Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Knox Logan is the greatest small town, very close knit community. Primarily Latter Day Saint population, Utah, of course, but also an eclectic group of diverse cultures because of the university. Logan is the type of place that you let kids play outside, ride bikes, it feels "safe".

It appears her cover photo is a family picture in which AW is present.

Surprising.

Jessica is posting on facebook again, this time people are being kind and supportive. She has a special resilience about her which I imagine Lizzy had too. I hope the Logan community continues to support this family. The hardest time comes later when the activity ceases and quiet sets in.

It appears her cover photo is a family picture in which AW is present.

Surprising.
I think it is a good decision on her part, to keep that family photo up for now. My first impression when I saw it was that it showed how, at one time, he was just 'her brother.' Many people have brothers who have drug problems or steal, etc. But that doesn't mean one thinks they would rape and kill your 5 yr old. It is so unfathomable.

I'd think he'd look more evil if he just looked normal, unaffected, like nothing happened.

This look, to me, tells me he has completely destroyed himself. Maybe in a fog, he convinced himself he'd get away with it in the heat of the moment. Maybe he was lashing out and didn't care. Maybe he fell into the trap of believing none of this is real, complete break from reality. NOW he's in the here and now. Everyone he encounters knows what he has done, and everyone he sees is just one iota of impulse control shy of beating him to a pulp. His soul is twisted, and there's no reversing or escaping from it. No way out but through, and through is a long way away.

Maybe he was borderline insanity before it happened. Now that it's done, he's gone forever.

MOO

BBM

He is one scary looking dude. He terrifies me. I can't imagine how scared Lizzy must have been. I can feel his anger. His eyes have no depth. Absolutely black. The way he holds his mouth is frightening as well. He wants to unleash his anger. You can see and feel it. Wow! He's angry at everyone. It's not his fault, no responsibility will be taken here. It's everyone else's fault. Scary scary guy.

Lots of things I'd like to say but I would get banned.

I just hope what's left of his life is pure hell from this point onward.

MOO

BBM

He is one scary looking dude. He terrifies me. I can't imagine how scared Lizzy must have been. I can feel his anger. His eyes have no depth. Absolutely black. The way he holds his mouth is frightening as well. He wants to unleash his anger. You can see and feel it. Wow! He's angry at everyone. It's not his fault, no responsibility will be taken here. It's everyone else's fault. Scary scary guy.

Lots of things I'd like to say but I would get banned.

I just hope what's left of his life is pure hell from this point onward.

MOO

When I saw his picture, it flashed to me, a young Charles Manson. Of course, AW never had the charismatic personality of Charles Manson, but the parallels of their childhood are striking.

This is the rare case involving a young girl being taken and later killed that I strongly believe doesn't involve a sexual component. His use of a knife (if that was the murder weapon), his anger and rage, and background make me think this was more about his sociopathic desire to hurt someone, someone as others have suggested was loved and had love and other security and safety he never felt he had. No excuses - that he chose to take this anger and resentment out on the most helpless of victims is beyond despicable. He had the opportunities for treatment, for help, after his initial DUI arrest and time, and he chose to start using substances again instead of dealing with and coping with his issues.

ALL MOO.

Also, Lizzy's obituary broke my heart. Rest in peace little Rainbow Girl, and fly high with your Rainbow Wings.

I lived in Logan for about 30 years before moving to southern Utah three years ago. I heard about this case because I got an emergency alert on my cel "asking residents to search their own property thoroughly and nearby property as much as possible."

The beginning of the message was garbled so I looked at the phone number, recognized it as probably being in Logan, verified with reverse directory - yep, Logan PD. Evidently the cel number I obtained while living there is still on the local roster. I googled and then came here and read the ongoing threads. (I joined many years ago because of the JonBenet and Caylee Anthony cases).

Logan and the other little towns that make up Cache Valley are small enough that most people in the residential areas are fairly plugged into their neighbor's situation (not out in the farmland, obviously). I can't think of even one neighbor I had over the years where the concept of "private property" would stop me or them from thoroughly romping the yard or field and outbuildings next door or down the street or a mile away - and yet, sadly, it happened.

I will say I wasn't hopeful that the search for Lizzy would be well and professionally done and I think that was borne out by her body being overlooked in the next block over from her residence.

The KUTV map linked below marks the two houses in question; the same neighborhood on the google map will zoom. Center Street, from the east side of town to the west side, is the heart of Logan's historic district, where the pioneer polygamists had large homes and larger yards. Even the smaller homes in that district have large yards.

Using satellite view, look at where Lizzy's house is, look at the charter school parking lot directly across the street. Crossing the street to the school and going to the end of the school's parking lot took him 2/3 of the way to where he hid her body (under the large tree that looks like brown cauliflower). After walking north to the end of the parking lot he turned left/west, went across the back of two empty yards, and left her under the tree.

It's less than one block and at the most two minutes from her front door to where her body was found.

In that particular Center Street block, look at the large area made up of four (at this time of year) untended and unplanted back yards and add that to the size of the parking lot. He traveled through the only deserted and undeveloped space on that entire block and that's also where he left her. He only had to worry about being seen or heard by one house, the house next to the school's parking lot.

One block west you can easily see Cafe Sabor in front of the train track that runs north and south along 600 West, and Western Mechanical on 700 West behind the train track where he was captured on video. It's two blocks and probably three minutes from where he left her body to Western Mechanical.

For the last two years Cache Valley has suffered from a plague of every variety of abuse and neglect - I don't remember anything like it before. I've gotten used to bracing myself before reading the newspaper online. I talked with a former neighbor recently and she said the same thing.

I've seen some posts wondering about the defense attorney. Cache Valley is like a lot of small and insular communities. Prosecutors file high and defense attorneys are the counterweight to that. If more people had a clue about the charges they will probably end up with (even without very much legal maneuvering) as opposed to the charges that are initially filed - they would opt for a public defender, but everyone panics. There is a comfortable and self-perpetuating system in place that benefits The Powers That Be. His attorney has handled probably 95% of Cache Valley's "big" cases for the last 25 years and 65% of the rest, and he is not camera-shy.

Logan PD and Cache County Sheriffs for the most part are good at what they do; missteps are usually because of politics and personalities. Last year a CC sheriff "forgot" his K-9 partner in the back of the truck and he died of heat stroke over 4th of July weekend. The officer was fired and pleaded guilty to animal cruelty. About 5 years ago the animal control officer in an outlying town left an impounded dog unattended in a kennel over 4 days in June and that dog died; he tried to hide his crime by dumping the body in the landfill and he resigned. I do remember that the city refused to release his name for awhile (which was easy enough for any local to find out by asking around), I don't recall how that was resolved.

Last January, one of the outlying city managers pointed a loaded 9mm handgun at three employees during a meeting. He was demoted (not fired, demoted) but family connections (including a son-in-law on the city council) got him reinstated; two of those employees resigned and filed a grievance which I don't think has been adjudicated yet.

Preston, Idaho is about 40 miles north of Logan and geographically and philosophically a part of Cache Valley. A Preston junior high school science teacher was acquitted of animal cruelty last year after feeding a live (allegedly sickly) puppy to a snapping turtle in front of some students. IIRC a boa turned up his nose at the offering so the turtle got it instead. The movie Napoleon Dynamite was filmed in Preston, to give you an idea of the local flavor in this part of the country.

I hope this post has provided some insight into what has already happened and what transpires as you continue to follow this case.

Neighbor says he was feet away from Elizabeth Shelley's body during first search day

Google Maps
google maps Bear River Charter School

Last edited:
I lived in Logan for about 30 years before moving to southern Utah three years ago. I heard about this case because I got an emergency alert on my cel "asking residents to search their own property thoroughly and nearby property as much as possible."

The beginning of the message was garbled so I looked at the phone number, recognized it as probably being in Logan, verified with reverse directory - yep, Logan PD. Evidently the cel number I obtained while living there is still on the local roster. I googled and then came here and read the ongoing threads. (I joined many years ago because of the JonBenet and Caylee Anthony cases).

Logan and the other little towns that make up Cache Valley are small enough that most people in the residential areas are fairly plugged into their neighbor's situation (not out in the farmland, obviously). I can't think of even one neighbor I had over the years where the concept of "private property" would stop me or them from thoroughly romping the yard or field and outbuildings next door or down the street or a mile away - and yet, sadly, it happened.

I will say I wasn't hopeful that the search for Lizzy would be well and professionally done and I think that was borne out by her body being overlooked in the next block over from her residence.

The KUTV map linked below marks the two houses in question; the same neighborhood on the google map will zoom. Center Street, from the east side of town to the west side, is the heart of Logan's historic district, where the pioneer polygamists had large homes and larger yards. Even the smaller homes in that district have large yards.

Using satellite view, look at where Lizzy's house is, look at the charter school parking lot directly across the street. Crossing the street to the school and going to the end of the school's parking lot took him 2/3 of the way to where he hid her body (under the large tree that looks like brown cauliflower). After walking north to the end of the parking lot he turned left/west, went across the back of two empty yards, and left her under the tree.

It's less than one block and at the most two minutes from her front door to where her body was found.

In that particular Center Street block, look at the large area made up of four (at this time of year) untended and unplanted back yards and add that to the size of the parking lot. He traveled through the only deserted and undeveloped space on that entire block and that's also where he left her. He only had to worry about being seen or heard by one house, the house next to the school's parking lot.

One block west you can easily see Cafe Sabor in front of the train track that runs north and south along 600 West, and Western Mechanical on 700 West behind the train track where he was captured on video. It's two blocks and probably three minutes from where he left her body to Western Mechanical.

For the last two years Cache Valley has suffered from a plague of every variety of abuse and neglect - I don't remember anything like it before. I've gotten used to bracing myself before reading the newspaper online. I talked with a former neighbor recently and she said the same thing.

I've seen some posts wondering about the defense attorney. Cache Valley is like a lot of small and insular communities. Prosecutors file high and defense attorneys are the counterweight to that. If more people had a clue about the charges they will probably end up with (even without very much legal maneuvering) as opposed to the charges that are initially filed - they would opt for a public defender, but everyone panics. There is a comfortable and self-perpetuating system in place that benefits The Powers That Be. His attorney has handled probably 95% of Cache Valley's "big" cases for the last 25 years and 65% of the rest, and he is not camera-shy.

Logan PD and Cache County Sheriffs for the most part are good at what they do; missteps are usually because of politics and personalities. Last year a CC sheriff "forgot" his K-9 partner in the back of the truck and he died of heat stroke over 4th of July weekend. The officer was fired and pleaded guilty to animal cruelty. About 5 years ago the animal control officer in an outlying town left an impounded dog unattended in a kennel over 4 days in June and that dog died; he tried to hide his crime by dumping the body in the landfill and he resigned. I do remember that the city refused to release his name for awhile (which was easy enough for any local to find out by asking around), I don't recall how that was resolved.

Last January, one of the outlying city managers pointed a loaded 9mm handgun at three employees during a meeting. He was demoted (not fired, demoted) but family connections (including a son-in-law on the city council) got him reinstated; two of those employees resigned and filed a grievance which I don't think has been adjudicated yet.

Preston, Idaho is about 40 miles north of Logan and geographically and philosophically a part of Cache Valley. A Preston junior high school science teacher was acquitted of animal cruelty last year after feeding a live (allegedly sickly) puppy to a snapping turtle in front of some students. IIRC a boa turned up his nose at the offering so the turtle got it instead. The movie Napoleon Dynamite was filmed in Preston, to give you an idea of the local flavor in this part of the country.

I hope this post has provided some insight into what has already happened and what transpires as you continue to follow this case.

Neighbor says he was feet away from Elizabeth Shelley's body during first search day

Google Maps
google maps Bear River Charter School

Interesting to say the least and a lot of food for thought. It is always good to hear a local perspective.

Every time I read of Logan being a small town I think of a small town, like maybe 5,000 people, you know, one grocery store, one or two gas stations, maybe a dollar store. This "town" of something like 50,000 is a very small city not town imo. I just want to point that out to those who think like I do. I keep picturing a small town and it is not, imo anyhow.

The google maps have made it clear the shortcut from her house to where he hid her is close by and an easy direct route for him. He apparently did something to her somewhere along the way, hence the skirt and other items and then went on to hide her? Or do we think he disposed of those items afterwards, i.e., her skirt, the pipe, the knife...

Jmo.

wire-14356306-1559656749-572_634x443.jpg

My thoughts are with Jessica today Funeral set for 5-year-old who police say was slain by... | Daily Mail Online

I think it is a good decision on her part, to keep that family photo up for now. My first impression when I saw it was that it showed how, at one time, he was just 'her brother.' Many people have brothers who have drug problems or steal, etc. But that doesn't mean one thinks they would rape and kill your 5 yr old. It is so unfathomable.

Rape? Has this been confirmed?.

I really really hope this is not the case. That poor swert baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz