Found Deceased TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably nothing on what happening in Michigan re McDonough? She had a hearing on 5/24 also.

TIA! :)
May 29, 2019
“[SBM]

Ginell McDonough’s pretrial hearing in a Muskegon County courtroom was Friday, and the case was transferred from a district court to a circuit court — a higher one that deals with felony offenses in which someone convicted may be sentenced to prison time, according to a Michigan court official.

The next step is for the case to be set for trial, but no trial date was set Wednesday.

Presiding over the 14th Circuit Court where McDonough’s case will be tried is Judge Annette R. Smedley.

[SBM]

McDonough, a U.S. Army staff sergeant, wasn’t charged with any offenses in Bell County ....

[SBM]

[Maya] Maxwell is [Cedric] Marks’ pregnant girlfriend. She and Marks are now both inmates in the Bell County Jail. Marks said during an Aug. 15 protective order hearing that he and McDonough had an open marriage, a court transcript said.

[SBM]

A February search of McDonough’s U.S. Army Reserve office in Muskegon found a suitcase in her office with a rifle and forms of identification for Marks in it. Computers and other things were taken and given to the Michigan State Police to examine to see if any crimes possibly committed by Marks could be found on them.

It was unknown at press time if McDonough faces any military charges.

Marks claimed during a protective order hearing requested by Scott that he had no weapons, even though Scott said she’d seen multiple firearms in his home, according to the court transcript.

[SBM]

Marks’ pretrial court date was May 17, but it was changed to June 27.

Maxwell’s pretrial date was changed from May 24 to June 21.”
Wife of Cedric Marks to be prosecuted in higher court

I suspect that Mrs. Marks knows a whole lot about the activities of her “husband”. But does she have the courage, honor and dignity to tell the authorities what she knows?

You are welcome :)!

Found the case on the case search page for the Muskegon County (14th) Circuit Court, but it appears that no date has been set for the next hearing ...:
https://micourt.courts.michigan.gov...artyTypeNumber=D1&caseType=FH&petitionNumber=

View attachment 187333 View attachment 187334

animated-smileys-jumping-001.gif
YES! I can access this court site! Thank you inmyhumbleopinion for the link. I won't need to bother you or anyone else on this thread for dates! :D

Exclusive: Baby born to capital murder suspect

In mid-March four pregnant women were in the Bell County Jail.

One of those women was Maya Maxwell, who was recently said by the baby’s self-proclaimed father, Cedric Marks, to be about eight months pregnant.

Department of Family and Protective Services spokeswoman Mary Walker told the Telegram that Maxwell’s baby — a boy — was born Sunday and was placed in the custody of Child Protective Services.

Walker shared the information from a removal affidavit.

Bell County Sheriff’s Department couldn’t comment Monday on if Maxwell had her baby, Maj. T.J. Cruz said.

“Generally speaking, if there was no designated person or appropriate relative, CPS would take the child,” Walker said.

May that precious little babe never have contact with his birth parents or any member of their families. May his life be a blessing to someone who truly deserves a son. May he know love and how to love. MOO

Last edited:
Not sure if this is happening today, but I did find this on the court documents awhile back. But not showing up again.... But just in case - I shall post this.

Wednesday, June 19th:
*Docket Hearing (re Interfering)– (@ 1:30pm CT) - TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 4, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK 1/15/19) – only for *Cedric Joseph Marks (44) (ex bf of Scott’s) arrested (1/8/19) in Kent County, Mich. for a burglary warrant, waived extradition to Texas. Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/10/19) with capital murder of multiple persons, interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer, violating protective order, burglary habitation intend. $2,016,500 Bond ($16,500 on charges of interference with an emergency call, making a false police report & violation of a protection order, bond for the burglary charge is $250K, the murder of multiple persons is carrying a bond of $1.5 million & $250K for tampering w/evidence.).
Charged & indicted (3/13/19) & arraigned (3/29/19) with 1st degree felony burglary (on 8/21/18 at Scott’s home). Plead not guilty to all charges.
Court information from 2/3/19 thru 4/10/19 reference post #710 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

4/26/19: Arraignment for burglary charges. Docket hearing on interfering w/emerg call, etc. on 6/19, trial on 6/24.
5/24/19: Pretrial hearing for murder charges scheduled for 6/27.
*Maya Renee Maxwell – Pretrial hearing on 6/21.
*Ginell McDonough – Last pretrial hearing on 5/24. No updates as of 6/17.

I just finished reading this entire thread. I’m from Houston and was aware of this tragedy and his attempted escape but had no idea of the horrific details.

Love and prayers to you and your family, Aunt Deb; as well as the Swearingin family, Pease and Andre Ogan families.

He is a monster...a pathetic piece of trash, that should have been locked away years ago.

I found this article about April, with more details than I’ve seen before. It’s from 2011. I’ll post in in April’s thread also. Starts on page 1A. Just search for Pease and it will take you right to it. It’s from Bloomington newspaper.

D3-Bloomington-12-15-11wb

Friday, June 21st:
*Pretrial Hearing – (@ 8:45 am CT) – TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 4, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK 1/15/19) – for *Maya Renee Maxwell (26) (Mark’s GF) arrested (1/11/19) & extradited from MI to TX (1/16/19), charged (1/16/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/26/19) with capital murder of multiple persons & 3rd degree tampering or fabricating physical evidence. $750K bond.
Maxwell admitted in an arrest affidavit she took Swearingin’s car and drove it to Austin to hide it, was in the house with Marks when he reportedly killed Swearingin and Scott, drove with him to Oklahoma and was there when the bodies were buried.
4/3/19 Update: Indicted with 3rd degree tampering or fabricating physical evidence. Bond increased to $750K. Retrial hearing on 4/25. Arraignment scheduled on 4/26.
4/26/19 Update: Charged with capital murder of multiple persons. For both counts next hearing on 5/3. 5/3/19 Update: Waives her arraignment. Next pretrial hearing on 5/24. 5/23/19: Per article hearing has been moved to June, but no specific date. 5/24/19: Next hearing on 6/21.

*Cedric Joseph Marks – Pretrial hearing on 6/27.
*Ginell McDonough – Pretrial Settlement Conference hearing on 9/12.

Not sure IF this happening today....

*Trial set to begin (re Interfering) – (@ 9am CT) - TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 4, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK 1/15/19) – only for *Cedric Joseph Marks (44) (ex bf of Scott’s) arrested (1/8/19) in Kent County, Mich. for a burglary warrant, waived extradition to Texas. Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/10/19) with interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer, violating protective order, burglary habitation intend.
Trial on 6/24/19 for these charges.
*Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/10/19) with capital murder of multiple persons, $2,016,500 Bond. ($16,500 on charges of interference with an emergency call, making a false police report & violation of a protection order, bond for the burglary charge is $250K, the murder of multiple persons is carrying a bond of $1.5 million & $250K for tampering w/evidence.).
*Charged & indicted (3/13/19) & arraigned (4/26/19) with 1st degree felony burglary (on 8/21/18 at Scott’s home). Plead not guilty to all charges.
Court information from 2/3/19 thru 4/10/19 reference post #710 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

Trial starts 6/24/19 for misdemeanor charges (interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer & violating protective order).

5/24/19 Update: Murder charges Pretrial hearing on 6/27.
*Maya Renee Maxwell – Pretrial hearing on 6/21.
*Ginell McDonough – Last Pretrial hearing on 9/12.

Okay.... "somewhere" I got the idea that Maxwell's court hearing on 6/21 was moved to 6/27. But it is no longer on the court site. I KNOW I was NOT imagine seeing it there.... :rolleyes:

Thursday, June 27th:
*Pretrial Hearing – (@ 1:30pm CT) - TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 3, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK, Jan. 15, 2019) – Only for *Cedric Joseph Marks (44) (ex bf of Scott’s) arrested (1/8/19) in Kent County, Mich. For a burglary warrant, waived extradition to Texas. Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with capital murder of multiple persons, tampering with evidence, interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer, violating protective order, burglary habitation intend. Plead not guilty. $2,016,500 Bond ($16,500 on charges of interference with an emergency call, making a false police report & violation of a protection order, bond for the burglary charge is $250K, the murder of multiple persons is carrying a bond of $1.5 million & tampering with evidence is $250K).
*Charged & indicted (3/13/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with 1st degree felony burglary (on 8/21/18 at Scott’s home). Plead not guilty.
*Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer, violating protective order, burglary habitation intend. Plead not guilty. Trial 6/24/19 for these charges.
Pretrial hearing on 6/19, trial on 6/24-for burglary charge. Have NO idea what is going on with this case….
Court information from 2/3/19 thru 4/10/19 reference post #710 here: Found Deceased - TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019
4/26/19: Arraignment for burglary charges on 4/26. Docket hearing on interfering w/emerg call, etc. on 6/19, trial on 6/24.
4/26/19 Update: Arraignment was postponed as the jail did not know Marks had a hearing today. Moved to 5/10.
5/10/19 Update: Plead not guilty to all charges. Bond motion hearings on 5/17. 5/17/19: Next hearing on 5/22. Could be bond motion hearing.
5/22/19 Update: Article says Marks will be in court on 5/24.
5/24/19 Update: Next hearing for murder charges is pretrial hearing on 6/27.

I'll put it here - just in case...
ALSO:
*Pretrial Hearing – (@ am CT) – MI/TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 4, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK 1/15/19) – Only for *Maya Renee Maxwell (26) (Mark’s GF) arrested (1/11/19) & extradited from MI to TX (1/16/19), charged (1/16/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/26/19) with capital murder of multiple persons & 3rd degree tampering or fabricating physical evidence. $750K bond.
Maxwell admitted in an arrest affidavit she took Swearingin’s car and drove it to Austin to hide it, was in the house with Marks when he reportedly killed Swearingin and Scott, drove with him to Oklahoma and was there when the bodies were buried.
4/3/19 Update: Indicted with 3rd degree tampering or fabricating physical evidence. Bond increased to $750K. Retrial hearing on 4/25. Arraignment scheduled on 4/26.
4/26/19 Update: Charged with capital murder of multiple persons. For both counts next hearing on 5/3. 5/3/19 Update: Waives her arraignment. Next pretrial hearing on 5/24. 5/23/19: Per article hearing has been moved to June, but no specific date. 5/24/19: Next hearing on 6/21. 6/21/19: Hearing moved to 6/27. ??

*Ginell McDonough – Next pretrial hearing on 9/12.

Okay.... "somewhere" I got the idea that Maxwell's court hearing on 6/21 was moved to 6/27. But it is no longer on the court site. I KNOW I was NOT imagine seeing it there.... :rolleyes:
RSBM for focus:
I wasn’t able to find her name on the docket, but it appears that Marks had a hearing scheduled for 1:30 PM today.

Also, it looks like he now has a different attorney for the capital murder charge (the docket only shows his/her last name, “Calhoun”):
4F7EDF90-C205-4048-AF60-0A7BB2C8FB45.jpeg
http://www.co.bell.tx.us/districtcoord/CSTMR/cjdo0001r.pdf [“PAGE 0005” in the upper right-hand corner]

Bell County, TX

And I just found this article ;):

3:05 PM [CDT] Jun 27, 2019
“Cedric Marks was scheduled to appear in Bell County District Court on Thursday afternoon for a pre-trial hearing. Marks is accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and her friend in January.

[SBM]

Henry Garza, Bell County district attorney, has not announced whether or not he will pursue the death penalty.

‘[Garza] has been very tight-lipped about it, but we fully expect him to,’ said Michael White, Marks' attorney.

[SBM]

White was accompanied by Alex Calhoun. Calhoun is a capital lawyer from the Regional Public Defenders Office who was appointed to Marks' case a little more than a month ago.

The next pre-trial hearing is scheduled for Aug. 29.” (BBM)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kx...hearings-begin-in-cedric-marks-case?_amp=true

Thank you (again!!) for this info inmyhumbleopinion!

I don't know "where" you find these articles - I guess my google is different than yours!
48x48px-LL-5c01b62f_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-060.gif
It must "block" stuff over here...

So.... from what I understand - hopefully correct! :) The murder part will be separate from his other charges? Or will they be on the same day? Aug. 29th?

Cedric Marks’ pretrial delayed; judge criticizes waste of court’s time

District Judge Fancy Jezek’s courtroom.

Marks, who is accused of a capital murder of multiple persons, tampering with evidence, burglary of a habitation with intent of other felony and several misdemeanor offenses, wasn’t in court Thursday.

He is charged with the homicides of Temple residents 28-year-old Jenna Scott, ex-girlfriend, and 32-year-old Michael Swearingin, Scott’s friend. Maya Maxwell, Marks’ girlfriend, is also accused of capital murder of multiple persons and tampering with evidence. Both remained in the Bell County Jail on Thursday. Jezek wasn’t happy with either the defense or the prosecutor’s office when she told them not to take up the court’s time next time if they didn’t have anything to do.

“Call me and we can do it by phone instead,” Jezek said. Family and friends of Swearingin were in the courtroom, and their expressions showed their dismay that another court date was changed. Two public defenders from the Regional Public Defenders for Capital Cases office were added to the defense team for Marks more than a month ago. Present to represent Marks was Alexander Calhoun, and joining him in the future will be Robert Cowie, Calhoun said. Making up the rest of the team is Michael White, who is Marks’ court-appointed attorney.

Calhoun received some discovery Wednesday night and is expected to get more within three weeks or a month, Assistant District Attorney Michael Waldman confirmed for the prosecution. Then Calhoun will need about a month to become familiar with the case and the discovery evidence, Calhoun said.

The new pretrial was set for 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 29.

Calhoun also requested money to reimburse the team for documents needed to defend Marks — like information on his background, history, mental health and education. Jezek advised him to submit receipts for reimbursement and approved the amount up to $1,500.

White believes bringing the regional public defenders in on this case is a good idea if Bell County District Attorney Henry Garza seeks the death penalty if Marks is convicted of capital murder of multiple persons.

“Garza’s been very tight-lipped,” White said of the lack of announcement from Garza’s office about a death penalty decision.

“However, I thoroughly expect the death penalty (being sought),” White added.

“We hope to do a good job finding justice in this case,” Calhoun said after the brief hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven