OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to bash a potential ‘victim’ , but in all honesty she’s the one who wanted to go to a strip club, she (surprisingly) stated this herself in the TCG interview.

With that I mind, this brings into question the possibility, could she have been being flirtatious with the friend? And or vice versa.

I for one think it’s rather strange that a married woman with a baby and a DH whose an awesome father (her words) would want to go to a strip club with another guy along.... for me, that is a huge red flag. JMO.

This could all also explain the argument between Tyler and the friend. IIRC, I believe I read about that here in some of the posts. All JMO
I kept thinking about the friend leaving just before Tyler was supposed to be back. IMO that would make perfect sense if he did it to avoid having to confront Tyler. For whatever reason, and we can only speculate about what the reason might be. But I'm kind of convinced it was deliberately and there was a reason for it. I don't think it was just the friend being an ...hole.

Just imagine (pure speculation on my part) you had something going on with your best friends wife and then the guy disappears. That would be one suspect situation even if you had absolutely nothing to do with it.

I kept thinking about the friend leaving just before Tyler was supposed to be back. IMO that would make perfect sense if he did it to avoid having to confront Tyler. For whatever reason, and we can only speculate about what the reason might be. But I'm kind of convinced it was deliberately and there was a reason for it. I don't think it was just the friend being an ...hole.

Just imagine (pure speculation on my part) you had something going on with your best friends wife and then the guy disappears. That would be one suspect situation even if you had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Or, he really didn’t leave and it was set up to like like he did. All kinds of scary scenarios. Jmo

Re: The friend leaving the scene RIGHT BEFORE TYLER officially GOES MISSING

I feel like this is not brought up enough, or is just brushed aside. You have the friend. Leaving the parking lot. In his car. While there is still communication w/ Tyler.
While Tyler is sending data about where he is (I'm extrapolating here - he wasn't sending the info so that he could be found there, but the data makes him easier to be found).
And then, all of the sudden, after the friend leaves, Tyler is not heard from again.

Hello!???
Why is there not more focus on this part of the story?

This is where I, if my boyfriend went missing right as our friend took off, would start to question the friend. I don't think anything the "friend" said at that point would ever really convince me he had nothing to do with the disappearance, that he really didn't know anything.
I feel like until he was found, I would still keep circling back to the friend. I don't care if LE cleared him. I would be pressing him for answers every day.
It wouldn't mean to me that the friend necessarily did something to Tyler, but that he must KNOW something. Maybe he found Tyler and dropped him off somewhere else? Maybe Tyler gave some clue about where he might go? There has to be something there! This to me is the fishiest part of the whole story...why is the friend's side of the story never gone into in any detail?

You're reading my mind! I was just going to say that BD herself may have been angry and certainly not thinking about how TD was dressed or the fact that he was in an unfamiliar area. My opinion only.

this is a possibility i haven't thought of yet, actually. maybe SHE stormed off to the room, and her odd behavior now that he is missing is partly due to her feeling guilty and/or ashamed that she stormed off, knowing that she left him really wasted to walk off!

i'm still not feeling sure she was involved, for some reason, regardless of all her strange stories. now, the friend, on the other hand, well, he was the last one to see tyler alive. someone mentioned upthread (as speculation), that maybe wife and friend (and tyler) had been using drugs that night and that perhaps the "dealer" had an issue with tyler (for whatever reason). but what if the FRIEND was the supplier for the evening, and THAT is why he disappeared from the scene instead of sticking around with britney?! maybe he really did decide to let tyler walk off, and since he (tyler) was so wasted he (the friend) didn't want to take any responsibility if tyler did something stupid and he had supplied all the drugs.

TOTAL speculation, and just something that i thought about today when i was taking my morning stroll. sorry if it's a repeat of anyone else's idea. i've followed every post on this thread, as well as 2 fb groups, and i know that some of our theories just go round and round.

hoping for some answers soon. it's been 3 months! how could he disappear from the face of earth, with NOTHING having been found? i check in on this one daily hoping for some kind of resolve.

Last edited:
Re: The friend leaving the scene RIGHT BEFORE TYLER officially GOES MISSING

I feel like this is not brought up enough, or is just brushed aside. You have the friend. Leaving the parking lot. In his car. While there is still communication w/ Tyler.
While Tyler is sending data about where he is (I'm extrapolating here - he wasn't sending the info so that he could be found there, but the data makes him easier to be found).
And then, all of the sudden, after the friend leaves, Tyler is not heard from again.

Hello!???
Why is there not more focus on this part of the story?

This is where I, if my boyfriend went missing right as our friend took off, would start to question the friend. I don't think anything the "friend" said at that point would ever really convince me he had nothing to do with the disappearance, that he really didn't know anything.
I feel like until he was found, I would still keep circling back to the friend. I don't care if LE cleared him. I would be pressing him for answers every day.
It wouldn't mean to me that the friend necessarily did something to Tyler, but that he must KNOW something. Maybe he found Tyler and dropped him off somewhere else? Maybe Tyler gave some clue about where he might go? There has to be something there! This to me is the fishiest part of the whole story...why is the friend's side of the story never gone into in any detail?
Well the friend has cooperated with LE, so I’m guessing they haven’t found evidence that he was involved. Who knows though because we really don’t have confirmation of anything in this case.

I have not read all of the thread yet- just curious- is there any bodies of water around there or within a mile or so?

Sounds kind of similar to the guy who disappeared after a baseball game- he went to the bathroom, left the building and was found later in the river not too far from the parking lot. Lots of people were suspicious of the girlfriend and was upset she left with the kids to go back to the hotel.

Well the friend has cooperated with LE, so I’m guessing they haven’t found evidence that he was involved. Who knows though because we really don’t have confirmation of anything in this case.

Right, but HOW would he even be ruled out? What evidence WOULD there even be?
He could have so easily driven over to where Tyler was, picked him up, and dropped him off somewhere else on the way home with zero evidence. If there's zero evidence on camera of Tyler where he was when he made those last calls, then there might feasibly also be zero evidence of the friend / his car there too.

I highly doubt he has an alibi that can prove he drove directly home from the Hilton (at 4ish a.m.), or that there is any real evidence of that.

Which means, all they are actually going on is the friend's word, and his ability to cooperate with LE, which really isn't much! He was the last person to see Tyler. Something is off here. Not accusing him of anything...I just think the whole situation with the friend & Tyler is wonky.

He at first goes after Tyler, then returns...then comes back just to say "I'm done with this?"
That's fine, I guess, but why just take him at his word on that when he initially went after Tyler, so that motivation was there...suddenly he leaves again & Tyler disappears?

Right, but HOW would he even be ruled out? What evidence WOULD there even be?
He could have so easily driven over to where Tyler was, picked him up, and dropped him off somewhere else on the way home with zero evidence. If there's zero evidence on camera of Tyler where he was when he made those last calls, then there might feasibly also be zero evidence of the friend / his car there too.

I highly doubt he has an alibi that can prove he drove directly home from the Hilton (at 4ish a.m.), or that there is any real evidence of that.

Which means, all they are actually going on is the friend's word, and his ability to cooperate with LE, which really isn't much! He was the last person to see Tyler. Something is off here. Not accusing him of anything...I just think the whole situation with the friend & Tyler is wonky.

He at first goes after Tyler, then returns...then comes back just to say "I'm done with this?"
That's fine, I guess, but why just take him at his word on that when he initially went after Tyler, so that motivation was there...suddenly he leaves again & Tyler disappears?

I dunno, I think it's really unlikely there would be no evidence of him taking Tyler elsewhere. There are cameras around, there would be evidence Tyler was in his car, there would be evidence at whatever location they both ended up... etc. The absence of evidence is in itself evidence that this didn't occur (IMO).

I think Tyler is unfortunately deceased somewhere and his body hasn't been found yet.

Also, what other hotels were around this area? I haven't participated much in this thread so I apologize if this has already been discussed (and I know how annoying that can be when someone pops in at the 11th hour to ask the questions everyone's already discussed ad nauseum)... but in case it's new info. Could Tyler have stormed off in a drunken rage after some stupid fight, found himself lost in an unfamiliar place and trying to use Google Maps or whatever to find his way back to the hotel, but couldn't remember which hotel? If he's anything like my husband, his wife did all the organizing and planning of this trip so maybe, in his drunkenness and confusion, he couldn't remember which hotel it was and walked toward the wrong one. Not hard to type "hotel" into your phone and select the wrong one and start walking off in the wrong direction. Like oh wait, was it the Hilton? Or the Marriott? Especially if there are several in the area.

WHY was it so much more important for BD to charge her phone upstairs in the hotel than STAY and help the obviously-inebriated, confused *(her words), freezing cold, love-of-her-life best friend? thoughts? just about this event in particular...does it strike anyone else as strange?

Not really strange, imo. They were ALL drunk, she had to use the restroom and wanted to charge her phone during that time. I'm sure she assumed he and the friend would return momentarily.

The friend explained to the host of True Crime Garage that, essentially, Tyler used to be a grumpy drunk and would just walk off. He also said, that night he simply wasn't in the mood to deal with Tyler's attitude so left him and turned back to the hotel. That also explains why he left the wife alone at the hotel a short while later, I think. He thought Tyler was just walking it off and would be back at any time.

The two theories that make the most sense to me right now are:

1. He ended up walking somewhere and running into trouble beyond the current search grids. He could be laying in the elements and simply not where someone would be looking for him... Or...

2. He was picked up by someone(s) unknown, under the pretense of helping him get back to the hotel, and taken somewhere and dumped. Again outside the search area...

I know they have info from Google timeline as far as where he walked that night but it's also been said that may not have been entirely accurate and/or that the phone stopped tracking him well before his final location. The wife said his phone had a low charge too. I don't know about the android phone he had but on my iPhone; if it goes into energy saver mode then certain background events, like sending location data, may cease. There was recently the suggestion that Tyler had actually made it up by "Hampton by Hilton" instead and that puts him in a spot for something foul to more easily have happened to him, imo.

If someone robbed him outright or if it was a hit and run, they would have just left him there. People don't tend to take bodies and hide them in random occurrences like that.

So it makes the most sense to me that he willingly got into a car or left the area in some other fashion. It's always possible he's still near Easton. There are cases where people have been found mere feet away from prior search areas BUT with the amount of time that has passed, this seems less and less likely.

2. At 4:00am the amount of traffic on 270 would have been extremely light, thus allowing someone to cross it. Blendon Woods & Cherry Bottom Woods are nearby.

About the I-270 freeway in the Easton area. If you are driving north on I-270 going towards Easton Way, the freeway splits into two different sections that has high concrete dividers. If you stay on the right hand section, it has 3 lanes and you can only get off at the Easton Way and Route 161 exits. If you stay on the left hand section, it is a 3 lane express section with high concrete dividers where you can only get off at the Morse Road exit.

So you have to pay attention to what lanes you are on and the overhead signs on I-270 before reaching the Easton area, otherwise you will miss your exit if you're on the wrong section of I-270 in the Easton area. It is also the same way if you're going south on I-270 in the Easton area.

While traffic would be light on I-270 at that time, you still have to cross at least 12 lanes of traffic to get from one side of I-270 to the other side in that area. And there are also high noise barrier walls along the sides of the I-270 freeway from Gahanna to Westerville.

So if you're walking on the side of I-270, the only way you're ever going to get off of I-270 in that area is walking on the ramps that exits you from I-270.

I'm not sure that Tyler would have been able to climb a high noise barrier wall while intoxicated if he did went across traffic on I-270.

I dunno, I think it's really unlikely there would be no evidence of him taking Tyler elsewhere. There are cameras around, there would be evidence Tyler was in his car, there would be evidence at whatever location they both ended up... etc. The absence of evidence is in itself evidence that this didn't occur (IMO).

Yes, but there are supposedly cameras EVERYWHERE around that area, and they didn't pick up Tyler, except for him getting out of the Uber, anywhere either!!! Sorry for shouting & getting excited, but that's what I'm saying.

It would normally be weird for someone to have gone and picked him up from the road without being spotted except for the very strange fact that Tyler himself was not spotted either. And you'd think it would actually be easier to get some good footage of someone on foot vs. in a car. In fact, the fact that there is no footage of Tyler DOES seems to point more to him having been in a vehicle.

As far as evidence in the car, you don't always get that. Plus, there may have been evidence that they found that was written off as normal due to Tyler having been in the friends car previously.

I also am not thinking they necessarily ended up in the same location. Point in fact: Tyler was supposedly upset, getting out of the Uber, because he didn't think they were in the right place. Was there somewhere they had planned on going after the strip club? Could the friend have picked him up and taken Tyler there? And then went home.

Again, not speculating that there was foul play...I don't see any real motive for that TBH, but we do know that Tyler was perhaps unhappy in his marriage, and apparently upset that night...and again you have Tyler running off, his friend going after him, then the friend leaving, then Tyler disappears.
I know I'm repeating myself. I just think it's an Occam's Razor thing. LE may have been thinking Tyler would show up any minute during the time they were questioning the friend. I think at this point, any info the friend has, or any evidence pointing to him having played a part in Tyler's disappearance should be really carefully re-examined.

with all due respect (and I really do say that respectfully, no passive aggressiveness here, I like to think we are all learning from and teaching each other as we go) - no evidence is ever "written off as normal." Until a case is solved, everything stays on the table. Sure, some rises to the top and some evidence slips to the bottom, but none is written off. Notes and case files are filled with inconsequential tidbits because LE and legal teams never know what bits will come into play down the road.

Seems there are still many unanswered questions but I am confident Tyler's case is active and LE knows a lot more than has been reported. Waiting is tough, and we start to re-think ourselves, and question our theories which IMO is always good.

I hope there is news soon.

I have not read all of the thread yet- just curious- is there any bodies of water around there or within a mile or so?

Sounds kind of similar to the guy who disappeared after a baseball game- he went to the bathroom, left the building and was found later in the river not too far from the parking lot. Lots of people were suspicious of the girlfriend and was upset she left with the kids to go back to the hotel.

There are some ponds nearby. I believe they've been searched by police. They are not large and tend to be shallow. Ponds like them tend to be man made by the property developers so water has a place to drain. There is a creek to the west of the area. It's unlikely he's in it, but not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123