GUILTY IN - Ryan Martin, 29, murdered in suspect Talmadge Jasper's home, Lafayette, 23 May 2019

Did any of the reports say they had proof of him being at RM house? I pulled up and it looked like SR just told police he was there. Wondering if she was able to show proof? I'm sure in a case like this you wouldn't want a public defender. So many twist.
IDK P-Girl12, but I speculate they would back up the GF's claim with forensic evidence. So many twists, for sure! Trying to sort this all out, and I really believe there is much more to come.

Amateur opinion and speculation

@Purduegirl12 from your post detailing RM's charges, I copied this bit below that shows the court dropped 3 charges - the dealing and operating while having schedule 1 and 2 drugs in his body and possession of paraphernalia (charge II and IIII and V). So they actually convicted him based on the guilty plea to charges I and III. So he was never convicted of dealing.

"Defendant enters plea of guilty to Count I- Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated (Class C Misdemeanor) and Count III- Possession of Marijuana (Class D Felony). The Court finds a factual basis for plea and enters judgment of conviction on the charge of Count I- Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated (Class C Misdemeanor) and Count III- Possession of Marijuana (Class D Felony). Written plea agreement filed. Written advice of rights filed. The Court accepts plea agreement and imposes a fine of $500.00 and sentences defendant to 60 days on Count I and 545 days on Count III to run concurrent for a total of 545 days in custody of the Indiana Department of Corrections."

Well, according to reports in the media, someone saw RM in TJ's apartment. Did his new gf and the friend not leave by 7 like they were supposed to? Who wouldn't think that was a weird ask?
Perhaps new girlfriend was suspicious as to why TJ wanted her gone before he got home. I know I would suspect maybe another girl was coming and I might have stuck around somewhere outside, out of sight, to see if another girl came home with TJ. Just thinking like a young girl. MOO and all that.

Well, according to reports in the media, someone saw RM in TJ's apartment. Did his new gf and the friend not leave by 7 like they were supposed to? Who wouldn't think that was a weird ask?

I agree, I’d think TJ would’ve given them a reason why he asked they vacate the apartment by 7am.

My question would also be how did the two girls know RM? Given it appeared TJ specifically mentioned RM’s name as opposed to “some guy I work with”, they must’ve known who he was.

I’d really like to read the actual affidavit but unfortunately it wasn’t released by the media.

Because it’s still not real clear who saw RM in TJs apartment. Either the two girls observed him as they were leaving or at least one other person was at the apartment earlier that day. I can’t think of another possibility.

“While police investigated a missing persons report on Martin, they learned that he had been seen in Jasper's apartment earlier that day, according to the affidavit.”
Lafayette man killed, found in suspect's apartment

I agree, I’d think TJ would’ve given them a reason why he asked they vacate the apartment by 7am.

My question would also be how did the two girls know RM? Given it appeared TJ specifically mentioned RM’s name as opposed to “some guy I work with”, they must’ve known who he was.

All I can make of it is premeditation. Whether the girls were in on it (where did they go?) is interesting and only speculative and IMO. They did come back later, and being such an early morning crime, I wonder about that.

When Jasper, 19, went to work the third-shift at Arconic late May 22, he told two women — one of whom is identified in the affidavit as his girlfriend —staying the night at his Pheasant Run Apartment to be gone by 7 a.m. the next morning, according to the affidavit. He told them he would get a ride home from work from Martin.

The women left before 7 a.m., and later that morning, Jasper contacted his girlfriend and said Martin had left the apartment, so she and her friend could come over to his home, according to the affidavit.

When the women returned, he told them he threw away the couch cushions and would buy new ones, according to the affidavit.

How a Lafayette murder suspect planned to kill his ex’s boyfriend, according to an affidavit

Hey there to anyone who might know. Did TJ meet Martin at work?

I don’t think we know the answer but good question because I’ve wondered if there’s a secondary connection beyond work and SR.....such as some sort family connection maybe through their respective siblings.

On the topic of jobs, what type of job is a press operator for Arconic?
Would it be similar to this job posted in another city?
Machining Tech III - Press Setup/Operator

If so, totally off-topic but I’m really surprised no other educational qualifications aside from a HS diploma are required...no tech training whatsoever ie machinist.

I don’t think we know the answer but good question because I’ve wondered if there’s a secondary connection beyond work and SR.....such as some sort family connection maybe through their respective siblings.

On the topic of jobs, what type of job is a press operator for Arconic?
Would it be similar to this job posted in another city?
Machining Tech III - Press Setup/Operator

If so, totally off-topic but I’m really surprised no other educational qualifications aside from a HS diploma are required...no tech training whatsoever ie machinist.

Maybe an aptitude for the skill set needed... not sure. It would be interesting to understand how he got that job and any other connections. Thanks for responding because I thought it would be a lonely old post. :( Night all, and thanks for everyone who has posted trying to make sense if it. It seems to get more confusing as more posts are shared.

All I can make of it is premeditation. Whether the girls were in on it (where did they go?) is interesting and only speculative and IMO. They did come back later, and being such an early morning crime, I wonder about that.

When Jasper, 19, went to work the third-shift at Arconic late May 22, he told two women — one of whom is identified in the affidavit as his girlfriend —staying the night at his Pheasant Run Apartment to be gone by 7 a.m. the next morning, according to the affidavit. He told them he would get a ride home from work from Martin.

The women left before 7 a.m., and later that morning, Jasper contacted his girlfriend and said Martin had left the apartment, so she and her friend could come over to his home, according to the affidavit.

When the women returned, he told them he threw away the couch cushions and would buy new ones, according to the affidavit.

How a Lafayette murder suspect planned to kill his ex’s boyfriend, according to an affidavit

I agree, it sounds like premeditation on the surface because we know after-the-fact RM didn’t leave that apartment alive. But by TJ announcing he’s inviting RM over to his apartment in advance with a secret plan to murder him is begging to be arrested IMO.

We know TJ allegedly lied about RM leaving after receiving a text or phone call so TJ ought to have been capable of dreaming up some sort of story in advance to hide RM’s anticipated presence at his apartment, if murdering him was an advance plan.

And as for premeditation, inviting someone to an apartment to be murdered but having no plan other than to place the body in the closet isn’t very brilliant either. Especially if TJ didn’t own a car. So I’m not real sure what was going on.

Maybe an aptitude for the skill set needed... not sure. It would be interesting to understand how he got that job and any other connections. Thanks for responding because I thought it would be a lonely old post. :( Night all, and thanks for everyone who has posted trying to make sense if it. It seems to get more confusing as more posts are shared.
Perhaps a relative or family friend works there and got him a job there.

Pheasant Run is an apartment complex. MOO Usually the hours between 7 and 8am are busy in apartment complexes as people get to work or school. So really a great chance a neighbor saw RM.

Last edited:
Pheasant Run is an apartment complex. MOO Usually the hours between 7 and 8am are busy in apartment complexes as people get to work or school. So really a great chance a neighbor saw RM.

It wouldn’t be surprising that somebody saw RM “enter” TJs apartment. But a neighbour would be unable to testify they actually saw RM in TJs apartment but a possible explanation is the wording in the media report differs from the affidavit. It also appears the person who apparently saw RM in TJs apartment personally knew RM, otherwise the best they could testify to is his physical appearance being similar to that of RM.

Otherwise I’m curious how RM came to be known by TJs girlfriend and his neighbours especially if RM wasn’t in TJs life prior to his ex-girlfriend moving in with him. It’s not as if Lafayette was a small town of a few hundred people where everybody knows everybody but in this case everyone associated does appear to know RM.

I’d be interested to know if there were any drugs in RM’s body. Does anyone have any info about toxicology being done on RM?
And what about TJ? Were there drugs found on him/was he high?
If no drugs were found in the apartment, on RM or in his vehicle, the drug aspect IMO has nothing to do with TJ murdering RM.
I will standby what I said previously...TJ’s motive is jealousy.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back