Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
A trust could be set up to go to the beneficiaries directly, he really may have thought that with JD out of the way he could manage the kids money as their only surviving parent. I am sure that Jennifer's family had it structured that he would have no access to her money or the kids inheritance. They already knew he was a gold digger.
If they are smart (and it appears they are) they did. We have our trusts set up to keep his parents out of it. Separate people have physical custody of our daughter in the event of our death and others are trustees of her trust with no crossover. It can get complicated but avoids the risk of gold digging family members getting control of the trust. JMO

Arrested for tampering with or fabricating physical evidence...cleaning up? getting rid of the weapon?
Possibly. It feels like a 'holding charge' basically something to keep them from fleeing. The court can demand he surrender his foreign passports and if he refuses he can be held without bail. So this may be a way of getting his foreign passports. JMO

He's in Bridgeport and she's in New Canaan.
Bet he'd love to trade places with her. :D

I’m sure he would!
I’m pretty sure it was Bridgeport that was recently voted the worst city to live in in Connecticut!

Before I retired as a psych nurse, I had worked as an out-patient case manager. The State facility I worked at is in Bridgeport.

Sometimes my patients would get arrested and I’d have to go visit them at the Bridgeport jail.

It is a far far far cry from the living conditions to which FD is accustomed. Dirty & smells of urine.

I had to go to Bridgeport court house with some patients. It also is not at all pleasant.

Lots of people that are a far far far cry from those with whom FD is accustomed to mingling!

MOO

What do you think the chances are that this horrific case that has now found its way onto the world stage will shed some light onto the way this family court has been operating and that things will change?
Nope, we've been saying for years there needs to be changes, but
it doesn't happen. Chalk up another needless death.

They need to work on her. Also, she's a mutt. imo.

Well. I would just leave it as she doesn't look like she's had a pampered life.

She is reported to have worked in UAE ( or Dubai?) as a horse trainer, as well as very active in water skiing. Likely also in Argentina. Horse training is a rough, tough business. There can be an awful lot of shady stuff that goes on when money is involved. This isn't generally the place for a woman who needs lots of spa visits and regular manicures.

It's interesting that his GF does not appear to be a woman of means. I might have expected he would go after a more affluent target.

What do you think the chances are that this horrific case that has now found its way onto the world stage will shed some light onto the way this family court has been operating and that things will change?
The optimist in me wishes that would be the case, but CT has a long and sorry history with it judiciary IMO and the system is set up to reward conformity of the judges and pushes for reform and change are always quashed. Nobody rocks the boat.

Wow. Glad they were arrested. Both looking really rough. She looks as mean as a snake. He looks like a deer in headlights.

Six little children whose entire lives have been upended due to these two greedy vermin. So sad!!

Hoping that Jennifer is located today. Cannot imagine what her family is going thru.

She is reported to have worked in UAE ( or Dubai?) as a horse trainer, as well as very active in water skiing. Likely also in Argentia. Horse training is a rough, tough business. There can be an awful lot of shady stuff that goes on when money is involved. This isn't generally the place for a woman who needs lots of spa visits and regular manicures.

It's interesting that his GF does not appear to be a woman of means. I might have expected he would go after a more affluent target.

He already had Jennifer's money. Maybe this was love. She was (I believe) married to someone with money prior, but not certain.

I’m sure he would!
I’m pretty sure it was Bridgeport that was recently voted the worst city to live in in Connecticut!

Before I retired as a psych nurse, I had worked as an out-patient case manager. The State facility I worked at is in Bridgeport.

Sometimes my patients would get arrested and I’d have to go visit them at the Bridgeport jail.

It is a far far far cry from the living conditions to which FD is accustomed. Dirty & smells of urine.

I had to go to Bridgeport court house with some patients. It also is not at all pleasant.

Lots of people that are a far far far cry from those with whom FD is accustomed to mingling!

MOO
OMG. You are a brave girl! I lived in CT for many years so am familiar with all the different towns. I totally get what you are saying. I have a feeling FD is shaking in his boots and feeling quite vulnerable.

She is reported to have worked in UAE ( or Dubai?) as a horse trainer, as well as very active in water skiing. Likely also in Argentia. Horse training is a rough, tough business. There can be an awful lot of shady stuff that goes on when money is involved. This isn't generally the place for a woman who needs lots of spa visits and regular manicures.

One of the early articles by Hartford Courant I believe delved a bit into her history. Her baby daddy is supposedly a wealthy man from Argentina. Her daughter also lived in Argentina for a period of time and only seemed to come to the US to go to school when the relationship with STBX started (STBX allegedly put mistress daughter in the same private school where his children previously went). I've not seen these comments about mistress repeated in other news outlets but I am sure it will all go public and the press are digging.

I’m sure he would!

Before I retired as a psych nurse, I had worked as an out-patient case manager. The State facility I worked at is in Bridgeport. Sometimes my patients would get arrested and I’d have to go visit them at the Bridgeport jail.

I had to go to Bridgeport court house with some patients. It also is not at all pleasant. Lots of people that are a far far far cry from those with whom FD is accustomed to mingling!

MOO

If he murdered his wife, then he is now with "his people," and his marriage was nothing more than a vacation from his people. He should feel right at home in a dirty jail.

BBM From this same article:

"The five Dulos children were set to spend Memorial Day Weekend with their father, according to a relaxed visitation schedule a judge issued in March."

(SBM...I wonder if the upcoming long weekend visit lead to an argument, especially since they were to be in court the next week about the divorce hearing, if I remember reading correctly. Maybe JD insisted on stipulations like no skiing, no girlfriend. When did his weekend time with them start? Friday after school or Saturday morning? I am curious about that and when did he know she was missing? So many questions!)

The same article said:

"In a March 20 ruling, Judge Donna Heller changed what had been extremely limited access to the children for Fotis Dulos, allowing him every-other-weekend visits to the home in Farmington where they grew up. The judge changed the schedule even though she previously had called Fotis Dulos “a liar who willingly ignored court orders” by allowing his girlfriend access to his five children, despite a court order explicitly ordering him not to do that.

After several contentious months of hearings, and with reports from therapists and a guardian ad litem, Heller ruled Fotis Dulos could have supervised visitation rights with his children that included having the kids every other weekend starting at the end of March. He was allowed to spend seven hours with the children in Fairfield County on Saturdays and six hours with them in Hartford County on Sundays, including at his Farmington home on Jefferson Crossing.

“The court finds it is in the children’s best interests that they have regular supervised parenting time with the defendant every other weekend,” Heller said.

The judge even accommodated the Easter holiday weekend switching weekends so that the children would spend it with their father and his family. Dulos is a Greek citizen...."

Who is it that supervises these visits, when he sees the children for 6 or 7 hours at a time? A social worker? Does he have to pay the person who supervises? Just curious to know how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77