Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely agreed. My ex and I are still family. And even if we weren't it's a choice whether you want to set aside anger and emotion and do the right thing, or not.
Exactly. My ex’s family would take me in in a heartbeat. The divorce wasn’t about who we are as people. It’s clearly a choice. Probably off topic for this mess.

An interesting POV, but in this case the various judges had a certain level of consistency in how they were treating visitation from FD with the children.

Visitation evolved to the point where it was supervised and highly limited. Initially phone calls were permitted and then this evolved to calls on a speaker phone only and then phone calls were eliminated after an incident with one of the children.

THEN a new judge enters the scene and seems to reverse all this and permit FD to take the children unsupervised as far as I can tell for the 2 days over Memorial Day weekend. It took JD nearly 2 years of hard slogging in court to get the visitation issue buttoned up and then enter Judge Heller and everything changed. My bet is that JD was not only fearful for her safety but hugely angry about what had happened.

My question is why did the Judge reverse nearly 2 years of rulings on visitation? She made a vague statement about the importance of children seeing their father etc. But frankly such statements in light of what the court knew and we are beginning to learn about FD are irrelevant IMO. It is also baffling to me that the one weekend where he was finally able to take the children unsupervised it now looks like he and his mistress did away with JD? This leads me to question what, if any commitment he had to the children? I'm still trying to understand what kicked off the events at JD house. Was this premeditated around the fact that he would have the children for 2 days or was this an explosion of anger that resulted after some argument/discussion with JD etc.?
I think there definitely was an escalation involved - custody and all IMO

If he was in NC committing the murder, he lives 1+ hour away. That evening, FD and MT were on camera throwing 30 bags of evidence in trashes around Hartford, which is still about an hour away from NC.
FWIW kids used to go to Renbrook School when they were living in Farmington. That school is in West Hartford. It’s a plausible midway point/place he knows well.

I’d go there cause I’m local but it’s dangerous and I’m a big baby
I used to work in the area years ago at Hartford Golf Club. They may have been members at some point since there was a vigil there this weekend.

This area literally goes from wealthy AF to poverty once you cross from West Hartford (where the golf club actually is) to Hartford. If they were members, FD knew this and likely was at least vaguely familiar with the area.

I'll try to see if I can find what street they're referencing. Four miles seems huge for that area, especially based on where I heard LE actually was Friday night.

Exactly. I just saw Napolitano on Fox News disagreeing with the low amount of bail and no murder charge. Napolitano said he believed there was enough evidence to convict him of murder and deny bail. He also said if there was no murder conviction, he’d set the bail as if there was anyway. The criminal justice system needs to be reformed because it’s appalling. An Ivy League education does not = morality.

Well to be fair, he's not prosecuting this case and frankly I think he's being a blowhard. It's a no body case. And it's hard to determine, without a confession or other info whether it's murder, per CT law, or manslaughter.

There is a reason they've charged them with what they have. I believe it is to pressure the woman into talking.

The judge did not reduce the bail as requested. The bail amount is very high, apparently, for those charges, typically. So it was actually set with future homicide charges in mind.

Otherwise, we are in agreement!!!

This brings up something I've been wondering: Has he offered an alibi at all?

He has refused to cooperate at all. He handed over his phone and submitted to DNA testing without comment, and while accompanied by his attorney and then went home.

So I think he's remained solidly silent about everything. But I don't know!!

Last edited:
Nope. Not the judge's fault. She did err on the side of caution. He had a very restrictive visitation order. Supervised by a professional and no overnights.

And previously, when Jennifer asked for a restraining order, there was not enough information to determine he was a danger. Not when you see the volume of cases that are exactly like this one that never end in tragedy.

Regardless, no order that judge could have issued would have prevented him from murdering his ex.
I am not sure what period of time you are referring but its not the time around the JD disappearance. You are so far as I can tell describing the visitation arrangements prior to the Judge allowing the Memorial Day weekend 2 day unsupervised visit.

I actually just mentioned that they MAY have been familiar with the golf club in West Hartford, which is probably a mile from that area of Hartford.
I think he definitely knows where he’s going and/or had scoped it out before. If the kids went to school in WH for a decent period of time (oldest were 11 at the time of the move to NC) he would have ample time to know every route in and out of the area.

Regarding the clothing. Its entirely possible it is hers, or even the kids. If she was attacked in the garage, which seems to be the case, and if they were caught off guard then they would have likely used anything handy to clean up the blood. Aside from garbage bags, and rags and sponges both of which would be common garage items, I store my clothes and my daugther's clothes (and my husband's) in a box in the garage until I get enough boxes to bother to take them to the thrift store or call for them to pick them up. It doesn't have to be something she was wearing. JMO

I used to work in the area years ago at Hartford Golf Club. They may have been members at some point since there was a vigil there this weekend.

This area literally goes from wealthy AF to poverty once you cross from West Hartford (where the golf club actually is) to Hartford. If they were members, FD knew this and likely was at least vaguely familiar with the area.

I'll try to see if I can find what street they're referencing. Four miles seems huge for that area, especially based on where I heard LE actually was Friday night.
Its interesting you bring up the Hartford Golf Club. I wonder if it was searched as it no doubt has water and woods? Does anyone local know?

Well to be fair, he's not prosecuting this case and frankly I think he's being a blowhard. It's a no body case. And it's hard to determine, without a confession or other info whether it's murder, per CT law, or manslaughter.

There is a reason they've charged them with what they have. I believe it is to pressure the woman into talking.

The judge did not reduce the bail as requested. The bail amount is very high, apparently, for those charges, typically. So it was actually set with future homicide charges in mind.

Otherwise, we are in agreement!!!
I worked many years as a criminal paralegal, and I can’t agree enough. You have to look at the charges and evidence and what makes sense in the eyes of the law. Just because civilians see a path to conviction doesn’t mean it will be upheld in a real court. Please be patient with the process.!

I have to think some of the black trash bags were filled when he was at 80 Mtn Springs- strongly suggesting that he transported her body there and “worked on it” there. I wonder if that’s where here clothing was removed and perhaps he cut her body into pieces. The risk was really too great to be hanging around the murder scene in the garage.

bbm
Surely he was at least that intelligent...:cool:

Exactly. My ex’s family would take me in in a heartbeat. The divorce wasn’t about who we are as people. It’s clearly a choice. Probably off topic for this mess.

If only I had it to do over again, knowing what all I know now!

I was so new to the legal system back then and my then STBX knew all the ways in and out of court, how to scare me, how to get way with being in contempt and most of all how to charm the judge!

I’ve since advised others how to speed up their divorce and how to keep the cost at a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member