Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So having degrees from two "prestigious universities" makes someone somehow more moral and more entitled to bail?

This is a problem in our country. Someone who has the funds to get into or attend college at all, let alone an expensive one, should not be at an advantage when it comes to bail. And while the judge denied his request for a reduction, the fact that the lawyer even mentioned it as a factor in entitling the guy to a lower bail shows that privilege exists.

COURT APPEARANCE: Fotis Dulos faces judge

And we don’t have any info yet regarding the suv captured on video anywhere / I think they are holding this for the arrest warrant IMO
Its interesting though that the residents are being asked for CCTV footage now vs last week. Its hard to know for sure but it looks like they are interested in roads that lead to either entrance to the Merritt (Rt. 123 or South Ave.).

It makes sense, but hiding it on 5 acres an hour away seems like a great idea when you're stupid enough to think you won't get caught. I don't think we know which car they hypothetically brought with them to NC. They've confiscated FD's vehicle, but I'm not sure if there were other options for them. It's highly unlikely they used her vehicle since you would have to move the body not only again, but in a public place in the middle of the day.

I wonder if they drove around more remote parts of the area in the Ford Raptor and dumped JD's body somewhere off the beaten path, far away from the current search areas. Perhaps he left his phone at one of the houses in order to do this, so LE wouldn't think they went anywhere else besides the presently known locations.

Hmmm...wonder why FD isn’t posting bail. He mouths to his attorney that that is his intention at end of his bail hearing. Do any lawyers or others know why an attorney would reco their client not post bail, and stay in prison?

An attorney would not recommend he not post bail and there's nothing to suggest that his attorney did. I think the guy can't post bail right now even though at the hearing he either thought he could or pretended that he could.

We already know he's a dummy. He's probably a spoiled brat too and thinks his family, if they exist, will do it immediately.

@otto, my bet on the SUV being found is later possibly closer to 8-9 pm and even possibly later. Assuming 2 NCPD/1 car go to JD house on initial call and then call for assistance at the JD house based on what they see, I'm not sure how many personnel would be available on shift to go out and search the area to find the SUV?

There was alot going on initially at JD house as NCPD had to first gain access to the house via the nanny, then process the JD house, find the blood etc. and during this period they called in the State Police. It sounded like the grandmother had to be called to gain access to JD house and gave ok for nanny to let the police into house. This all took time and police resources IMO.

NCPD isn't a large department (town of 19,000) and it might have taken time for the State Police to mobilize and send in more than a few cars to assist in the search. The SUV was found 3 miles from JD house so maybe when additional resources from State Police arrived to help that a search radius was defined and the JD SUV was found.
@otto. Here is link to NCPD personnel roster. New Canaan Police | Personnel - 43 police staff

If JD's vehicle was left at the park around noon, and if her body is not on her property, then this is my #2 theory. If he did take the body back with him, he probably waited until dark to do the remainder of his dirty work. Hopefully, he left his cell phone on. MOO.
IMO, after the brutal attack and cleanup, FD left JD’s NC home with JD possibly following MT as she drove JDs vehicle to the park. MT could pass for JD with a hat and sunglasses and jog away leaving JDs vehicle to later be discovered while jogging away also disposed of the cellphone. Then MT meets up with FD along the perimeter of the park or a little further away.

So having degrees from two "prestigious universities" makes someone somehow more moral and more entitled to bail?

This is a problem in our country. Someone who has the funds to get into or attend college at all, let alone an expensive one, should not be at an advantage when it comes to bail. And while the judge denied his request for a reduction, the fact that the lawyer even mentioned it as a factor in entitling the guy to a lower bail shows that privilege exists.

Yes, what matters is the nature of the crime that was committed. Who cares about your pedigree!?

This is why we are seeing efforts at bail reform.

Also, I’ve just realized that I’ve parroted atleast two of your posts from earlier today. I need to read before I write.

Now, MT's involvement, will be interesting.
Could it be as extensive, as KK assisting PF, in the case here on Websleuths re Kelsey Berreth?
Another crooked pair.

MOO.
RSABBM:

In a word: Yes. I think it could be just as extensive.

With what we know so far, this case to me eerily mirrors the Berreth case, up to and including the level of involvement of the respective side pieces.

In the Berreth case, KK had foreknowledge of the murder plot.
It wouldn't surprise me if MT knew in advance of FD's plans to harm JD, either.

This side piece may also have doubled as a cleaning lady for FD, although whoever attempted to clean up at the scene appears to have done a really perfunctory job. Then again, neither FD or the side piece likely have much experience rolling up their sleeves and putting their elbow grease into the housework.

Unlike PF in the Berreth case, though, I think FD wanted to be the one to do the actual evil deed.
I don't think he solicited MT to commit the murder itself.
This loser's all about proving his "manhood."
In his evil, twisted mind, violently and viciously killing JD would accomplish that end.
What a man.
Sicko.

It is devoutly to be hoped that MT does not receive any sweetie beauty of a deal like we saw KK get in the Berreth case. Having said that, if she can lead LE directly to JD's remains, I think we'll see some type of deal materialize.

Should MT be in huge trouble and facing hard prison time? You betcha'.

Is she, though?
I dunno.

JMO.

Clear situation where the lawyers and court system failed this family! They had all the information then needed to know that this murder was a real possibility, and still failed to protect the children from the loss of both parents.
Snipped and BBM

Please don’t crucify me. To be clear, I HATE lawyers more than anyone because they shame my profession, a profession that I worked very hard for!

But, the lawyers were not enlisted to help “the family.” I think it’s a tiny bit unfair to put a tragic horrific ending to a very contentious custody and divorce fight on the lawyers. A lawyer’s job is to advocate and fight for his/her client. Period. Of course there are lines that should not be crossed and it can be a very tight rope to walk. But FD’s lawyers fighting for him to have additional time with his kids or even for joint custody means they were doing their jobs. Sorry, just had to say that.

She may have felt this way, but his previous behavior is very important.

He was known for being a hothead, and Jennifer was clear in those divorce records that he was dangerous.

He probably didn’t require any coaxing.
He likely didn't require coaxing, but he had coaxing, imo. I think they were partners in crime. jmo.

JMOpinion

Ok - You’ve convinced me. Kinda!
But I still think MT thought a lot about ways to get rid of Jennifer and jumped at the chance to help out if & when FD suggested it.
If FD is a sociopath, he likely has charm. He easily could've convinced MT he had a perfect plan, causing her to go along with it. I think it's likely she was driving around while he committed the murder. Instead of his "perfect plan," his rage got the better of him and he bungled the whole thing. JMO.

Summerskye1 said:
Who on earth thinks it’s clever to leave blood evidence in 30 different receptacles on a 4 mile stretch instead of in one single container?!

Lol. "This will make it harder to find!"

No, idiots. This will create 30 chances of finding the evidence, instead of one!

I love it.

The man is a genius!! Thank goodness for that, huh?! :rolleyes:

If JD's vehicle was left at the park around noon, and if her body is not on her property, then this is my #2 theory. If he did take the body back with him, he probably waited until dark to do the remainder of his dirty work. Hopefully, he left his cell phone on. MOO.
My issue with her body being in his truck is this: They have his truck. Wouldn't her blood and DNA in the truck be enough to hold them longer? Obviously, they're likely waiting until they find the body to press murder charges, but it seems likely to be they may have used a vehicle that wasn't his truck that morning. I just don't know if he has more than one vehicle or MT has one (although I feel like I remember mention of a white pickup that may belong to her). JMO.

Snipped and BBM

Please don’t crucify me. To be clear, I HATE ******* lawyers more than anyone because they shame my profession, a profession that I worked very hard for!

But, the lawyers were not enlisted to help “the family.” I think it’s a tiny bit unfair to put a tragic horrific ending to a very contentious custody and divorce fight on the lawyers. A lawyer’s job is to advocate and fight for his/her client. Period. Of course there are lines that should not be crossed and it can be a very tight rope to walk. But FD’s lawyers fighting for him to have additional time with his kids or even for joint custody means they were doing their jobs. Sorry, just had to say that.
I agree I think it’s the judge that’s the problem IMO this is not a new thing I know of a divorce case going on 5 years litigation with young children and a foreclosure and custody transfers take place at the police station it’s so bad - this happens all the time IMO when do you know it will escalate to murder ? Sadly you can’t predict with accuracy but I think they should error on the side of caution MOO

Exactly. I just saw Napolitano on Fox News disagreeing with the low amount of bail and no murder charge. Napolitano said he believed there was enough evidence to convict him of murder and deny bail. He also said if there was no murder conviction, he’d set the bail as if there was anyway. The criminal justice system needs to be reformed because it’s appalling. An Ivy League education does not = morality.

Its interesting though that the residents are being asked for CCTV footage now vs last week. Its hard to know for sure but it looks like they are interested in roads that lead to either entrance to the Merritt (Rt. 123 or South Ave.).
This is another reason I think they may have used a vehicle that wasn't the Raptor. Figuring out what that vehicle was might be the reason they're trying to watch tape now. They might have found no evidence of JD in his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck