Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they both looked like they suffered from drug abuse IMO in their booking photos / could they be addicts desperate and killed her ? Or is the wear and tear of murder disposal etc wear their appearance down? She really looks spent IMO

I thought they both looked like they suffered from drug abuse IMO in their booking photos / could they be addicts desperate and killed her ? Or is the wear and tear of murder disposal etc wear their appearance down? She really looks spent IMO

I don’t think either of them is into drugs. Atleast I don’t take their appearance as being an indication of that.

Days without sleep, and spending your first nights ever behind bars, can take a toll on your appearance.

Neither have any documented drug history, and FD in particular seems to take his physical condition very seriously.

Understood. But supposedly he was to have the kids for visitation on Saturday. So why take them all the way to NYC when they should be in CT for a hand off in the morning? Not arguing, but asking.
I don't have an answer for that, it is just a thought I had once I read the document. You bring up a good point.

Thank you for your view on these matters. I believe the information regarding the fact that the Memorial Day weekend was to be 'supervised' was incorrect. FD had a documented history of non compliance with the courts instructions and has at least 2 citations for contempt. Further the mistress was to have no contact with JD children and this requirement of the court was ignored both by FD and his mistress. I have a copy of the Judge Heller ruling in the office and so will go back again and read the section and post the involved sections tomorrow.

I am not sure the courtroom environment and culture that you describe no matter how awful should excuse judges from recognizing and dealing appropriately with domestic violence toward partners. JMO.

I just wanted to repost on this thread a press release that was previously posted by @peace9274 regarding domestic violence (BBM):

The (Connecticut) CT Coalition Against Domestic Violence (CCADV) is deeply saddened and concerned to learn of the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos in New Canaan last week and we remain hopeful that she will be found safe.

While news reports have offered the idea that this circumstance is a result of a custody dispute, there is more than sufficient detail in court documents to authentically describe this situation for what it is; domestic violence, the coalition said in their statement, in a press release.

Ms. Dulos offered to the court on more than one occasion that she was fearful of her husband who could be vengeful and dangerous. We know that domestic violence is a pattern of behavior that is centered on power and control.

Abusers use various strategies to threaten, harass, control and intimidate their partner, including the practice of continuing this conduct through the family court process. When a victim is leaving a relationship and taking steps to move away from the abuse and coercion, this can be the most dangerous time.

Anyone who is experiencing or knows someone who is experiencing domestic violence is encouraged to call the statewide domestic violence hotline. Safe, confidential and free domestic violence services available across the state include counseling, court-based advocacy, emergency shelter, group support and services for children.

Certified domestic violence counselors can be reached 24 hours per day, 7 days per week via the statewide domestic violence hotlines – 888.774.2900 (English) and 844.831.9200 (Español).

Yes, please do if you can. I would like to see the orders.

Yes, we all can see that he is a domestic abuser. But in the family law system, half the people lie about such things. The judge found there was not enough evidence to issue a TRO against FD at the time it was requested. I have represented many people falsely accused of DV by a lying ex and it can ruin their lives. Judges understand this and have to rule according to actual evidence, keeping in mind that people lie constantly in these cases. It's hard to know who is telling the truth.

In this case, the judge eventually did determine that he is a liar. However, by that time there was no new restraining order request to my knowledge. So nothing to rule on there.

The issue became solidly about custody. The judge did two things, apparent from the new articles and very familiar to me, in an attempt to untangle the mess and determine what was safe for the kids, in the face of his lies and the allegations:

1. She ordered input from therapists.
2. She appointed a guardian ad litem who represents the interests of the kids, not the parents, and asked for their input.

Those are the proactive actions of a judge who is taking the case seriously. That's based on my experience as a family law attorney for 17 years.

The judge next - according to news articles - issued highly restrictive orders per the recommendations of the therapists and the GAL. That is also the proactive action of a judge who is taking the case seriously.

If the judge changed the visits to unsupervised, that would not be unusual. That is often the case eventually, even where there is contentious behavior, and even when one parent is determined to be a liar. I have explained why on a previous thread and that's systemic across the US.

Supervised visitation is not meant to be permanent.

In this case, if the judge changed to unsupervised based on recommendations of the GAL and therapists, she did her job. She relied on fact gatherers and experts.

If she did not, and just changed it for no reason to something dramatically less restrictive, without relying on experts, that would be super troubling and if that happened and then the kids were killed or had been kidnapped, I would absolutely blame the judge.

As it stands, the judge is not to blame in any way for what happened here. There was no new DVRO request and no hearing had happened on a permanent request, to my knowledge, since the first TRO request which the court didn't find compelling enough at that time. The court has no power to revisit an old ruling and say, "Well I change my mind." unless someone asks it to.

But let's say the court had issued the TRO. Well listen, he already knew that his wife had filed legal documents asserting he was going to kill her. He killed her anyhow.

Restraining orders keep the peace. They don't stop murder.

And thanks to Jennifer and her family’s plans to safeguard the children should anything untoward occur where she can’t assure their safety and security.

I’m convinced the children are only currently in the US because of this.

Otherwise, he would have had them for visitations over the weekend and they would become essentially hostages for the money he felt the family owed him. It would have been a dreadful situation full of peril for the lives of these children, I believe.
I agree 100% with this. I think if he would have been called and given the children on Friday (prior to his supervised time), they would have been long gone. That brings up another question...would he be allowed to take them unsupervised in case of an emergency? It's moot point at this time, but it makes me wonder, especially since he seemed to have finished up at the Mountain Spring home around the time that school would have let out. Was he at home waiting for "the call?"

I believe the nanny to be the hero in this instance for getting the children to the safety of their grandma. I am curious, though, after reading the documents released today, if it was a pre-arranged plan. According to the documents, JD's missed appointments were in NYC. Since one of the appointments was in the afternoon, maybe the plan was for the nanny to drive the children to grandma's after school to meet up with mom and grandma for an evening together.

Whatever the case, I am so thankful that the nanny was able to get them to the safety of their grandmother's apartment.

Scan Jun 3, 2019 (367 views)

Nanny certainly helped by taking kiddies to Grandparents.
FD was not able to have access to them.
You need loyal people around you, as never know when needed.

Look at the Watts case.
NA, SW's good friend, arrived at the home, immediately called Police before the Creep could plan further 'tidy ups'.

It has to be a matter of coming up with the money.

Regardless of what his attorney wants, no person wants to stay in jail in a situation like this.

This would be his last shot at freedom, possibly forever.

And I would guess that, since the couple weren’t divorced yet, all of those “assets” don’t belong only to him-if Jennifer was still alive, she would be entitled to some of the income from the assets. Plus he owes a lot of money...

If they gained access to the garage only after she returned home (a theory), they must have parked somewhere.
I think they were waiting for her to open garage door and pull in. Maybe he knew the code? He definitely knew what time she dropped the kids off at school. I’m sure they were both there if MT is so helpful in cleanup.

First, my apologies to all of you comitted posters who posted today. I'd need to either quit my day job or divorce my spouse to find the time to read them all and I applaud your focus on this case.
Next, did I really read that items were spread over a four mile stretch of road? What kind of logic is that? Increase the locations associated with a crime and you increase the likelihood of getting caught. Is that not basic math? Did FD not major in applied mathematics at any Ivy league school? FD has been accused of a lot here but I truly thought he was intelligent.
I feel so badly for Jennifer. How offensive to possibly have your remains haphazardly discarded by your husband and his girlfriend. Makes my blood boil. Words can't describe this.
I hope those kids are getting a lot of help. They must be going through h-e double hockey sticks right now. I hope a combination of family, religion, friends and professional guidance see them through this. Most importantly, they'll need each other. Maybe a higher power gave them each four siblings for a reason.

Yes, please do if you can. I would like to see the orders.

Yes, we all can see that he is a domestic abuser. But in the family law system, half the people lie about such things. The judge found there was not enough evidence to issue a TRO against FD at the time it was requested. I have represented many people falsely accused of DV by a lying ex and it can ruin their lives. Judges understand this and have to rule according to actual evidence, keeping in mind that people lie constantly in these cases. It's hard to know who is telling the truth.

In this case, the judge eventually did determine that he is a liar. However, by that time there was no new restraining order request to my knowledge. So nothing to rule on there.

The issue became solidly about custody. The judge did two things, apparent from the new articles and very familiar to me, in an attempt to untangle the mess and determine what was safe for the kids, in the face of his lies and the allegations:

1. She ordered input from therapists.
2. She appointed a guardian ad litem who represents the interests of the kids, not the parents, and asked for their input.

Those are the proactive actions of a judge who is taking the case seriously. That's based on my experience as a family law attorney for 17 years.

The judge next - according to news articles - issued highly restrictive orders per the recommendations of the therapists and the GAL. That is also the proactive action of a judge who is taking the case seriously.

If the judge changed the visits to unsupervised, that would not be unusual. That is often the case eventually, even where there is contentious behavior, and even when one parent is determined to be a liar. I have explained why on a previous thread and that's systemic across the US.

Supervised visitation is not meant to be permanent.

In this case, if the judge changed to unsupervised based on recommendations of the GAL and therapists, she did her job. She relied on fact gatherers and experts.

If she did not, and just changed it for no reason to something dramatically less restrictive, without relying on experts, that would be super troubling and if that happened and then the kids were killed or had been kidnapped, I would absolutely blame the judge.

As it stands, the judge is not to blame in any way for what happened here. There was no new DVRO request and no hearing had happened on a permanent request, to my knowledge, since the first TRO request which the court didn't find compelling enough at that time. The court has no power to revisit an old ruling and say, "Well I change my mind." unless someone asks it to.

But let's say the court had issued the TRO. Well listen, he already knew that his wife had filed legal documents asserting he was going to kill her. He killed her anyhow.

Restraining orders keep the peace. They don't stop murder.

no one knows what it's like to live in fear when you are dealing with a narcissist, unless you have been/are married to one. The judicial system is a JOKE. The lawyers just want to bill, they drag everything out, cancel hearings, file contempt of court order documents, and nothing gets done. Narcissists are all alike, get a room of us together who lived through this hell, all of our stories will be identical, it's like they have a narcissist playbook. The judges and attorney's are clueless to what these women-yes, some are men who are dealing with narcissistic wives, but the majority are men. Most women are so embarrassed that they tolerated the abuse for so long, it's not until the very end that they start to reach out for help, often times feeling like no one will believe them because the NARC is so good at deceiving.

After seeing the photo of LE checking the septic tank on the Mountain Spring Rd property, I looked for homes under construction or for sale / for rent between JD’s Welles Lane home and Waveny Park.

One recently listed on Zillow stood out to me. Fixer-upper with the Noroton River and Jelliff Mill Pond in the back yard. Also has a septic tank. However, there are also occupied homes around this home so I doubt he would risk being seen.

While looking at the map, I noticed a train station near Waverny Park. So I went down that rabbit hole and figured out you can go from New Canaan to Farmington and vice versa.

Is it possible JD rode the train to and from New Canaan?
The station you are referring to is Talmadge Hill and its on the New Canaan Metro North line which connects to the main MetroNorth line in Stamford. Stamford is also a connection point for Amtrak which runs up and down the eastern seabord.

Getting to Hartford via train from New Canaan is a challenge involving multiple changes, different lines and takes a long time. Its an interesting idea to have them travel but train but I wonder if they would take the risk of being seen on camera as after 9/11 many cameras were installed along all the train lines and police coverage increased. Terrorism is an ongoing concern in the region too so between cameras, sensors and police, I would think that their movements could be documented by CCTV if they chose to travel by train.

Non custom homes. No buyer upfront. Riskier way of doing development work because you can be stuck with the real estate and have to carry it until buyers are found. Fore Group has 6 houses waiting to be sold presently.

Is it just that there are few buyers of homes in that price range, that there are so many of them unsold? I mean The Fore Group won a bunch of awards just last year for home building-I wonder if the homes are ugly, poorly constructed or just too expensive. You’d think he might have known that there would be few buyers, so he wouldn’t build so many on spec.

First, my apologies to all of you comitted posters who posted today. I'd need to either quit my day job or divorce my spouse to find the time to read them all and I applaud your focus on this case.
Next, did I really read that items were spread over a four mile stretch of road? What kind of logic is that? Increase the locations associated with a crime and you increase the likelihood of getting caught. Is that not basic math? Did FD not major in applied mathematics at any Ivy league school? FD has been accused of a lot here but I truly thought he was intelligent.
I feel so badly for Jennifer. How offensive to possibly have your remains haphazardly discarded by your husband and his girlfriend. Makes my blood boil. Words can't describe this.
I hope those kids are getting a lot of help. They must be going through h-e double hockey sticks right now. I hope a combination of family, religion, friends and professional guidance see them through this. Most importantly, they'll need each other. Maybe a higher power gave them each four siblings for a reason.
Yes, you read that right. These two geniuses decided to exponentially increase the odds of being discovered, by dumping evidence in 30 locations.

I’ve seen some stupid criminals, but these two are right up there with the dumbest of the dumb.

After seeing the photo of LE checking the septic tank on the Mountain Spring Rd property, I looked for homes under construction or for sale / for rent between JD’s Welles Lane home and Waveny Park.

One recently listed on Zillow stood out to me. Fixer-upper with the Noroton River and Jelliff Mill Pond in the back yard. Also has a septic tank. However, there are also occupied homes around this home so I doubt he would risk being seen.

While looking at the map, I noticed a train station near Waverny Park. So I went down that rabbit hole and figured out you can go from New Canaan to Farmington and vice versa.

Is it possible JD rode the train to and from New Canaan?
With or without the body?

Yes, you read that right. These two geniuses decided to exponentially increase the odds of being discovered, by dumping evidence in 30 locations.

I’ve seen some stupid criminals, but these two are right up there with the dumbest of the dumb.
And I’m counting on this as we await the finding of dear JD ....

I don't have an answer for that, it is just a thought I had once I read the document. You bring up a good point.
Thanks.

Like the old saying goes, "If the SEAL shoe cover fits...put it over your head as you're leaving the courtroom."

Or something like that.

I can't remember how the old saying goes, exactly.

JMO.
Someone someplace today wrote an explanation of why the term 'side piece' was appropriate. Have to say I agree. So if you see me type SP you will know to whom I'm referring!

The information is on page 4 of 18 of the arrest warrant. The section is describing where the 30 bags were dropped. Description: "4 mile stretch of Albany Avenue between Biltmore and Edward Streets". Wonder if its just a typo. According to the document it appears the truck they were driving was headed back to Farmington. Maybe this is just a typo? IDK.
Okay. This is interesting. There is a place in Bloomfield named Biltmore Park. In order to get there from the area of Albany Avenue the police were definitely in, you would have to drive at least three miles on Albany, then maybe one more up another road to Biltmore Park. This would also go directly through where Hartford Golf Club is.

Just some interesting insight of MOO.

I mean The Fore Group won a bunch of awards just last year for home building.

Those “Awards” are just marketing BS. Probably given out in direct proprortion to to the donations made to whatever marketing group promotes them. They have no validity.

Did you see the photo of the interior of the house with the 2 story wooden fireplace on the Fore Group webpage?

It’s dreadful. Supposed to be dramatic, but looks like the equivalent of a Home Design Project Runway entrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname