Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakeside Watersports
I wonder if this is where his kids took water skiing lessons. It is right up Rt. 7 from New Canaan.
Google Maps
Quick and easy dump of a body in familiar waters.
He could have made it up and back in the afternoon, having left his phone on the table in the Mt. Spring Road home. Who would know where he had been. No mess either.

Last edited:
The way this is stated makes it sound like JD did something wrong. She didn’t neglect to lock her doors; most newer cars unlock the door automatically when the car is put into park. My last two cars, a 2006 and a 2011 both do/did this. Besides she would have had to unlock it to get out eventually and then she is vulnerable.

Most of us do not close the garage from inside the car. Cannot fault her there. Even if she wasn’t paying attention or wasn’t aware of her surroundings, that isn’t her fault. I’m sure everyone has sat in their parked car to check their phone for a minute or two before getting out. I do this regularly.

Whether she didn’t lock the doors, didn’t close the door right away, or didn’t see him because she wasn’t looking for him, she had the reasonable expectation of being safe in her own garage. In fact, all of these give me the sense that she did feel safe in her home.
I often close the garage from inside the car. Now I understand it might be dangerous.

Maybe it should be standard in such cases. Most women, without Jennifer's wealth, could never afford a bodyguard. But an assignment coming from the court makes more sense because it sends a message to the abuser. What she does after the case has ended is different; the tone of everything will have changed and shifted. But it's really something to consider.

Where would the money for that come from? Every person who alleges abuse is going to be appointed a 24 hour a day armed guard by the state for the pendency of the divorce, which could be years?

Realistically I think that just would never happen. It seems to be an impossibility.

We have a massive homeless problem in our country, aging infrastructure problem, social security issues, food insecurity problems for major parts of the population, housing shortages for people without means, lack of adequate funding for public school education, millions who can't afford health care. But we can find the funds for government funded personal armed guards for every person who alleges domestic violence?

The cost is about $35 per hour x 24 x 7 x 4= about $25,000.00 per month. And that's for one who is not the most highly trained. One who is trained would be much more.

2019 Average Security Guard Cost (with Price Factors)

The rate of actual restraining orders requested in the US is super high.

The rate of those granted is also high.

The best stat I could find estimated 1.2 MILLION active DV RO's on any given day in the US in 2008. Restraining Orders Issued and in Effect in the U.S. | Communicating with Prisoners

That probably includes temporary RO's which typically last about a month until a full hearing can be held.

So if we just look at the cost for one month in the US, that would be 30 billion per month.

And that doesn't include allegations that are denied as not having enough evidence.

I think we have to accept that the government can't prevent all murder and crime.

Jennifer's monster wanted to kill her and nothing but prison or Jennifer disappearing, was going to be able to stop him, IMO.

On another topic, have we heard anything from the father of TM's child?

I hope e goes for custody and gets the child away from that criminal.

Someone here suggested she may kill herself. If she does she could take her child with her.

Agree. Dumb “luck” there was no one at the house that day. I wonder how many runs they tried when there was a deterrent ..

Oddly enough; There are a lot of Ivy League educated street-stupid-men around here, this guy is not unique. *the murder part is unique...

There is “joke” around here about men like FD that go to Ivy League school‘s to marry rich daddy‘s girls to live off of. This is a classic case. I know MANY men like him (not the murder part) living off the wife’s wealthy parents. Many more than living off of the husbands family.

I think this ball started rolling the second JD’s father died; then she filed for divorce and all the wheels came off of this disaster.
Yup, he's just another Ivy League Gigolo.
And with each additional child they had he felt he was more and
more embedded and irreplaceable.

Thinking about this is giving me goosebumps. It's just chilling...
I have thought about both scenarios too. I think he waited, saw her leave and slipped in as she opened the garage door upon her return. If he had been waiting in the garage, I think there is a good chance she would have pulled out of the garage and drove away, never exiting the vehicle. MOO

RBBM, We don't know if he could have also had a key fob to her vehicle and unlocked it from the outside, several times even.

As far as the nanny and grandmother go, I am guessing that JD had mentioned to the nanny at least some of what she was going through as far as custody...I mean, the nanny would have needed to know that the kids were not to be with STBX without supervision. When neither she nor JD's mom could get in touch with JD (and she had missed appointments) they knew something foul had happened. It seems like simple common sense. Thank goodness they acted on their instinct to protect the children.
I agree but I think he just got lucky somehow. She closed the garage door from inside the car and immediately exited since she probably wasn’t carrying too much stuff and had to get on with her day. MOO

The way this is stated makes it sound like JD did something wrong. She didn’t neglect to lock her doors; most newer cars unlock the door automatically when the car is put into park. My last two cars, a 2006 and a 2011 both do/did this. Besides she would have had to unlock it to get out eventually and then she is vulnerable.

Most of us do not close the garage from inside the car. Cannot fault her there. Even if she wasn’t paying attention or wasn’t aware of her surroundings, that isn’t her fault. I’m sure everyone has sat in their parked car to check their phone for a minute or two before getting out. I do this regularly.

Whether she didn’t lock the doors, didn’t close the door right away, or didn’t see him because she wasn’t looking for him, she had the reasonable expectation of being safe in her own garage. In fact, all of these give me the sense that she did feel safe in her home.

I have a client who moved to a gated community to protect herself and her child. He couldn't get past the gates to harass her.

But I'm sure he could get in another way if he was determined to kill her.

Please remember we can only sleuth the POI's / arrested people, not their ex's, families, siblings, etc. Check out page 1 of this thread if you have questions. Thank you for keeping on track with the discussion - let's hope they find something today must be awful going through all that trash IMO

We just spoke with a woman who says she saw Fotis Dulos driving the Friday Jennifer went missing. She said she thought he was on drugs because he kept stopping at trash cans on Albany Ave
@News12CT
this must related to the 7pm ish 4 mile dumping of the garbage bags? I am curious how they can be described as bloody- is the video that sharp? or the 5 they recovered had blood and they are saying they all are bloody? Astounding they had them in an open pick up truck - I'm beginning to think drugs are in play IMO

We just spoke with a woman who says she saw Fotis Dulos driving the Friday Jennifer went missing. She said she thought he was on drugs because he kept stopping at trash cans on Albany Ave
@News12CT
I can believe that, the Hospice nurse for my family member told me they have to be so careful destroying Hospice patients' drugs because addict meticulously go through garbage/trash cans.
So in that neighborhood of North Hartford, they're probably accustomed to seeing that.

Please continue discussion here.

This case is dedicated to discussion about a missing and presumed murdered victim, Jennifer Dulos. You may discuss specific court documents that relate to the issues between the couple, but generalized bashing of the judge is not allowed, and the courts and/or legal system are not the subject of this discussion. Please stay on topic or face possible temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

ETA: Also please note that long, personal anecdotes derail the conversation and make it all about you instead of the case at hand. Such posts are off topic and will be removed at moderator discretion.
for anyone just joining in
ETA: TOS The Rules

Please remember we can only sleuth the POI's / arrested people, not their ex's, families, siblings, etc. Check out page 1 of this thread if you have questions. Thank you for keeping on track with the discussion - let's hope they find something today must be awful going through all that trash IMO
agreed. I deleted my post.

He may have targeted MT as his next source of money. Clearly she has access to it. He probably had the ability to be charming to her. Many women will put up with a lot if they find a guy good looking and charming. For a 51-year-old guy, his looks and physique were better than average, many would think. And if she's a psychopath too, then they would have been a good match. Plus he looked wealthy in that mansion - she may not have known it was all about to fall apart.

I agree. I think FD wanted to live vicariously and financially via his kids. He would never be a world class champion water skier but he could be the father of one. He also needed access to any money through them.

MT I have no idea why she was attracted to him. Maybe at first he was charming and she thought he was a prize and a ticket to $ but had to realize quickly it was a house of cards ready to fall. I am unsure about the money part of it though seeing as she grew up with money, married mo ey the first time and seemed to have been semi successful before him.

This is going going to end up a a Cohen Bros. Movie
with Holly Hunter as MT

Missing mom of five Jennifer Dulos' mother-in-law, Kleopatra Dulos, 77, died after a bizarre accident in the driveway of the family's home in Avon, Connecticut, in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member