Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like more info on where DV was April 30-May 3.

[snip]

I just can’t reconcile a toddler in a wet dirty diaper with no food or drink for 26+ hours with not being admitted at least overnight for observation.
SBM for focus

I suspect he was not kept for observation because none of those things were noted. I also suspect that was one of the many things that immediately led LE to disbelieve a word that came from DV's mouth about his harrowing abduction by 3 random Latinos. :rolleyes:

I think it's possible another adult was with him on the drive to AR but I tend to lean towards it being DV and the baby alone in the car with Maleah in the trunk :( . Lots of people take long car trips with small children and no assistance. IF he was as involved in the parenting of and caring for the kids as his father claims he was, I think this is totally doable. It's nothing to pull over at a rest stop or gas station here and there to change a diaper of feed a toddler. He would risk being seen/remembered true, but he has pretty much shown he is not the sharpest tool in the shed with the rest of his fabrication so I can totally see it.

“We know Quanell X as a community leader,” Harris County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Jason Spencer said. “When a community leader asks to visit an inmate, we generally allow it, as long as the inmate agrees to the visit.”

i’m hoping that this is the answer to “is the confession recorded?”. surely a lawyer/client meeting would not be recorded, but what about a meeting with a community leader? that shouldn’t be considered a privileged conversation, right ?
His lawyer can try and block this, but DV willingly spoke to QX of his own free will. DV reached out to QX of his own free will. Everything DV has done is of his own free will.
MOO.

Check around the web, and it looks like it takes 2 to 3 days for a human corpse to start to smell. If Vence tightly sealed the plastic garbage bag, it may have cut down on the odor escaping from the bag. Also, if I understand the layout of that apartment, it looks as if there was a storage area with a secure door on the patio, and her remains could have stayed there for a short period.

I'm trying to be patient and let LE inform us of their best guess as to when Maleah died. I don't think the autopsy will be able to give the time or manner of death. The timeline of that week makes no sense, and gives no clue for timing:

• Monday, 4/29, Maleah does not attend daycare. Per reports of a recent CPS hearing, BB called Maleah's father and asked him to take her to the doctor, because there was something wrong with her. She later called him back to say that DV would take Maleah to the doctor. It's unknown if DV did take her to the doctor or the ER.
  • Tuesday, 4/30, Maleah again does not attend daycare. She is seen on video returning to the apartment with DV at 7:54. Reports for the rest of the day are unclear, but DV is seen alone by his car around 9 am, and BB is reported to have left for the airport around 9:30. News reports that DV left work early that day, going home with the flu. His shift seems to be 9 to 5. LE has no doubt reviewed the surveillance footage from that day and knows more than the general public, but it would seem that Maleah was left alone in the apartment for a period of time that day. She may have been alive, she may have still been dealing with whatever was wrong with her on Monday, or she may have been gravely injured.
  • Wednesday, 5/1 DV again goes home from work with the flu. Again, no detail to this.
  • Thursday, 5/2 DV does not report to work.
  • Friday, 5/3 DV is officially out with the flu. Seen on video removing a laundry basket around 1:40 pm.
My sense is that Maleah probably died on Wednesday or by the time DV got up on Thursday morning. DV had been going to work, but leaving to check on her. With the history with CPS, he would not take her to the doctor, but he didn't know what to do. I think he spent Thursday and Friday trying to figure out what to do.

FWIW, I'm skeptical on a lot of the stuff Quanell X has said and so I try to weigh it and see if it makes sense. If it doesn't, I put it to the side, but don't forget it. I think we all should keep in my that BB told the bio-dad that there was something wrong with Maleah on Monday.

When asked if he expected to get the reward money, he told reporters, 'Hell no.'

[snip]

“She’s home. She’s back home,” Quanell X said

[snip]

The clues around the bag were enough for Hempstead County’s coroner to allow the remains to be flown back to Houston.

'She's home. She's back home,' Quanell X tells media after watching plane carrying human remains land in Houston

1st BBM very glad to read this, I may not care for his involvement in this case, admittedly he has brought forth info that I feel helped move the investigation along, my distaste for him aside.

2nd BBM I hadn't read this. Do we know what clues they are referring to? Thinking of things that would be identifiable and tie to Maleah but wouldn't degrade like remains. Clothing of hers maybe?

Asking for someone to dump your girlfriend dead child is an awful big favor. And if DV drove there and back, I'm sure he stayed at the speed limit and prayed he wouldn't get pulled over. This is east Texas and Arkansas, and sometimes you get pulled over for no reason other than being black. Not being racist, just truthful.

“There are some personal effects that lead us to believe it is Maleah,” Sgt. Mark Holbrook, an HPD detective, told KHOU 11 News.

[snip]

The clothes, jewelry and clues around the bag were enough, though, for Hempstead County’s coroner to allow the remains to be flown back to Houston.

HPD: Child remains, clothes found in Arkansas 'lead us to believe it is Maleah'

I really hate that I got sucked into this case :(

“There are some personal effects that lead us to believe it is Maleah,” Sgt. Mark Holbrook, an HPD detective, told KHOU 11 News.

[snip]

The clothes, jewelry and clues around the bag were enough, though, for Hempstead County’s coroner to allow the remains to be flown back to Houston.

Me too. And I really, really hate that I’ll get sucked up in the next one!

Check around the web, and it looks like it takes 2 to 3 days for a human corpse to start to smell. If Vence tightly sealed the plastic garbage bag, it may have cut down on the odor escaping from the bag. Also, if I understand the layout of that apartment, it looks as if there was a storage area with a secure door on the patio, and her remains could have stayed there for a short period.

I'm trying to be patient and let LE inform us of their best guess as to when Maleah died. I don't think the autopsy will be able to give the time or manner of death. The timeline of that week makes no sense, and gives no clue for timing:

• Monday, 4/29, Maleah does not attend daycare. Per reports of a recent CPS hearing, BB called Maleah's father and asked him to take her to the doctor, because there was something wrong with her. She later called him back to say that DV would take Maleah to the doctor. It's unknown if DV did take her to the doctor or the ER.
  • Tuesday, 4/30, Maleah again does not attend daycare. She is seen on video returning to the apartment with DV at 7:54. Reports for the rest of the day are unclear, but DV is seen alone by his car around 9 am, and BB is reported to have left for the airport around 9:30. News reports that DV left work early that day, going home with the flu. His shift seems to be 9 to 5. LE has no doubt reviewed the surveillance footage from that day and knows more than the general public, but it would seem that Maleah was left alone in the apartment for a period of time that day. She may have been alive, she may have still been dealing with whatever was wrong with her on Monday, or she may have been gravely injured.
  • Wednesday, 5/1 DV again goes home from work with the flu. Again, no detail to this.
  • Thursday, 5/2 DV does not report to work.
  • Friday, 5/3 DV is officially out with the flu. Seen on video removing a laundry basket around 1:40 pm.
My sense is that Maleah probably died on Wednesday or by the time DV got up on Thursday morning. DV had been going to work, but leaving to check on her. With the history with CPS, he would not take her to the doctor, but he didn't know what to do. I think he spent Thursday and Friday trying to figure out what to do.

FWIW, I'm skeptical on a lot of the stuff Quanell X has said and so I try to weigh it and see if it makes sense. If it doesn't, I put it to the side, but don't forget it. I think we all should keep in my that BB told the bio-dad that there was something wrong with Maleah on Monday.
I totally agree with your theory. I believe DV did not get her medical attention. I believe he told BB that MD was sick.

I get annoyed everytime I read the timeline. Why do you need to be told to take your child to the hospital when they obviously need to go there?
IMO Because they all knew about the abuse and were trying to decide if she was ill enough to risk another CPS investigation.

Probably also the reason she died, IMO. And likely the reason why the death wasn't reported.

Asking for someone to dump your girlfriend dead child is an awful big favor. And if DV drove there and back, I'm sure he stayed at the speed limit and prayed he wouldn't get pulled over. This is east Texas and Arkansas, and sometimes you get pulled over for no reason other than being black. Not being racist, just truthful.
Yes you are correct. Especially in Texarkana!

Steve Campion‏Verified account @SteveABC13 5m5 minutes ago
Maleah, Houston loves you.
2764.png
The world loves you! Your spirit shall live on in each one of us. We never met. Yet somehow you touched this community in ways few ever do. Rest In Peace, baby girl. Details on what we know -> http://abc13.com/5324808 . #MaleahDavis #abc13 #hounews

D8AC4ljWwAArrKg.jpg

I know some people are struggling to understand how DV could have driven a few hours with a body... because of the smell.

Closing arguments begin next week in the case of a father who killed his FIVE children and drove around with their bodies for at least a week.

So yeah. It happens.

[snip]

Me, too. Ive been nauseated for 2 days now. This is awful. :(

I totally agree with your theory. I believe DV did not get her medical attention. I believe he told BB that MD was sick.
I want to know why BB wanted CD to take Maleah to the Doctor, but changed her mind,and said DV would take her? On Monday. I also want to know why BB said CD didn't ask to have Maleah, when he did,but was denied even being able to look,and see her?
IIRC Monday BB was still in town( Houston) at the Apartment, she was there on TUES before leaving for the funeral.
So she knew before leaving Houston Maleah needed to go to the doctor.
So why was DV supposed to take Maleah to daycare instead of the doctor? On Monday,or Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks