Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additional criminal charges are expected as the investigation continues. More details in the case are also expected to emerge Monday
Aug 24? Body has been found? Who the h$#l wrote this?? No wonder people get confused. Reporting these days is awful. I guess there is no such thing as an editor anymore.

Someone theorized that he got inside the house because one of the older children gave him the code. A lot houses have codes now instead of keys. He would have needed an alarm code, too.
Or, even simpler - maybe she let him inside. She didn't have a restraining order that I could see from the court records. Maybe he was acting nice and she let her guard down. It happens all the time. I feel like maybe she was more worried he would take the kids out of the country than actually physically hurt her. Those motions where she spoke about worrying for her safety were filed two years ago. Maybe a part of her thought his aggressiveness was all talk.

I do think the thing that triggered him was her shining a light on his sketchy finances recently.

All opinions.

Also, since his visitation was limited to supervised, the school was probably told he could not pick them up. When she didn't get them from school, the school probably called the nanny. Not sure now it's done in other states, but I'm in CT and that's how it's done here.

If the nanny picked them up from school and brought them to New York City, what car did she use, her own? It isn't very likely that a nanny is owning and driving a big SUV, is it? If she used her own car, how did she get five children into the car with enough seat belts to go around (excuse the pun)? How long after she picked them up from school did she leave for NYC and did she leave straight away or go back to the house to pack some things.

If the nanny picked them up from school and brought them to New York City, what car did she use, her own? It isn't very likely that a nanny is owning and driving a big SUV, is it? If she used her own car, how did she get five children into the car with enough seat belts to go around (excuse the pun)? How long after she picked them up from school did she leave for NYC and did she leave straight away or go back to the house to pack some things.

I was wondering about the logistics of this, too.

I think the nanny was heroic in this situation. She picked up five children and whisked them off to NYC and the entire ride down would have/could have been a nightmare of conversation and questions from why? to wheres mommy? to are we going to school tomorrow? There could have been tears and confusion.
Who recognized so early in this scenario that this move to NYC was of paramount importance? The nanny? the friends?

I think the nanny was heroic in this situation. She picked up five children and whisked them off to NYC and the entire ride down would have/could have been a nightmare of conversation and questions from why? to wheres mommy? to are we going to school tomorrow? There could have been tears and confusion.
Who recognized so early in this scenario that this move to NYC was of paramount importance? The nanny? the friends?
Her friends reported her missing at 7 pm or so yet nanny knew to take them to NYC rather than home - JD missed two appointments (11am and 1 or 2pm iirc) so nanny may have been planned to pick them up because she would be at the afternoon appt- but what made her take them to her moms rather than home? We know her cell was not used and no credit cards - did she not respond to nanny’s attempts to contact her and that made her go to NYC? I don’t know but suspect there was a plan in place JMO also I think Nanny had a car that easily held all children probably paid for by JD MOO

Also, since his visitation was limited to supervised, the school was probably told he could not pick them up. When she didn't get them from school, the school probably called the nanny. Not sure now it's done in other states, but I'm in CT and that's how it's done here.
I was just going to ask a question about this. I've read that the visitation changed in some capacity recently, but I am not sure of the details. Was he to have supervised time over Memorial Day weekend? I believe he thought he would get the kids on Friday when she didn't show up, and then get out of town with them. I am not sure, though, how he could plan this if he was being supervised.

Not sure if all schools public or private in CT had a half day that Friday but my son did
Maybe the nanny picked them up took them home and saw something amiss couldn’t reach JD and called Grandma
And JD has 3 cars in her name maybe the nanny drove the Range Rover

Last edited:
With her concerns about him abducting them, and his visitation being limited to Saturday and Sunday only, the school would have on file that they cannot be picked up by him.

When you enroll kids in school, you list the names and phone numbers of who to call in an emergency. So if I am delayed by more than a few minutes in getting my kids, my kids would be held in the school office. The school would call me first, and if I didn't answer, then they would call anyone on file that I specified could pick them up in an emergency. In this case, the nanny.

On file there is also a space where you can list who is NOT allowed to get the kids. You have to provide court orders in a divorce. JD would just need to provide the court order where he has supervised visitation on the weekends. Maybe he thought he would be picking them up, but I'm sure she was smart enough to make sure that couldn't happen.

I was just going to ask a question about this. I've read that the visitation changed in some capacity recently, but I am not sure of the details. Was he to have supervised time over Memorial Day weekend? I believe he thought he would get the kids on Friday when she didn't show up, and then get out of town with them. I am not sure, though, how he could plan this if he was being supervised.

She would need to seat six people. My car is tiny and seats 5. No boosters would be needed since the kids are over age 8. In an emergency, she could have just squeezed 4 into the backseat (two in one seat belt), which is how I traveled everywhere in the 80s.

It would be tight, but I could transport 5 kids in my tiny car if I needed to.

I think FD was feeling the pressure of everything and went to JD’s New Cannan rental having knowledge of one sure thing on her schedule... the time she left to bring the kids to school. He might’ve already been there before she left to bring kids to school. Most people park the cars in the garage overnight not during the day...( as a SAHM you’re always on the run doing errands.) The moment she backed out of the garage and hit the garage button, he entered before the garage shut. When she came back, he was already in the house waiting for her. Garage is an easy point of entry. Maybe he hit her with some object first to knock her out (causing the detected blood spray) so he could restrain her. One thing I feel sure about is JDs car was planted at Waverny Park to misguide LE/searchers and create a backdrop of a mom lost or abducted while running which she was known to do according to her blog.

Maybe she had JD's mom's number, and called her and asked what to do with the kids.

If my divorce was contentious and I was leaving my kids with a sitter, the sitter would have my best friend's number and my mom's number.

Her friends reported her missing at 7 pm or so yet nanny knew to take them to NYC rather than home - JD missed two appointments (11am and 1 or 2pm iirc) so nanny may have been planned to pick them up because she would be at the afternoon appt- but what made her take them to her moms rather than home? We know her cell was not used and no credit cards - did she not respond to nanny’s attempts to contact her and that made her go to NYC? I don’t know but suspect there was a plan in place JMO also I think Nanny had a car that easily held all children probably paid for by JD MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member