Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is half as smart as he thinks he is, untraceable burner phone or planned ahead so no phone. However, GPS is harder to deactivate on cars so that may be key. JMO

The fact that he is already in custody, and that law enforcement is searching very specific areas, makes me think that this whole thing was sloppy.

Couple that with the timing of the whole thing (daytime, small time window), and I’m leaning more towards a crime of passion.

That would mean no burner phone.

We’ll see.

Very sorry if this has been confirmed elsewhere in this thread but I’m a bit under the weather and am just trying to quickly confirm if there is a place I can easily access all public court docs from the divorce proceedings? I’d like to get a better sense for who these people were. Thanks in advance.

Yes and by that time of split JD was probably more than aware of
mistress.
FIL died Jan. Jan. 8, 2017
JD files for divorce and moves out July 2017.
Surely FIL had paperwork to secure loans, if not liens on homes.
MIL decides to get Probate or Trust Attys involved after hearing
JD's backstory on the marriage sham.
FD's financial world comes tumbling down.
I'm positive that as long as FIL was alive and his daughter was
still married and living as a family unit w/ FD, the FIL let slide
the financial agreements since the homes were not selling.
But all bets were off when JD came back to New Canaan and
now FD was a pariah in the family.

And once the FIL was deceased, FD didn't have to play the good son-in-law anymore in order to secure funding. He could make JD's life miserable and carry on openly with his girlfriend (imo). I don't think he would've acted this way before JD's dad died - because he wanted to keep FIL's money flowing to him.

My opinion only. Doesn't have to match opinion of others.

The fact that he is already in custody, and that law enforcement is searching very specific areas, makes me think that this whole thing was sloppy.

Couple that with the timing of the whole thing (daytime, small time window), and I’m leaning more towards a crime of passion.

That would mean no burner phone.

We’ll see.
I'm thinking it was planned. Very little window in her life to catch her alone, not in the presence of her children. Someone may have followed her home after she dropped the children at school.

I'm thinking it was planned. Very little window in her life to catch her alone, not in the presence of her children. Someone may have followed her home after she dropped the children at school.
I’m open to both possibilities.

If this was planned though, then he is spectacularly stupid.

You cannot commit a crime like this in the daytime, and not leave a massive trail of breadcrumbs.

Very sorry if this has been confirmed elsewhere in this thread but I’m a bit under the weather and am just trying to quickly confirm if there is a place I can easily access all public court docs from the divorce proceedings? I’d like to get a better sense for who these people were. Thanks in advance.
The short answer is no, not viewable online. For anyone interested in viewing the court docket, go to www.jud.ct.gov; this is a Family law case in Stamford, CT; docket number FST-FA17-5016797-S. Input either the case number or Dulos, Jennifer; or Dulos, Fotis. A new hearing in the case is scheduled for June 5, 2019.

If you want to read though you have to go to court file room and request the information. Its a process unfortunately. Also, a number of the documents are sealed and cannot be viewed.

Could he have had a life insurance policy on her she didn’t know about? Maybe he gave a down payment and promised the remainder once the policy paid out. Some hitmen might be stupid or desperate enough to take this deal...
I'm still not buying the hitman angle. Hitmen don't clean up or hide bodies. They make it look random, like a robbery or carjacking. I did wonder about the life insurance though, it wouldn't be the first time a man took one out, or possibly even had one left from when they were married? Esp if her family was a major source of income. JMO

Based on what we have seen JD mother has courage and energy for a good fight still left in her. My grandmother is 92 and avidly watching this case BTW and her words when I experessed concern about JD grandmother was to say the beauty of fighting at the age of 80+ is that you have zero to prove and zero to lose. She went on to say the she hopes JD mother drops an atom bomb on STBX in court tomorrow! Love my grandma!
Love this!

jmo

NYP update: https://nypost.com/2019/06/02/jennifer-dulos-estranged-husband-his-girlfriend-arrested/

Wonder about this from the article though: A pair of NYPD cops were spotted around 11:25 a.m. Sunday heading into Farber’s building, staying for about 5 minutes.

Could this have been about the arrest or something different IDK?
From the article:
“sickening revenge fantasies” against those who crossed him, Jennifer claimed in her divorce petition.

Very telling. I believe her words are true.
MOO.

I'm still not buying the hitman angle. Hitmen don't clean up or hide bodies. They make it look random, like a robbery or carjacking. I did wonder about the life insurance though, it wouldn't be the first time a man took one out, or possibly even had one left from when they were married? Esp if her family was a major source of income. JMO
And he’s been charged with tampering with physical evidence.

You don’t hire a hitman (the purpose of which is to mask your connection to the crime), and then put yourself right at the crime scene.

That defeats the purpose.

Thank you afitzy! I’ve gone to the ct.gov page specific to their divorce but saw docs are not available so was wondering if we had what has been made avail somewhere central. Appreciate your confirming and sharing process to get. Thank you again!
The short answer is no, not viewable online. For anyone interested in viewing the court docket, go to www.jud.ct.gov; this is a Family law case in Stamford, CT; docket number FST-FA17-5016797-S. Input either the case number or Dulos, Jennifer; or Dulos, Fotis. A new hearing in the case is scheduled for June 5, 2019.

If you want to read though you have to go to court file room and request the information. Its a process unfortunately. Also, a number of the documents are sealed and cannot be viewed.[/QUO

If you want to read though you have to go to court file room and request the information. Its a process unfortunately. Also, a number of the documents are sealed and cannot be viewed.

I don’t think you can take a life insurance policy out on someone without their knowledge (anymore). Maybe someone more well-versed in insurance can weigh in here.

He could have forged her name or it was one he had from when they were together. Heck, the more I think about itx maybe they both have life insurance to care for the kids in the event of one or both of them passing away.

In my state insurance policies cannot be cancelled or changed except to increase coverage during divorce proceedings, no matter the sort of insurance, so it may be that he knew she had a huge policy because they signed up together.

A fat life insurance payout would surely solve a lot of his financial issues.

Oh, I’m sure that the money will magically appear now.

It’s amazing how that tends to happen.
In some states like mine assets are frozen at filing of divorce - he may not have any access to legitimate money which leaves the possibility of him using an attorney to get to his $ he possibly was hiding IMO

I’m convinced that was the case.

She returned from dropping her kids off at school, and was confronted by a waiting killer.
I see three possibilities: After the school drop off someone was in the house, or used a ruse to get in the house when she was there, or forced her into the house from the drive way.

Thank you afitzy! I’ve gone to the ct.gov page specific to their divorce but saw docs are not available so was wondering if we had what has been made avail somewhere central. Appreciate your confirming and sharing process to get. Thank you again!
Haven't been to the CT site since last week. Wonder if they took it down when all the press started swarming the case. Some of the press have put up redacted documents but not in any volume unfortunately. Personally for the sake of the children I'm not sure the press putting these documents out on the internet is the best idea. But JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks