Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not buying the hitman angle. Hitmen don't clean up or hide bodies. They make it look random, like a robbery or carjacking. I did wonder about the life insurance though, it wouldn't be the first time a man took one out, or possibly even had one left from when they were married? Esp if her family was a major source of income. JMO

Yeah, good point on the hitman not hiding a body. But I’m definitely thinking he thought he could escape the country with the kids or just wouldn’t be caught. I believe he thought he could have full custody of the kids in order to cash in on any life insurance (even if he wasn’t the beneficiary) or inheritance they might have coming. It is HIGHLY likely these two are well insured and that the policies had to stay in effect during the divorce. He may not be the beneficiary anymore but the kids probably would be.

Thank you afitzy! I’ve gone to the ct.gov page specific to their divorce but saw docs are not available so was wondering if we had what has been made avail somewhere central. Appreciate your confirming and sharing process to get. Thank you again!
We have a media thread for her many of the divorce documents have been posted by media outlets and are there for the viewing

This is how I think it could have happened.

FD either planned in advance to kill his wife, or he went there intent on confronting her.

His lady friend dropped him off, and he had a way to enter the house.

He knew when JD would be returning home, as she kept a regular schedule.

He killed her, cleaned up, loaded her body into her own vehicle, and dumped her body before dumping her vehicle.

He then called for a ride.

Cell phones and cameras will tell the story, if that is the case.

The page for divorce proceedings is still up and just noticed this in JDs Mother’s lawsuit against FD
Haven't been to the CT site since last week. Wonder if they took it down when all the press started swarming the case. Some of the press have put up redacted documents but not in any volume unfortunately. Personally for the sake of the children I'm not sure the press putting these documents out on the internet is the best idea. But JMO.

Attachments

• DocumentInquiry.pdf
    328 KB · Views: 71
They had a court date the following week and she filed a motion that the judge granted stating that he had to supply all financials for his business. He had been deceitful with previous records. I’m thinking (possibly) he may have been doing some shady business dealings.
That could certain add to motive. She's gone, divorce proceedings stop, he doesn't have to disclose financials. There are plenty of reasons he would want her gone but it seems the straw that broke the camel's back was her filing about his financials early May. JMO

He could have forged her name or it was one he had from when they were together. Heck, the more I think about itx maybe they both have life insurance to care for the kids in the event of one or both of them passing away.

In my state insurance policies cannot be cancelled or changed except to increase coverage during divorce proceedings, no matter the sort of insurance, so it may be that he knew she had a huge policy because they signed up together.

A fat life insurance payout would surely solve a lot of his financial issues.
My state passed a law that an ex can’t benefit even if the former spouse forgot to change it - however they are not divorced and still married in CT I am curious if CT recognizes legal separation as my state does not JMO

We have a media thread for her many of the divorce documents have been posted by media outlets and are there for the viewing

Thanks can you point me to where that is. Haven’t been on ws for awhile and forgot.

This is how I think it could have happened.

FD either planned in advance to kill his wife, or he went there intent on confronting her.

His lady friend dropped him off, and he had a way to enter the house.

He knew when JD would be returning home, as she kept a regular schedule.

He killed her, cleaned up, loaded her body into her own vehicle, and dumped her body before dumping her vehicle.

He then called for a ride.

Cell phones and cameras will tell the story, if that is the case.
If he was dropped off then it was planned. The decent clean up (housekeeper didn't notice blood) also makes me think it was planned. JMO.

Here is a link about how life insurance is considered during a divorce in CT. They would not be allowed to cancel the policy or change the beneficiary once it was filed. I wouldn’t be surprised if she had a LOT of insurance since like someone said above her family was a source of income that he needed.

https://piazzafamilylawyers.com/life-insurance-policies-connecticut-divorce/

From above article:
In a March 20 ruling, Judge Donna Heller changed what had been extremely limited access to the children for Fotis Dulos, allowing him every-other-weekend visits to the home in Farmington where they grew up. The judge changed the schedule even though she previously had called Fotis Dulos “a liar who willingly ignored court orders” by allowing his girlfriend access to his five children, despite a court order explicitly ordering him not to do that.

Here is the bio of Judge Heller who has, "...extensive commercial litigation experience, particularly in cases involving complex contract disputes, corporate governance issues, business torts, unfair trade practices and financial fraud". No mention of family law that I can see. Interesting why she was tapped for the JD/STBX case and why she reversed a decision made by a judge that has a long and distinguished career in family law? All I can say is that WE see you Judge Heller!

Malloy Taps Riverside Woman as Judge

Last edited:
IMO, this is important:
“Fotis Dulos also stated that his wife called him a psychopath and told the children that he does not care about them. In addition, Fotis Dulos claimed that his wife said to the children, "I will make sure this divorce takes two and a half years," and "I can have the Mafia break your dad's legs with a baseball bat."”

He HATED her rich father...

She KNEW he was a psychopath. She documented his abuse and said he is capable of hurting her. WHY was JD not protected???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member