Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This photo shows me who had the most 'power' in that family.
Looks like she was totally enamored by him and he could give 2
figs about her.
Maybe she was always just a bank account to him. Maybe he
was never capable of love and giving to others. What a way for her
to have to live. Did she not see through this before she married him? Did she think she could change him and turn him into a
loving, kind person?
Yes! Especially interesting when heavy.com posted that interview with FD saying that men are fixers while women want to be heard. Paraphrasing here. MOO.

I agree with this post completely.
I think the person who wanted JD out of the way is the one who went to the house that day.

I don't think this was a contract killing/hitman scenario.

If you hire someone to do your dirty work for you, you don't then drive yourself out to Hartford to dispose of evidence, if that is in fact what FD was doing there in Hartford. That totally defeats the purpose of contracting a hit.
The goal is to keep your hands completely clean.
Like Pontius Pilate.

Agree that the perpetrator may have had help in the aftermath, i.e., assistance with cleaning up the crime scene, help moving KB and/or removing evidence in the home, providing alibis, etc.

We've certainly seen that scenario play out here before.
If I see or hear the words "Landfill Search" in relation to this case, I'm going to vent a spleen.

JMO.
I thought the same about Landfill Search since the trash was
picked up Friday morning BEFORE LE started their search in Hartford.

I could not agree more.

I think the person who wanted JD out of the way is the one who went to the house that day.

If you hire someone to do your dirty work for you, you don't then drive yourself out to Hartford to dispose of evidence, if that is in fact what FD was doing there in Hartford. That totally defeats the purpose of contracting a hit.
Like Pontius Pilate.

Agree that the perpetrator may have had help in the aftermath, i.e., assistance with cleaning up the crime scene, help moving KB and/or removing evidence in the home, providing alibis, etc.

If I see or hear the words "Landfill Search" in relation to this case, I'm going to vent a spleen.

JMO.
But what if said hitman was incompetent? History has shown a long line of these types. FD may be intelligent but not street smart enough to get "the right guy"?

I could not agree more.

Like Pontius Pilate.

JMO.
I think you must mean JD? But wow similarities between These two cases are eerie - I’m waiting for his gf to strike a deal -JMO

There is a tax limit of $12000 for a "gift".

Stupid stupid man to retroactively claim it was a gift. He then owes taxes on the $488,000 that exceeds the amount allowed as a gift.

I wonder if the IRS might be interested in this.
I haven’t read all the way to current but this is not how this works. First off, I think it’s now 15k a person. Secondly, once it’s over 15k, all you have to do is report it to the IRS so they can subtract it from your lifetime gift amount which is currently 11.4million . The recipient never pays taxes on it but the giver can pay taxes if they given away over 11.4 million in their lifetime.

Strikes me as a sad photograph--his hands deep in his pockets while she embraces him.
And how is the fact that LE took DNA from FD breaking news at this point? Didn't we learn that already?
First thing I noticed is you can’t see either of his arms or hands embracing her. So sad!

I would’ve thought the same if I’d never seen or heard of either one of them or their history.

Amazing how much a photo can tell.
(Sorta like when analyzing a child’s self-portrait and his drawings of his house. Both can reveal quite a lot.)

I think you must mean JD? But wow similarities between These two cases are eerie - I’m waiting for his gf to strike a deal -JMO
Oh, my gosh, yes, you're right!
I wrote the wrong initials, completely meant to put KD in there.
Thank you, Oviedo! I went back and edited my post to correct it.

Talk about a Freudian slip!

JMO.

Oh, my gosh, yes, you're right!
I wrote the wrong initials, completely meant to put KD in there.
Thank you, Oviedo! I went back and edited my post to correct it.

Talk about a Freudian slip!

JMO.
Honestly I thought the same thing as soon as I read the docket on the divorce - custody in both cases seems to be the catalyst - plus JD has a lot of $ IMO

First thing I noticed is you can’t see either of his arms or hands embracing her. So sad!

I would’ve thought the same if I’d never seen or heard of either one of them or their history.

Amazing how much a photo can tell.
(Sorta like when analyzing a child’s self-portrait and his drawings of his house. Both can reveal quite a lot.)
Interesting article about body language--crossed arms in particular. Lie to Me used to be one of my favorite shows. :cool: 9 Truths Exposing a Myth About Body Language

Last edited:
I haven’t read all the way to current but this is not how this works. First off, I think it’s now 15k a person. Secondly, once it’s over 15k, all you have to do is report it to the IRS so they can subtract it from your lifetime gift amount which is currently 11.4million . The recipient never pays taxes on it but the giver can pay taxes if they given away over 11.4 million in their lifetime.

Yeah, it's 15K.

I'm not claiming to know who is being truthful here but I'm amazed that the husband is alleged to have basically said "honey - my girlfriend is moving in with her daughter. I hope you don't mind and don't let it disrupt your usual routine". This guy has a pair. How humiliating that would be for JD and what would that teach the kids?
....and I'll be awake half the night trying to figure out what STBX stands for....don't tell me, I'll figure it out.
Hoping for clarity for the family tomorrow

Forgive me if someone already posted this. But this action on the part of STBX is VERY LIKELY TO HAVE OCCURRED. He probably wanted his wife to leave him w/out conditions. Just her lawyer asking - how much do you want to leave?

Her lawyers started in on him - asked repayment for the loans, cut off support for him, etc. He needed the kids for custody support. It was unsophisticated ploy on this part. He didn't foresee pushback. Mess with someone that 1) is rich and 2) you depend on, it's may not be that easy.

My thought is that he’s been planning to do away with JD for awhile...He had his accomplice (Hartford based) lined up for the job...Assured accomplice it would be a no brainer...Something did not go according to plan that morning and things got messy...Accomplice is not happy that things did not run smooth and tells FD he’s pissed at the outcome and wants more money for the extra trouble...They meet at the bakery for the extra money to be paid...Problem: Accomplice has more cash than he’s seen in a long time and loose lips to boot...A confidant tipped off police...He’s brought in and flips...MOO

But what if said hitman was incompetent? History has shown a long line of these types. FD may be intelligent but not street smart enough to get "the right guy"?

These guys are invariably incompetent, it’s not like the movies.

It’s usually a friend, or a friend of a friend.

I don’t think that factors in here though. A hitman is less likely than the alternative.

One person doing this alone, with possible help after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita