Found Deceased Dominican Republic - Orlando Moore & Portia Ravenelle, from NY on vacation, April 2019

I've not been able to find any new news about this case.

Ditto here. The ones I posted above were from mid April I think. The only other I found in the last month (the post is further back) was that the bodies were returned and I had to search way past the first couple of pages of search results to find that one and try various search terms. Not a single piece of new news otherwise including whether the letter from the congressmen was responded to. Totally quiet.

Dominican Police recover deceased American couple’s car(Update)
A picture I have never seen. Tagline references car but this looks like it is more likely recovery of body... There is nothing graphic on it or I would never post it. I happened onto it.
Maybe others have seen it, I never have. If this brings up car pics it is one of the others underneath...

A picture I have never seen. Tagline references car but this looks like it is more likely recovery of body... There is nothing graphic on it or I would never post it. I happened onto it.
Maybe others have seen it, I never have. If this brings up car pics it is one of the others underneath...
Thank you for posting this!
It looks like a hood?

It's the 1st I have seen it.

The comments are pretty interesting.

There is a caption that it is the body of Mr. Moore being removed. It looks to be the dock where they brought his body after finding him in the water. I have seen this photo in MSM but zoomed out a bit.

Noting.. Also posted on this thread..
Delaware woman, Tammy Lawrence-Daley, beaten, left for dead at Dominican resort
rbbm.
Tammy Lawrence-Daley: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
"In April 2019, NBC New York reported that two representatives of the state were asking the FBI to conduct a full investigation into the deaths of U.S. citizens Orlando Moore and Portia Ravanelle in the Dominican Republic. The couple died after their car plunged into the ocean on the island. The victims’ families believe that there are too many unanswered questions regarding the deaths and are calling for a more thorough U.S.-led investigation. In February 2019, one month after Lawrence-Daley’s attack, the United Kingdom’s Foreign Office issued a warning to UK citizens who were traveling to the Dominican Republic due to higher levels of crime being reported."

Noting.. Also posted on this thread..
Delaware woman, Tammy Lawrence-Daley, beaten, left for dead at Dominican resort
rbbm.
Tammy Lawrence-Daley: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
"In April 2019, NBC New York reported that two representatives of the state were asking the FBI to conduct a full investigation into the deaths of U.S. citizens Orlando Moore and Portia Ravanelle in the Dominican Republic. The couple died after their car plunged into the ocean on the island. The victims’ families believe that there are too many unanswered questions regarding the deaths and are calling for a more thorough U.S.-led investigation. In February 2019, one month after Lawrence-Daley’s attack, the United Kingdom’s Foreign Office issued a warning to UK citizens who were traveling to the Dominican Republic due to higher levels of crime being reported."

Thank you for this info, I was unaware of this other case in the Dominican. Still waiting for more word on this one and a further investigation.

So strange...

Engaged Maryland Couple Found Dead In Dominican Republic Resort Died From Respiratory Failure
Here's what officials found in their hotel room.

Jun 3, 2019

"The engaged Maryland couple who were found dead in their hotel in the Dominican Republic reportedly died of respiratory failure, according to the country's national police.

The statement from the Dominican Republic National Police revealed autopsies performed on Edward Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, determined the couple suffered from respiratory failure and pulmonary edema, a condition caused by excess fluid in the lungs.

On May 30, Holmes and Day missed their scheduled checkout time at the Bahia Principe Hotel in La Romana. When hotel staff members conducted a search of their room, they found the couple unresponsive.

Police say there were no signs of violence present in the room. Additionally, several high blood pressure medications were found in their hotel room....

The Bahia Principe Hotel happens to be the same resort inhabited by Portia Ravenelle and Orlando Moore, the New York couple who went missing during their April vacation to the Dominican Republic.

Dominican Republic police believe the New York couple crashed their rental car during a late-night drive to a distant airport. Ravenelle’s body was found on the side of a highway while Moore's body was discovered still in the car, which wound up in the ocean.

The deaths of both couples remain under investigation."

Engaged Maryland Couple Found Dead In Dominican Republic Resort Died From Respiratory Failure

060319-News-Maryland-Couple-Died-In-Domincan-Republic.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Incidents involving American tourists raise safety concerns about Dominican Republic

June 3, 2019

Incidents involving American tourists raise safety concerns about Dominican Republic

So strange...

Here's what officials found in their hotel room.

Jun 3, 2019

"The engaged Maryland couple who were found dead in their hotel in the Dominican Republic reportedly died of respiratory failure, according to the country's national police.

The statement from the Dominican Republic National Police revealed autopsies performed on Edward Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, determined the couple suffered from respiratory failure and pulmonary edema, a condition caused by excess fluid in the lungs.

On May 30, Holmes and Day missed their scheduled checkout time at the Bahia Principe Hotel in La Romana. When hotel staff members conducted a search of their room, they found the couple unresponsive.

Police say there were no signs of violence present in the room. Additionally, several high blood pressure medications were found in their hotel room....

The Bahia Principe Hotel happens to be the same resort inhabited by Portia Ravenelle and Orlando Moore, the New York couple who went missing during their April vacation to the Dominican Republic.

Dominican Republic police believe the New York couple crashed their rental car during a late-night drive to a distant airport. Ravenelle’s body was found on the side of a highway while Moore's body was discovered still in the car, which wound up in the ocean.

The deaths of both couples remain under investigation."

060319-News-Maryland-Couple-Died-In-Domincan-Republic.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 3, 2019

Respiratory failure and pulmonary edema? Both of them? What are the chances that they breathed something poisonous? Not foul play—just carelessness with something noxious

MOO

i know this happened in fiji, and nowhere near the DR, but ANOTHER american couple died last week mysteriously. over- the- top bizarre.

Mystery over deaths of American couple who died days apart on dream Fiji vacation | Daily Mail Online

"The family of an American woman who died in Fiji days before her husband after going to hospital with a mystery sickness have revealed that she complained about having numb hands before she died.

Michelle Paul, a 35-year-old mother-of-one from Fort Worth, Texas, died in a hospital on the island last week.

Her husband, David, died days later. The pair had to be hospitalized the day before they were due to return home on May 25.

While their families have been told that they died, they remain in the dark about what caused their sudden deterioration of health. "

(more at link)

Respiratory failure and pulmonary edema? Both of them? What are the chances that they breathed something poisonous? Not foul play—just carelessness with something noxious

MOO

Very strange. Makes me wonder what caused the respiratory failure and pulmonary edema in 2 people in the same room.

To get back to OM and PR, I haven't been able to find any updates other than just brief mentions about officials asking for an investigation.

Reminds me of This /cause of death

Autopsy Reveals How American Sisters Died While on Luxury Vacation Abroad
Two American sisters found unresponsive last week at a luxury resort while vacationing abroad both died of excess fluid in their lungs, which impaired their breathing, according to a report obtained by PEOPLE.

The autopsy results, released Friday, show that Annie Marie Korkki, 37, died of acute pulmonary and cerebral edema and sister Robin Marie Korkki, 42, died from acute pulmonary edema, according to a report released by the office of the Seychelles Minister of Travel and Culture.

Toxicology tests are being conducted, but results will not be ready for weeks, police spokesman Jean Toussaint told the Seychelles News Agency. Police said they found undisclosed prescription medication in the sisters’ room.

Holmes and Day... I immediately thought drowning. Regardless, I admit, this would give me pause before planning a vacation there. And I am one of those folks who feels safe in downtown Detroit, downtown LA, but this... yeah, same resort, two couples? Not going there anytime soon. May these families get the answers they need soon.

DBM Duplicate No. 1 - funky posting sorry all

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member