Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to rumor JD has a sister and I can almost guarantee that the trust fund is set up so there is a neutral third party in charge of the trust. They could ask for a monthly stipend equivalent to child support as determined by the court (that is how we have ours set up) but most families with trusts have a lot of avenues to avoid one person having total control. JMO and IME

Thank you-I hope this is what Jennifer did.

I was thinking the same thing...it appears to me (by looking at Zillow), the only properties in Farmington listed over $1 million were his. Is this an area that can support multi-million dollar homes? I would think the Greenwich area would be where he wanted to be...

Farmington is a middle to upper class town there are several houses that go for that price range a lot of doctors lawyers people with high paying jobs tend to live in Farmington there’s also a middle class group of people who live in Farmington and the unionville section of Farmington.

Farmington is home to the prestigious mrs porters all girls private school

Not if she didn't have any money of her own or if it was a spur of the moment thing like "help me clean up". Or she could have been in on it. He is known to threaten violence. No idea if it would be true or not but it is a common 'defense' used by side pieces in similar cases. JMO.

Or MT may have been fed up with FD’s STBX and all the fussing and fighting, and problems “she caused”, etc.... that SHE may have thought up and instigated a plan herself to do away with Jennifer, convincing FD to go along with it!

MOO

Also, do we know this page was set up by a family member? Could have been set up by a concerned citizen/s. In any event, I have everything crossed that she will be found alive. May seem like a pipe dream to most but holding out hope for that for those kids of hers.

Its curious that its gone. While all the searching sadly seems to lead to the conclusion that they are searching for a body, the reality is that she could be alive and have been hidden. We will just have to wait, pray and see.

Or MT may have been fed up with FD’s STBX and all the fussing and fighting, and problems “she caused”, etc.... that SHE may have thought up and instigated a plan herself to do away with Jennifer, convincing FD to go along with it!

MOO

I thought about that too. Must have been frustrating to see all the money that Jennifer had and watch her "lover" struggle financially. I could see her being very resentful. Wondering if she submitted a DNA sample?

My guess is that he chose Farmington as it was alot less expensive to buy land in sizeable lots there vs Greenwich/lower Fairfield County. The cost to build and develop in lower Fairfield County is so much more expensive as the land cost is higher vs Hartford County. To answer your question about those houses and their market in Hartford I have to say that his houses are certainly higher end for that market. Hartford area has industry, insurance companies and healthcare, and govt. Not sure how many individuals in any given year in these industries would be in the market for a $2-4MM house. MOO. Maybe folks from Hartford could chime in and help.

New Canaan avg house price I believe is in the range of $1.2MM or so, Wilton $800-900M, Darien $1MM and Greenwich has areas where the avg price is over $2MM+. Will look for current stats when I get to a computer.
I also wondered if he intentionally wanted to be based a little
distance from the in laws. Somewhere I read that he was tired
of living/working in NYC.
The Farmington area is beautiful and the picturesque little village itself is
still quaint and historic. My sister has a home there that's like
300 yrs. old near the center of the village. All the charming, old
houses have the date they were built over the front door.
Lots of history there. Jackie Kennedy went to school at Miss Porter's right in the center of town. Serious old money there.
The locals don't go for the new McMansions, they live in the
older parts of the village and are more conservative in their home choices. Re-locating executives new to the area are more likely
to buy the bigger more ostentatious new homes like FD built.
That would be considered 'new money'.

You are correct in that the $100k would be only for defense of these specific charges, not murder.

Even if he doesn’t have cash, he has assets. Assets can be sold and depending on the ethical rules in CT, he may be able to give his attorneys liens on the properties as payment/security. My only point being, people do what they have to do to hire great counsel when their freedom/life is on the line. There is also the element of publicity so an up and coming attorney may take the case for less than he/she normally would for the free publicity (having the firm/attorney name in the press).

It’s not important tbh. I’m just curious as always about the legal representation here.
I bet he ends up with a public defender. MOO.

you'd be surprised at all the celebrities and wealthy people who
live in various unknown areas of Ct.
I lived there for 16 yrs. and still have family there and I know
some well known people who secretly have nice properties in
various areas of the state.
Heck even the rapper, 50Cent, just sold his mega million dollar
estate in Farmington, course it took several years for him to sell it. But why would a rapper want to be there, I don't know.
Didn't Mike Tyson buy some ridiculously gauche place in Farmington? Built by someone back in the 80's?

True about the money. But so far I have counted 5 CT judges that have been involved with this case and by all accounts at least until recently did very little to assist JD in her case. I have not yet counted all the professionals and court appointed individuals associated with this case but I will do this and post later. I think at a certain point when a system is as broken as is it in CT that the press has to intervene and 'start naming names' and discussing individual judges in the context of their decisions in court. Where is the accountability in the judiciary?

I don't see how the judiciary can be blamed in this case.

The system didn't fail Jennifer or her children, her husband and father failed them. I applaud the actions of the Nanny who wisely took the children to their grandmother and the LE multi-jurisdictional team who are working around the clock to bring JD home.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member