Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The intense search at 80 Mountain Springs Road today gives me hope that they'll find her soon. Did these two really think they could get away with this? My guess is he killed her and she helped him cover it up. I don't think it was planned, I think he lost it - the very thing that Jennifer knew he was capable of doing. So sad.

Her keys, at least, had to be missing because the car was moved. If her phone was turned off and the precise time can be determined, that would be significant because a busy woman like her with appointments scheduled and friends to keep, lives on her phone. LE has already said the window of activity was likely between 8 am and noon, just after she dropped the kids off at school and when the cleaning lady came in at noon. Whatever happened must have happened quickly. Someone knew to move fast. Did they know the cleaning lady's arrival time?

Sorry, I can’t read today.

Last edited:
That's what I'm thinking. I don't think a U.S. court could take away documents like a passport that another country issued.

jmo

What he found with a quick search was courts can ASK someone to surrender an non -US passport if a person is under arrest. The person can refuse but would most likely be remanded into custody as a flight risk. His favorite phrase from law school is "It depends". JMO

The Hartford Courant this morning, clearly states that the surveillance video obtained in the north end of Hartford was of FD, himself. I am surprised that he hasn't been questioned by LE yet, based on that. Questions like " what were you doing in the north end of Hartford in the middle of the night?" for starters.

He doesn’t have to talk. Fortunately or unfortunately.
Hopefully, he is on camera there and LE knows anyway.

I believe that is a beautiful older home that his company gutted, rebuilt the interior, and added a four-car garage. It has not sold.

My impression of the interior was very formulaic and lacking in charm for the price. ( White marble kitchen, dark wood floors, white bathrooms) Also the staging is not great- too much empty space with office chairs and portable tables. I assume that is probably the new construction over the patio. The front patio is also stark-looking. The part that photographs the best is the library / wine room. Those small windowless white rooms with kids stuff are kind of dismal. But that might just be the staging.

Despite the "Grand Manor-like" archway, which is clearly the addition, it's not all that great. IMHO

BBM From this same article:

"The five Dulos children were set to spend Memorial Day Weekend with their father, according to a relaxed visitation schedule a judge issued in March."

(SBM...I wonder if the upcoming long weekend visit lead to an argument, especially since they were to be in court the next week about the divorce hearing, if I remember reading correctly. Maybe JD insisted on stipulations like no skiing, no girlfriend. When did his weekend time with them start? Friday after school or Saturday morning? I am curious about that and when did he know she was missing? So many questions!)

The same article said:

"In a March 20 ruling, Judge Donna Heller changed what had been extremely limited access to the children for Fotis Dulos, allowing him every-other-weekend visits to the home in Farmington where they grew up. The judge changed the schedule even though she previously had called Fotis Dulos “a liar who willingly ignored court orders” by allowing his girlfriend access to his five children, despite a court order explicitly ordering him not to do that.

After several contentious months of hearings, and with reports from therapists and a guardian ad litem, Heller ruled Fotis Dulos could have supervised visitation rights with his children that included having the kids every other weekend starting at the end of March. He was allowed to spend seven hours with the children in Fairfield County on Saturdays and six hours with them in Hartford County on Sundays, including at his Farmington home on Jefferson Crossing.

“The court finds it is in the children’s best interests that they have regular supervised parenting time with the defendant every other weekend,” Heller said.

The judge even accommodated the Easter holiday weekend switching weekends so that the children would spend it with their father and his family. Dulos is a Greek citizen...."

What a bizarre change of heart this judge appears to have had—I wonder what motivated her to so markedly relax the rules surrounding his visitation...

They will probably add more charges for him before he can bond out.
She may be the one to provide more clear information and if she's
smart, she'll quickly turn on him. LE may need her and so may cut her a deal, like in the Frazee case w/ the nurse.

BBM From this same article:

"The five Dulos children were set to spend Memorial Day Weekend with their father, according to a relaxed visitation schedule a judge issued in March."

(SBM...I wonder if the upcoming long weekend visit lead to an argument, especially since they were to be in court the next week about the divorce hearing, if I remember reading correctly. Maybe JD insisted on stipulations like no skiing, no girlfriend. When did his weekend time with them start? Friday after school or Saturday morning? I am curious about that and when did he know she was missing? So many questions!)

The same article said:

"In a March 20 ruling, Judge Donna Heller changed what had been extremely limited access to the children for Fotis Dulos, allowing him every-other-weekend visits to the home in Farmington where they grew up. The judge changed the schedule even though she previously had called Fotis Dulos “a liar who willingly ignored court orders” by allowing his girlfriend access to his five children, despite a court order explicitly ordering him not to do that.

After several contentious months of hearings, and with reports from therapists and a guardian ad litem, Heller ruled Fotis Dulos could have supervised visitation rights with his children that included having the kids every other weekend starting at the end of March. He was allowed to spend seven hours with the children in Fairfield County on Saturdays and six hours with them in Hartford County on Sundays, including at his Farmington home on Jefferson Crossing.

“The court finds it is in the children’s best interests that they have regular supervised parenting time with the defendant every other weekend,” Heller said.

The judge even accommodated the Easter holiday weekend switching weekends so that the children would spend it with their father and his family. Dulos is a Greek citizen...."

Will do some 'research' on this judge and her case history and report back if anything interesting is found. To me it sounds like the judge wanted this to be a nice and easy shared custody arrangement and it was as if the entire relationship history and multiple contempt of court actions by the STBX never happened. Reading some of these rulings is truly like taking a step into the TWILIGHT ZONE! Judges like this one seem to just be pushing paper across their desks with little to no consideration of the children and the former spouse. Pathetic IMO. MOO completely! I've now read over 150 documents and the entire file is filled with information being presented and rulings like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong