Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2017-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Less than 100 acres” :(

(Desiree audio at link)

This morning we're hearing from Kyron's mom, Desiree Young. She did an interview w/ former KATU anchor @MattJohnsonNEWS for his podcast & he shared some of it w/ us (thank you, Matt). Here she talks about the narrowed search area -->
Genevieve Reaume on Twitter

I wish I had the time and flexibility to go out there and join in the search. Although they're going to have to be using some sophisticated techniques if they think they're going to find a body, buried or not, after 9 years. Hopefully a mistake was made that will help lead to that find.

I wish I had the time and flexibility to go out there and join in the search. Although they're going to have to be using some sophisticated techniques if they think they're going to find a body, buried or not, after 9 years. Hopefully a mistake was made that will help lead to that find.

I agree and I do think he’s buried up in the Skyline hills.

We know that TMH had the truck the day before, on June 3rd, and IMO I think she prepared a place in advance.

There was also some speculation about a large, blue Rubbermaid tote they used for recycling aluminum cans (shown in photos on the Horman front porch), being missing after Kyron went missing. **This information was reported to MCSO.

My theory is she put the blue Rubbermaid tote in the bed of the pickup to transport the science project to the school. It was raining that morning and she had two boys, a baby, a car seat and herself inside of a pickup truck. No room for a large science project inside of the cab so it was transported to the school inside the storage tote in the bed of the truck. They went to the science fair, Kyron went missing and so did the blue storage tote.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
~snip

Young recently spoke with former KATU News anchor Matt Johnson, who now has his own podcast called “True Crime Deadline.” Johnson shared some of the interview with KATU News.

In it, Young says investigators have made significant progress in the past year and a half and have narrowed down a search area.

“I don’t know if I can give a specific number because law enforcement has asked me not to share it, but I would say with all the new information we have narrowed it down to less than 100 acres,” she said.

She says part of what’s helped investigators narrow their search is new computer evidence and technology. She says the progress detectives have made in the past year and a half is probably more than they’ve made in the entire case.

Young is now asking anyone who’s shared a tip to law enforcement previously to share it again with them through their Facebook page.

“If they provide that to us, we will make sure law enforcement gets it and follow up and that has provided some new information to us,” she said.

On 9th anniversary of disappearance, Kyron Horman's mom will make special announcement

Last edited:
PORTLAND, Ore — Desiree Young, the mother of Kyron Horman, has been working with a best-selling author to write a book about the disappearance of her son. Kyron was in second grade when he disappeared from Skyline School on June 4, 2010.

“It has been nine years of not knowing where he went or what happened to him,” said Young, “My heart is broken.”

The Kyron Horman case has been one of the most scrutinized and obsessed over cases in Oregon history. Nine years ago Kyron was last seen by his family and we still don’t know what happened to him. Nobody has ever been charged with a crime related to this disappearance.

The new book, titled “Love You Forever – The Search for Kyron Horman,” is written by true crime author Rebecca Morris. It will be published later this year.

Young said any money she receives from the book will go to a nonprofit that aims to help missing children and their families.

~snip

Young said she grew suspicious of Kyron's stepmother, Terri Horman, immediately after he disappeared.

Terri Horman has previously admitted she failed a lie detector test. She also had difficulty piecing together her whereabouts the day Kyron disappeared, according to Young.

“That was the day our world was turned upside down,” said Young. “There’s no way she doesn’t know where she was at.”

Young discussed other reasons she was suspicious. At one point she said Horman requested additional time from investigators to type up a timeline of her activity after providing conflicting accounts.

Horman initially told police she had visited several locations, including a craft store, on the day Kyron disappeared. But according to Young, she later revised her timeline.

“There were so many different versions of what she was telling people about where she was at,” said Young.

Early on in the case, Young claims Horman sent police in the wrong direction by driving with investigators to a location that turned up nothing.

“She had thrown out one location where Kyron could be. It was not accurate whatsoever,” said Young.

Additionally, Young said Horman made several odd statements, including one about possible physical evidence in the case.

She was talking about DNA in the back of the truck and I just thought, ‘How are you not upset by this?” Young said. “Why would there by Kyron’s DNA in the back of the truck? I don’t understand. It was upsetting me, but she was not skipping a beat, she was talking about it like it was nothing, trying to justify it.”

“Terri was on a whole other playing field. It was one against three,” said Young. “She was not looking out for Kyron. She was not interested in helping in any way.”

Terri Horman was not available for comment for this story. She is currently living in California and uses a different last name, Vazquez, after getting remarried.

She has not been charged in connection with Kyron’s disappearance.

“The case is very active,” said Young. “It has been a flurry of activity.”

Young said police have “new evidence” related to computer and phone activity. She confirmed law enforcement has conducted several searches in the past nine months at undisclosed locations.

“We’ve got new technology,” said Young. “Things are changing all the time.”

~snip

Kyron Horman’s mom to release book, shares new details about investigation

Attachments

• 7F9DCC22-1306-47C6-B954-6BC1B5F4D2BB.png
    7F9DCC22-1306-47C6-B954-6BC1B5F4D2BB.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
“Less than 100 acres” :(

(Desiree audio at link)

This morning we're hearing from Kyron's mom, Desiree Young. She did an interview w/ former KATU anchor @MattJohnsonNEWS for his podcast & he shared some of it w/ us (thank you, Matt). Here she talks about the narrowed search area -->
Genevieve Reaume on Twitter

The last LE search I remember being in the news was down off Hwy 30
Link to article Deputies confirm weekend search off Hwy 30 was tied to Kyron Horman investigation

I travel over Cornelius Pass frequently, at least a few times a month, and down to Hwy 30 past the last search area.
*edit - Cornelius Pass will be closed for construction this summer for any locals that may have missed this in the news KATU News on Twitter
IMG_20190604_081122.jpg

Wow, wouldn't it be nice to know the 100 acres that law enforcement has narrowed it down to.

As a local and someone who heard and followed this from the start (heard the call go out over my scanner) I am so happy to hear some sort of confirmation that they have been searching.

I looked up my photo bucket of all the pics I did of the previous searches
ubrmel ubrmel's Library

But I can tell you that just Saturday I was commenting how much the trees have grown in at least one of the search areas. Below is a 2010 picture, those trees are way way taller now.
8.jpg

Last edited:
The last LE search I remember being in the news was down off Hwy 30
Link to article Deputies confirm weekend search off Hwy 30 was tied to Kyron Horman investigation

I travel over Cornelius Pass frequently, at least a few times a month, and down to Hwy 30 past the last search area.
*edit - Cornelius Pass will be closed for construction this summer for any locals that may have missed this in the news KATU News on Twitter
View attachment 187643

Wow, wouldn't it be nice to know the 100 acres that law enforcement has narrowed it down to.

As a local and someone who heard and followed this from the start (heard the call go out over my scanner) I am so happy to hear some sort of confirmation that they have been searching.

I looked up my photo bucket of all the pics I did of the previous searches
ubrmel ubrmel's Library

But I can tell you that just Saturday I was commenting how much the trees have grown in at least one of the search areas. Below is a 2010 picture, those trees are way way taller now.
View attachment 187644

I was just watching a live news broadcast that Kyle Iboshi did on KGW answering viewers questions.
He said that there’s been quite a few searches in the past 3-4 years and he said that Desiree told him there’s more planned for the future.

Kyle said that these searches are never announced by LE and the only way he finds out about them is when a local sends him a message to let him know they’ve seen searchers in a certain area and then he makes calls to confirm.

He said, the searches have extended out away from the school, through the Skyline Ridge all the way to Sauvie Island.
So, it sounds like they’re still concentrated on those same areas since the beginning.

JMO

Last edited:
Videos I made long ago but shows how the Skyline and Sauvies Island area looked back when he went missing

My photobucket account is restricted unless I pay more money so I'll be transferring those pictures to another platform soon

Videos I made long ago but shows how the Skyline and Sauvies Island area looked back when he went missing

My photobucket account is restricted unless I pay more money so I'll be transferring those pictures to another platform soon

Your videos are beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. They made me cry. Thank you for sharing them.

It was such a HUGE effort and outpouring to find him. And the photos of Kyron’s Wall of Hope with all of the children's cards. It just breaks my heart.

I can't wait to read Desiree's book!

*You can subscribe at the link below to be notified of the books release date.

Love You Forever

The Search for Kyron Horman

On the morning of June 4, 2010, the boy with the toothy smile, crewcut and glasses posed in front of his science project, a diorama about the red-eyed tree frog.

Seven-year old Kyron Horman grinned for a photo taken by his step-mother. She said he walked toward his second-grade classroom at Skyline Elementary School in Portland and turned to wave at her. Then he vanished.

For the first time, the story of Kyron’s disappearance is told in Love You Forever – The Search for Kyron Horman. Based on years of research and hundreds of hours of interviews with his mother, Desiree Young, and others, the book is the true story of the boy’s disappearance, the suspicion that quickly fell on one member of a messy blended family, and how Desiree Young turned grief into advocacy.

Love You Forever – Rebecca Morris

I just wanted to share, in case Kyron's family reads these forums, I hope you find your son/loved one and please know that his story has helped possibility save others.

I work as an elementary school teacher and heard Kyron's story on the True Crime Garage podcast a while back. His story has stuck with me and I share it with every teacher and administrator I meet with. Every teacher who hears Kyron's story keeps the story with them and it has now become a chain of passed stories to inform others. It's changed ways we take attendance at my school and most importantly changed how we run our STEM fair (science fair) because we had a system similar to Kyron's school. When I heard the story I could put myself in the teacher's shoes, being late to report Kyron missing because kids come late back from things like this all the time.

Oh my God, I love you Desiree. After hearing you describe how you picked the title to your book, I started bawling. I’m still sitting here bawling. I read that book to my baby boy, now alive and a happy 17 and I too would cry at the end of it. I’ve followed Kyron from the day he went missing and want you to know that I and all of us here will NEVER, EVER forget your son Kyron.

I just wanted to share, in case Kyron's family reads these forums, I hope you find your son/loved one and please know that his story has helped possibility save others.

I work as an elementary school teacher and heard Kyron's story on the True Crime Garage podcast a while back. His story has stuck with me and I share it with every teacher and administrator I meet with. Every teacher who hears Kyron's story keeps the story with them and it has now become a chain of passed stories to inform others. It's changed ways we take attendance at my school and most importantly changed how we run our STEM fair (science fair) because we had a system similar to Kyron's school. When I heard the story I could put myself in the teacher's shoes, being late to report Kyron missing because kids come late back from things like this all the time.

WELCOME TED! So nice to have you here. Love what you wrote. I hope Kyron’s mama sees it, too.
This case brought me to WS all those years ago. Being from Portland and having a son that is 11 days older than Ky really hits me hard. Still think about him and I’m sure always will. There are still missing posters around the Portland area and I want to cry when I see them :( I watch my 16 year old playing baseball and just being a typical teen and it upsets/infuriates me that Ky won’t ever have typical teen experiences and his mama won’t have the laughs with Ky like she should have. Desiree should be occasionally rolling her eyes at her teens antics and laughing at the quickly disappearing milk and food in the fridge. Instead she’s still searching for her baby. Oh the heartbreak....
Anyways good to see everyone again and a warm welcome to you Ted.

My little brother is the same age as Kyron would be, and he had those same rounded glasses and goofy, toothless smile at that age. He also was by my mom's terms a "little encyclopedia," and wants to become a chemist, which I'm guessing would be incredibly similar to Kyron based off of how hard he worked on that science project :)
Just thinking of how my brother has been able to flourish while Kyron was given a death sentence by someone he loved makes me absolutely angry.
100 acres is a large area, and it has been a long time since disappeared, but I'm hopeful that this new development will mean that Desiree can finally put her little boy to rest.

My little brother is the same age as Kyron would be, and he had those same rounded glasses and goofy, toothless smile at that age. He also was by my mom's terms a "little encyclopedia," and wants to become a chemist, which I'm guessing would be incredibly similar to Kyron based off of how hard he worked on that science project :)
Just thinking of how my brother has been able to flourish while Kyron was given a death sentence by someone he loved makes me absolutely angry.
100 acres is a large area, and it has been a long time since disappeared, but I'm hopeful that this new development will mean that Desiree can finally put her little boy to rest.

most significantly: it was someone he loved AND TRUSTED- the betrayal is always the worst, the saddest---the most horrific aspect of the crime is the absolute innocence of the victim--blindsided by evil--- there just has to be justice for Kyron----hopefully the evil-doer will not get away with her horrific crime.

Well if that doesn't break your heart you are a stone cold narcissist and can't feel a thing. I just want to point out the irony of what Terry did. Terry tied to wipe Kyron off the face of the earth, and instead, she put his face and history, his story and memory out to the entire earth to remember him forever. Kind of backfired on you Terry in a huge way. You may have hid his body, but God took his light and lit up his face to the entire World. Karma sucks, big time. Get ready Terry it is coming.

Is it possible that Terri could be charged if they found Kyron's body, or would there not be enough evidence? I sure hope to God that she is brought to justice. She has gotten away with this *advertiser censored* for too long.
Also, is Terri considered a prime suspect on WS? I've never seen a thread allowed to freely make comments about someone who hasn't been charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288