GUILTY MO - Illinois man accused of pushing wife to her death after baseball game at Busch Stadium parking garage, June 2019

Knox

Reaction score
St. Louis Police say they were called to the Stadium East Parking Garage near Busch Stadium around 1:45 a.m. Sunday.

When officers arrived, they found Bradley Jenkins covered in blood, straddling the body of 27-year-old Allissa L. Martin.

Police reported the 30-year-old Jenkins appeared to be agitated and intoxicated.

Martin's cell phone was found on the 7th floor of the parking garage above where her body was discovered on the concrete pavement. Police say her phone was still recording when they found it.
https://kutv.com/news/nation-world/...xb0qUGSiN6fsIfkR-D-U_gd3_OAaDwh4uUriW29MzVx4w

speechless: Woman falls to death from St. Louis parking garage; new husband charged with assault

"The recording showed her pointing the camera toward herself," Detective Mark West wrote in a probable cause statement. "She then turned the camera toward this defendant and he was shown on camera. They were arguing."

Martin can be heard on the recording yelling at Jenkins to stop punching her face, charges say. She then dropped the phone.

"Shortly after that, you hear her scream as she falls," West wrote.

Jenkins told police he and Martin were married May 22 in Las Vegas, charges said. He told police their coworkers had accompanied them to the Cardinals-Cubs game at Busch Stadium and that they had argued during the game.

Their facebook pages were still up when I looked earlier today, but it seems someone closed them now? Looked like such a happy couple. He has four kids from a previous relationship, poor little guys. What could have went so wrong?! Jenkins looks like he lifts weights, I wonder if this had an element of "roid rage"?

speechless: Woman falls to death from St. Louis parking garage; new husband charged with assault

"The recording showed her pointing the camera toward herself," Detective Mark West wrote in a probable cause statement. "She then turned the camera toward this defendant and he was shown on camera. They were arguing."

Martin can be heard on the recording yelling at Jenkins to stop punching her face, charges say. She then dropped the phone.

"Shortly after that, you hear her scream as she falls," West wrote.

Jenkins told police he and Martin were married May 22 in Las Vegas, charges said. He told police their coworkers had accompanied them to the Cardinals-Cubs game at Busch Stadium and that they had argued during the game.

Holy mackerel, they’d been married only 10 or 11 days when he murdered her?! I am curious about the circumstances surrounding those Vegas nuptials—was it a just done on a lark, and maybe one or both didn’t realize it was legally binding (and subsequently wanted to dissolve the union)? Or was it a volatile relationship, in general?

Their facebook pages were still up when I looked earlier today, but it seems someone closed them now? Looked like such a happy couple. He has four kids from a previous relationship, poor little guys. What could have went so wrong?! Jenkins looks like he lifts weights, I wonder if this had an element of "roid rage"?

seems about right IMO

This case makes me so sad. Taylorville is just a 20 minute drive down the road from me and it's a small community that suffered a tornado earlier this year. Everyone knows everyone and it's tightknit. I feel badly for them going through this now on top of that. I don't know Allissa or Brad but we share some common FB friends.

Seems like they had been a couple for a few years and only recently got married just a week before her death. I agree with knox's line of thinking. I lean toward roid rage.

Case dismissed against husband in woman’s fatal fall from downtown parking garage

“The City Circuit Court requires an indictment within 90 days after charging a case,” Circuit Attorney Spokeswoman Susan Ryan sent in a statement to News 4. “Unfortunately, we are still awaiting evidence from police and the medical examiner that are required for the Grand Jury to decide this case.”

Ryan said the Circuit Attorney’s Office plans to refile the charges once the necessary evidence is received.

ST. LOUIS, Ill. (WCIA) — After nearly three years, the case of the death of Allissa Martin is picking back up.
[snip]
Prosecutors refiled charges against Jenkins, a 30-year-old man from Taylorville, on April 19.

The U.S. Marshalls arrested Jenkins in Taylorville after the charges were refiled. He was taken to the Christian County Jail on Tuesday, April 26, he was moved to St. Louis on Thursday, April 28.

Jenkins appeared in court in St. Louis Friday, April 29, where he was granted a $5,000 bond. He posted bail and was released from the jail in St. Louis.

Jenkins is facing the same charge from 2019 – Third Degree Felony Domestic Assault.
Charges against Bradley Jenkins refiled 3 years after wife's deadly fall

The refiling comes 2 1/2 years after prosecutors initially dropped charges against the Taylorville resident because they needed more evidence.
[snip]
Jenkins must turn over his passport to authorities and is barred from contacting Martin's relatives. He is due back in court on May 6.
Charge refiled against Taylorville man nearly 3 years after wife's fatal fall

So no additional charges, just the one that was dropped 2/5 years back. No mention of new evidence either. Only thing different that I can tell is it's a new administration/prosecution team. Still hoping to see more charges eventually. I personally feel this was straight out murder. dude has a rep around these parts. JMO

ST. LOUIS, Ill. (WCIA) — After nearly three years, the case of the death of Allissa Martin is picking back up.
[snip]
Prosecutors refiled charges against Jenkins, a 30-year-old man from Taylorville, on April 19.

The U.S. Marshalls arrested Jenkins in Taylorville after the charges were refiled. He was taken to the Christian County Jail on Tuesday, April 26, he was moved to St. Louis on Thursday, April 28.

Jenkins appeared in court in St. Louis Friday, April 29, where he was granted a $5,000 bond. He posted bail and was released from the jail in St. Louis.

Jenkins is facing the same charge from 2019 – Third Degree Felony Domestic Assault.

The refiling comes 2 1/2 years after prosecutors initially dropped charges against the Taylorville resident because they needed more evidence.
[snip]
Jenkins must turn over his passport to authorities and is barred from contacting Martin's relatives. He is due back in court on May 6.

So no additional charges, just the one that was dropped 2/5 years back. No mention of new evidence either. Only thing different that I can tell is it's a new administration/prosecution team. Still hoping to see more charges eventually. I personally feel this was straight out murder. dude has a rep around these parts. JMO

Sad they waited so long, then refiled the same charges. Its not enough, from evidence publicly known. JMO

[snip]

[snip]

While reading your article, all I could think of was Barry Morphew.

Happy for Allissa's family. It's been a long wait. Perhaps more charges will come after he's indicted?

ST.LOUIS (AP) — A newlywed prison guard was sentenced Tuesday to probation after his wife recorded a fight that ended with her being found dead at the bottom of a parking garage near the stadium where the St. Louis Cardinals play.

Bradley Jenkins, of Taylorville, of Illinois, was initially charged with third-degree felony domestic assault after 27-year-old Allissa Martin’s 2019 death. Court documents say a video taken on Martin’s phone recorded Martin yelling at Jenkins to stop punching her in the face before she dropped the phone. Jenkins was a lieutenant for the Illinois Department of Corrections at the time.

But after a grand jury declined to indict him, he was recharged with a lesser count of misdemeanor assault. He pleaded guilty to that charge before he was sentenced, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.
Taylorville man sentenced to probation after wife recorded fight that ended with her found dead near Busch Stadium

very disappointing. hoping Allisa's family is more successful in their civil suit against him. :(
------------------------------------------
"The recording showed her pointing the camera toward herself," Detective Mark West wrote in a probable cause statement at the time. "She then turned the camera toward this defendant and he was shown on camera. They were arguing."

She then dropped the phone. "Shortly after that, you hear her scream as she falls," West wrote.

When police arrived, Jenkins was straddling Martin's body and "appeared to be intoxicated," according to court documents. He was covered in blood, CBS affiliate KMOV reported.
Man sentenced to probation after his newlywed wife recorded fight that ended with her being found dead near Busch Stadium

ST. LOUIS — An Illinois man was sentenced to two years of probation after taking a plea deal on charges related to his wife's fatal fall from a downtown St. Louis parking garage in 2019.
Bradley Jenkins, 35, of Taylorville, pleaded guilty Tuesday in St. Louis Circuit Court to misdemeanor domestic assault, reduced from third-degree felony domestic assault. The plea deal cancels a jury trial that was scheduled for next week.
Man sentenced to probation in wife's fatal fall from St. Louis parking garage

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back