GUILTY MO - Angie Housman, 9, kidnapped, held then murdered, St Louis, 18 Nov 1993

I’m so sorry for Angie, for her loved ones & I’m so sorry for everyone in the community ;( I can not imagine the fear :( What a nightmare
MOO

There were actually a series of abductions and murders of young girls in STL area then. Cassidy Senter was one. She was abducted a few months after Angie while walking home from school. She was wearing a personal alarm her mother had gotten for her. It was found on the ground near where she went missing.

Here's a link to an NYT article from 1993 reporting on the 3 abductions

A Town in Terror as Children Disappear

ETA: Correction, Cassidy was kidnapped less than a month after Angie.

Full text of "cox earl order committing"

Delete if need be. This person is beyond depravity.

Document above is what allowed him not be released after doctors testified he would re offend

I encourage everyone to read this. I will warn it is very, very, disturbing and graphic.

Thank the heavens for John Walsh getting the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act passed in honor of his son Adam. Otherwise, Cox may have been out on the street again in 2011.

There were actually a series of abductions and murders of young girls in STL area then. Cassidy Senter was one. She was abducted a few months after Angie while walking home from school. She was wearing a personal alarm her mother had gotten for her. It was found on the ground near where she went missing.

Here's a link to an NYT article from 1993 reporting on the 3 abductions

A Town in Terror as Children Disappear

ETA: Correction, Cassidy was kidnapped less than a month after Angie.
These poor children ;( Absolutely horrifying!!
Thank you for the link, Betty P.
So many many monsters out there :(

Earl Webster Cox Charged With Murder, Sodomy in Angie Housman's Killing

Man, 61, charged in 1993 cold case murder of Angie Housman

“The way the evidence unfolded at the crime scene, the way she clearly was held for a period of time at a particular location, and then transported to the woods, which was obviously another location; just some other things we observed at the crime scene, it would lead us to believe he did not act alone. That doesn’t mean that he didn’t act alone, but there’s a hunch for all of these guys involved that there could possibly be another person involved." Lohmar said. "We have reason to believe that Earl W. Cox was not the only suspect ... we do believe that it was very possible that another person was involved."

Charges filed:

Read the felony complaint filed against Earl Webster Cox in St. Charles County

Video of today's press conference

Watch the press conference about charges in the Angie Housman

Oh dear, there appears to have been a social media group that law enforcement called out in the Presser.

..Appreciates Angie's Angels, but said they didn't help. They only left "nasty" messages on LE's social media.
These women kept Angies story alive. I was embarrassed by the prosecutors comment. They are good people. That said, I wish the prosecutor the best of luck on this case.

These women kept Angies story alive. I was embarrassed by the prosecutors comment. They are good people. That said, I wish the prosecutor the best of luck on this case.

Agree. They did good work in keeping the public focused on solving the case. Not sure I agree with what the prosecutor said about them. His comment was inappropriate and unnecessary, JMO. I've not read any of their social media comments, were they really as bad as he claimed?

That said, LE did a great job of staying on the case, keeping the evidence and reviewing and re-testing it when there was another technological breakthrough that held promise. IIRC, the prosecutor said they first tested DNA evidence in 2004, but the technology wasn't advanced enough to give them much help. They carefully preserved what they had until something new came along. Their lab guys also went back over all the evidence many times to re-test for more DNA samples. Great job, it finally paid off. I'm sure they've been celebrating since they got the CODIS match to Cox.

I’m so happy they caught this guy.

I grew up in the area, and was around Angie’s age. The day they found her body, I remember parent’s coming to the school to meet their kids for pick up and walking with them to their cars. Normally, parents would just park around the school and kids would walk by themselves or with friends to meet their parents. I asked my mom what was going on, and never one to hide anything from me, she explained the situation without giving the details. Later, I learned about the details while overhearing them on the local news. I was scared, but also sad. I didn’t understand why anyone would want to hurt her. I didn’t understand why someone would do something so horrific to someone who was my age, and it was quite possibly the first time I realized that monsters are real.
The case went cold and fell out of the spotlight. In the process of growing up, I became concerned with other things and life went on as usual. It wasn’t until a few years ago when I heard about Angie’s Angels on the news that I remembered the case. I remembered that day when my mom picked me up. I remembered the terror on her face, and how she had to tactfully explain to her little girl that there was a bad man out there who hurt another little girl and she was there to protect me. I remember her talking to me about “stranger danger.” But mostly I remember the sadness I felt for Angie. Being reminded of the case well into my 20’s, I felt that sadness again. She would never graduate from college, never get married, never follow her dreams, never have children. And I was angry that the person who deprived her of all of that wasn’t being held accountable.
With today’s charges I am again reminded of the moment I learned, over 20 years ago, that true evil exists in our world. But now I also know it doesn’t win.

RIP sweet girl.

I beleive the Senter case was solved however if I recall, not sure about the other attempted abduction , but the Senter suspect was apprehended

I wouldnt suspect the same individual in both homicide cases, however

No, they weren't connected but LE didn't know that at the time. There had also been another abduction attempt of a young girl not long before Angie Housman's. The girl got away and her description was used for the original composite sketch. So, with all 3 of those, according to the news reports, LE was initially looking for a serial kidnapper/killer. They changed course after a while. I'm still catching up on the old news stories, but you can find them at this link:

Timeline of events in the Angie Housman case

Story with information about prior kidnapping attempt. It's about halfway down the article:

Schoolgirl abducted near St. Ann home

Mantle said Angie's disappearance might be connected to an attempted abduction in Maryland Heights on Nov. 8.

In that case, a man grabbed an 11-year-old girl - who looks similar to Angie - just after she got off her school bus about 3:50 p.m.

He pulled her into some bushes along a road, but she managed to break free.

Police were still looking for that man Friday and distributed copies of a composite sketch to police officers who set up roadblocks in St. Ann near Angie's home.

LE really pulled out all the stops on these investigations. Sounds like they tried everything they could. They even examined satellite photos of the neighborhoods to see if they could spot anything. When they finally separated the murders of Angie and Cassidy, it helped them narrow down their list of suspects for each.

I'm sure they're trying to find out who else was involved now. The step-father likely wasn't, JMO, as police were with the family constantly during the time she was alleged to have been held captive, then taken to the wildlife preserve. IIRC, she was reported missing within a couple hours of getting off the school bus. What do you think?

ETA: Before Angie was missing, she told someone at her school about an "uncle" who was going to take her on a trip. Prosecutor said today they think Earl Cox was the person she referred to as "uncle". Though he doesn't appear related to Angie's step-father, she must have somehow become acquainted with him before the kidnapping and perhaps thought he was a relative. IDK.

ETA#2:

Here's a brief timeline of when Angie went missing

Nov 18
4:00 pm - Angie last seen by another student after she got off the school bus
5:00 pm - Step-father reports he arrived home from work and noticed she wasn't at home
7:00 pm - Family flags down a police car after searching for her on their own for 2 hours

LE said today they think she had been kept somewhere at least a week or more before she was taken, still alive, to Busch Wildlife Area.

Nov 24, 25 or 26?
Angie moved to BWA (LE says evidence indicated to them that more than 1 person had to be involved in moving her there)

Nov 27
Angie's body discovered in Busch Wildlife Area

Last edited:
Article about the international child *advertiser censored* ring that Earl Cox was involved with when he was arrested in 2002. He was arrested for luring a 14 yo girl from Virginia to Pueblo, CO to be his "sex slave". The "girl" was an undercover FBI agent. When they arrested Cox, they seized his computer, which had files and links to this online pedo group

International Child *advertiser censored* Ring Exposed

Yesterday was the first time I’ve heard about Angie.
What an atrocious, horrible case....that poor lil girl suffered terribly! ;(
I’m happy to hear that EWC has been charged & I hope if there were others involved, they get caught, too.
So sad that Angie’s mom passed away before she could see justice for her lil girl ;(
MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23