his response. We've heard him speak before. Don't sound like his words. MOO

I guess DV is allowed to talk to whoever he wants.

Here we go folks -- DV's new attorney is disputing everything that we know thus far:

“Quanell makes his living off of reward money,” he continued.

Cotlar is the second attorney to represent Vence after Thomas Burton withdrew as counsel this week because the family could not pay for his services.

Burton also said that when he represented Vence, he told him not to speak to anyone. Burton also questioned Quanell X's role in the case.

"It certainly appears he's attempting to practice law without a license," Burton said.

In a phone call, Quanell X said he was not representing Vence or his family at the time of his visit.

He said he went to see Vence at the jail because “I wanted to.”

“I felt like I needed to,” he said.

I agree with DV's attorney. IMO - Q needs to stop all interviews and grandstanding. However, there is a body. So..is it possible that evidence collected from the body, the trash bag, and surrounding area will not be admissible? Perhaps. But, I highly doubt it. Also, this case has so much local publicity and outrage, I expect his attorney will request a change of venue.

IMO - of course.

DV's attorney is definitely in damage control mode right now per my earlier post.

I'd say that somebody immediately prepped Pops on his response. We've heard him speak before. Don't sound like his words. MOO
I hope this doesn't turn into a circus. Maleah doesn't need that right now, she needs Justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆