Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not yet concerned by how long the jury has been out, it just seems like a long time because we’ve been waiting since Friday, they’ve not even deliberated for 24 hours yet.
If there’s 1000 pieces of evidence to go over it could well be into next week if it’s not tomorrow. But hey what’s one more weekend when it’s taken 5* months to get here.

ETA not 6 I’m reading through one eye now :confused:

Last edited:
Could be Friday though too, I think they will be deliberating on Friday's now.

Please tell me this is verified Missy? Please?

That's a lot to wade through. If they're doing their job this will take awhile

Yes. 5 months of trial should be at least 5 full days of deliberating. So with these hours that's about two weeks.

Them being out this long doesn't concern me. The funky hours continuing concerns me. It would also concern me if they came back this week, I would worry they didn't do their job correctly.

I think the verdict should be a week from tomorrow. That's about right.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 49s49 seconds ago
#McStay - Jurors resumed deliberations about 30 mins ago.

D8U96fBUYAAwgwI.jpg

So, 30 minutes late. I don't understand.

Yes we are!! :D

Hence the thread title. I have a hard time believing it every time I see it!

I will try to find it, but no guarantee LOL It was mentioned sometime in the last few weeks while he was talking to the jurors, it was before the closings IIRC... and they were asking questions, that's how we knew that they weren't going to be deliberating this past Friday and they would be late starting on the Monday.

Being in the uk is a pain when all the action happens while I’m asleep! I just know one morning I’m going to wake up to *guilty* hopefully.

I’m waking up earlier with each day 4.45am this morning I refreshed this thread, this case has kept me up at night that picture of the 4 in the back of the car is so heartbreaking, gianni is a mini summer and joe jr a mini Joey, they looked such a happy family. I hope that picture is blown up and pinned to the wall of the jury room right now.

When you imagine all of the amazing things those 4 people could have done with their lives, while here we are and in the last nine years CM has contributed zero to society imo. The world has been robbed.

If you pm me your cell number I can text you when I find out there is a verdict. I promise I won’t call you and breathe heavily into the phone, lol. It would be cost-prohibitive to call you anyway! I think a text would be not too much though.

Yes. 5 months of trial should be at least 5 full days of deliberating. So with these hours that's about two weeks.

Them being out this long doesn't concern me. The funky hours continuing concerns me. It would also concern me if they came back this week, I would worry they didn't do their job correctly.

I think the verdict should be a week from tomorrow. That's about right.

It's concerning. It's very hard to follow a trial when it's spread apart like that. Even if you take notes.

@MsFacetious

3:30ish of the video. A juror asks a question about the Friday...

I'm sure you don't remember this but at the very very very beginning I said we're not in session Fridays except once you begin deliberations, if you were able to we would have you here Friday but I know especially in the long case when you're not here every Friday people make plans you assume you're not gonna be here Friday so I understand that so it would have been great if everyone could be here that would be fine but if you can't, then okay.

I agree.

I hadn't thought about your point in your other post though about them having all the evidence and what if something happened to it. A hung jury, or even for appeals. I wonder if this is a normal thing in California? to allow the exhibits into the jury room.

I need to ask my law partner how that works. I don't do criminal except minor appearances like arraignments.

But watching so many cases I don't usually see them get to handle all the evidence front the start. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly!

What I know is they can ask to examine something.

I need to ask my law partner how that works. I don't do criminal except minor appearances like arraignments.

But watching so many cases I don't usually see them get to handle all the evidence front the start. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly!

What I know is they can ask to examine something.

Guess I'm wrong. At least in CA!

Attachments

• IMG_2153.jpg
    IMG_2153.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 58
RSBM:

The post where you mentioned: "Should have been 30 minutes ago" in regards to the jurors returning from lunch. Apparently, well the way I'm looking at it anyway, the jurors were back from lunch on time only Cathy Russon wasn't notified until 30mins. after the fact. Either that, or she was had forgotten to tweet and let us know. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say she wasn't notified. :D

th

Me too and now I'm wondering how long the words "VERDICT WATCH" are going to remain in the title--considering all the breaks, delays etc! :rolleyes:

RSBM:

The post where you mentioned: "Should have been 30 minutes ago" in regards to the jurors returning from lunch. Apparently, well the way I'm looking at it anyway, the jurors were back from lunch on time only Cathy Russon wasn't notified until 30mins. after the fact. Either that, or she was had forgotten to tweet and let us know. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say she wasn't notified. :D

th

Me too and now I'm wondering how long the words "VERDICT WATCH" are going to remain in the title--considering all the breaks, delays etc! :rolleyes:

The jury should have started deliberating an hour before Cathy tweeted they started a half hour ago.

The should have been was before Cathys tweet, just going off the time they were to return.

Does that make sense?

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1m1 minute ago
#McStay - Jurors have gone home for the day. Assuming they took their normal lunch break last week and the almost 2-hour lunch break today, they have deliberated a total of 17 hours over 4 days. (a couple of days were pre-scheduled short days) Deliberations resume tomorrow AM.

D8VRlvXUIAEnyC3.jpg

I don't know about anyone else... but I expected them to put more time into this. 2 hour lunch break? it's 3:50 there now, they couldn't go until 4 or 4:30? Am I being unrealistic? LOL maybe this jury really didn't mind all the delays and breaks. JMO

sigh
it's 3:50 pm. there correct?
I have appt's tomorrow ... I'll check in when I can
I can't really blame them at this time though. This is how they have seen the trial being run. If you need to leave early to get your clothes from the cleaners before they close, go ahead. No problem, it's just a capital murder trial, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie