Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
no one knows what it's like to live in fear when you are dealing with a narcissist, unless you have been/are married to one. The judicial system is a JOKE. The lawyers just want to bill, they drag everything out, cancel hearings, file contempt of court order documents, and nothing gets done. Narcissists are all alike, get a room of us together who lived through this hell, all of our stories will be identical, it's like they have a narcissist playbook. The judges and attorney's are clueless to what these women-yes, some are men who are dealing with narcissistic wives, but the majority are men. Most women are so embarrassed that they tolerated the abuse for so long, it's not until the very end that they start to reach out for help, often times feeling like no one will believe them because the NARC is so good at deceiving.

There are many attorneys who drag things out to make a buck. I am dealing with a couple now. It's awful.

But there are many like me who just honestly try to help our clients the best we can.

There are often continuances and cancellations due to the vagaries of the court system or issues with counsel being called back to a case with priority. That's no ones fault although some do play the system to drag things out.

I get very frustrated by that.

The judges and attorneys are not clueless as to what it's like to deal with narcissists. We understand better than anyone besides the people actually married to them. Because in our business that's who we have to deal with on a frequent basis. Narcissists, sociopaths, people with borderline personality disorder, people with untreated bipolar disorder, people with drug and alcohol addictions and the selfishness that goes along with that.

As I said, when both parties are normal, things settle fast. But at the actual litigation stage, at least one side is nuts.

Yes, more men seem to be narcissistic than women. It's been studied. But in my 17 years I have frankly seen just as many women with personality disorders or other issues, destroying their kids and playing the system, as men. In fact, probably slightly more.

Women think men are more often the issue because they're friends with other women so that's what they hear about. But I represent both genders so I know.

More women I see tend to have borderline personality disorder than men. And there is still a gender bias in general, in custody decisions, which men have to fight against.

So while there are gender differences in how people exhibit emotional problems, the effect is sort of equally balanced between the genders.

The judicial system tries hard to do its best. But sit on the other side of the table for a couple of weeks and you will be pulling out your hair.

Again, judges hear case after case after case, endlessly, with people accusing each other and most are exaggerating or lying. Others perceive things a certain way and don't realize their emotions are causing a misinterpretation. I watch what the judges have to deal with and I would never do it. It's super hard to tell who is telling the truth after only a bit of time listening to their attorneys talk. And it's an impacted system.

Filing contempt actions is a means of trying to get the other side to comply with court orders. It's not a joke. It's one of the tools we have but ultimately we can't force someone to play by the rules. And of course we get blamed for wasting everyone's time and incurring more fees when it doesn't work. But there's only so much we can do.

But you know what? Frankly it's very frustrating that people mess up their own lives by picking jerks, making a bunch of children with them and entangling their finances work these winners and then expect strangers who barely know them (judges and attorneys) to "fix" their mess, and if we can't, the system is a joke.

Ultimately, it's like one of my old bosses says, "You picked them."

We are not going to be able to perfectly fix the mess people make of their lives by pickings losers and making a family with them. It's an impossibility though the court system.

Therapy is what should have been used, long before people make the bad choices they then want to blame on the judicial system.

I’m puzzled why she was going to dr appointments 3+ hours away. There have to be closer doctors. I lived in rural America and had my daughter at a hospital 3 hours away but that was the closest one that handled high risk. Also, If her appointment wasn’t until 1 then the soonest she would expect to be home would be 5 (not figuring traffic) but the nanny got to NYC by 7 meaning she would have had to leave by st least 4. Something had to have clued the nanny in that there was a problem early on. JMO
Metro North Railroad can get you from New Caanan to Grand Central Station in an hour and 15 minutes (per the schedule, reality may vary). Cheaper and easier than driving into NYC.

Marissa Alter on Twitter

Detectives were able to recover a FedEx mailer in one storm drain. Inside, investigators located two CT license plate altered through tape and adhesive. DMV records show the plates came back as cancelled on a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban registered to Dulos. @News12CT

ETA: What an absolute bonehead. Good.
This definitely shows premeditation. He didn’t just happen to have some tape and an old license plate to doctor up, so he can’t claim he went to talk to her and killed her “in the rest of the moment.”

This definitely shows premeditation. He didn’t just happen to have some tape and an old license plate to doctor up, so he can’t claim he went to talk to her and killed her “in the rest of the moment.”

I agree, that does indicate premeditation.

I’m sure there will be more evidence of this, from phone records, surveillance footage, and perhaps a material witness (MT).

He may have engaged in stalking, and conducted a dry run.

It’s weird though, because all of this seems so haphazard:

Doing it in the daytime.

Leaving himself with so little time to do this.

Dumping evidence in 30 containers.

Keeping their phones on during this process.

Premeditated but stupid.

According to the warrant, the plates were found in the FedEx box that was recovered from the drain.

From page 5 of the warrant:

“Inside the Fed Ex box, investigators located 2 Connecticut license plates whose appearance had been altered through the use of tape and adhesive.”

“The actual license plate (Connecticut passenger plate 516WDJ) had been modified to read 5T6WBU.

“When actual plates (516WDJ) were queried, Department of Motor Vehicles records indicated the plates came back status: Cancelled on a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban registered to (Fotis) Dulos.”

These two thought they were so clever changing the number plates with Tape, patting themselves on their shoulders. :D:D:D:D
Definitely premeditated.
MOO.

I’m sure there will be more evidence of this, from phone records, surveillance footage, and perhaps a material witness (MT).

Doing it in the daytime.

Premeditated but stupid.
Seems a lot more thought went into the first half of the day -- getting into the home, moving JD's car, and possibly hiding the body. It may be that the cell phone(s) were not present at that time. Once in Farmington/Hartford then incorrectly unconcerned with cell data. JMO.

Seems a lot more thought went into the first half of the day -- getting into the home, moving JD's car, and possibly hiding the body. It may be that the cell phone(s) were not present at that time. Once in Farmington/Hartford then incorrectly unconcerned with cell data. JMO.

Yeah, I do think we’re going to learn that his phone was shut off during the time of the murder.

This would be telling, as I think he’s the type of guy to always have his phone turned on.

I agree, It does seem that more planning went into the murder, than the aftermath.

They were like “she’s dead, what now?”

Doing it in the daytime.

Premeditated but stupid.
This guy blows my mind. Did he maybe go to the Chris Watts' school of 'Captain Obvious'?

Perhaps other than living with armed guards all over her home and property, and worrying if she could trust any of them..
Perhaps she wouldn't need protection full time. She was the most vulnerable when she was alone. Was she aware of it? Did she think that living a distance away from FD would be enough? Considering the private location of her home, she could have installed cameras to cover the outside of the house. Maybe that would deter unwanted visitors.

I actually tried to look for any mention of the club related to the case earlier. I couldn't find anything except the vigil. If they did dump anything in that area though, it's very residential and wealthy. They likely would've been noticed.
It doesn't make sense that with all of the areas that are rural and wooded that were available to him from New Canaan to Farmington that he would drive a body into a wealthy, residential, highly populated and highly used golf course and dispose of her body.

It is sad that Jennifer tried everything legally possible to protect herself and still, he killed her.

I don't think Jennifer feared being killed. She trusted the courts and the restrictions imposed on FD who was even limited in his contact with her. (He could only reach her via text or messaging.) Jennifer was concerned for her children, the supposed point of contention in the divorce proceedings. Yes, people make threats, even deadly threats - but the victims shrug them off as bravado, an attempt to frighten and intimidate.

Nor do I believe Jennifer missed vital clues. Yes, the threats read terrifying in court documents, but in real life they resembled an ugly fight, more loud than foreshadowing.

Another reason why I see MT as the driving force. To commit premeditated murder almost requires a cold hate that FD may not have exhibited - probably looking like a hotheaded nitwit, whose every comment provided more fodder for the court documents.

Jennifer didn't know MT as well. If she had, she may have felt an implacable hunger to supplant her. Felt a chilling menace in her presence.

MOO

Regarding the clothing. Its entirely possible it is hers, or even the kids. If she was attacked in the garage, which seems to be the case, and if they were caught off guard then they would have likely used anything handy to clean up the blood. Aside from garbage bags, and rags and sponges both of which would be common garage items, I store my clothes and my daugther's clothes (and my husband's) in a box in the garage until I get enough boxes to bother to take them to the thrift store or call for them to pick them up. It doesn't have to be something she was wearing. JMO

He could sign over the one house he owns in Farmington that probably doesn't have a lien on it. Bail has to be cash. It may vary from state to state but lawyers should ethically be able to take property as payment. JMO
The home he lives in at Jefferson Court is either in foreclosure or soon to be i foreclosure. He stopped payments on it or couldn't continue to make payments on it.

Since both plates were modified it leads me to think that the vehicle had traveled where there are known license plate readers. Any of the routes from New Caanan to Farmington do not involve toll roads. I wonder if the vehicle the plates were on traveled into New York, perhaps across the Tappan Zee bridge. But I suppose law enforcement has checked into that.
There are no toll roads in or out of Connecticut, at least not yet. She wouldn't have gone across the Tappan Zee to go into the city, it wouldn't have been the most direct or common route in.

MT is on video with him

Yes, but right now she is out on bail. Apparently it isn’t difficult to slip the gps anklets, and I really can see her leaving the country for S. America in order to avoid a prison sentence (as well as avoiding testifying against FD). If she stays here, she is going to spend at least some time in prison because of her role in this.

Are the videos of just him or MT also? I also don't want to call it "trash" that was dumped. It could have been the mother of his children. Unbelievable.

I called it “trash” only because FD and MT treated it like trash, and we don’t yet know for certain what all went into the containers they were putting the bags into. There was no disrespect intended to JD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie