Found Safe KY - Amanda, 32, & Amya Otero, 3, no show for custody hearing, Logan Co., Jun 2019 *mother arrested*

I have also read on social media that the father has been homeless living in his truck. No idea if that is the case. I am sure there is a lot more to the story.

I have also read on social media that the father has been homeless living in his truck. No idea if that is the case. I am sure there is a lot more to the story.
Well, the media were interviewing him in the kitchen of a house so I don't think he is living in a truck.

The father posted photos of the birth certificate with his name on it, the court documents, etc. on his FB page. There is zero chance that a court would award emergency custody to a man just on the guy's say so. It just does not work that way, yet Amanda's mother is all over social media trying to imply that is what happened.
Are they afraid that he may flee to Puerto Rico with the child? I am pretty sure that there is not an extradition concern from Puerto Rico... :D. I do get a chuckle out of some posts from time to time.

I was finally able to read the links. I'm still not sure who to believe at this point. The most alarming thing to me is nobody has a job except Gma!!!!! Gma is essentially a built in babysitter so at least the minor kids are cared for.

Has Mom gotten her act together? If so, why would she run? Is there abuse? Doesn't sound like it at first glance but we don't know the details. Custody was awarded to the man named but is there proof that is his biological child? There's a lot of family adoptions that stay under the radar. If the adoption was official, he's the dad, blood link or not. But, that also means bio dad had to have signed away rights, did that happen?

Regardless, two parents should not be attempting to get resolution via the court of public opinion, they will both be crucified. Then what? The child grows up and realizes everything she was told by both parents is lies. That will affect her self esteem, their behavior is going to speak much louder than their words and she will in turn become them. Don't make this child pay for the sins the parents!

I was finally able to read the links. I'm still not sure who to believe at this point. The most alarming thing to me is nobody has a job except Gma!!!!! Gma is essentially a built in babysitter so at least the minor kids are cared for.

Has Mom gotten her act together? If so, why would she run? Is there abuse? Doesn't sound like it at first glance but we don't know the details. Custody was awarded to the man named but is there proof that is his biological child? There's a lot of family adoptions that stay under the radar. If the adoption was official, he's the dad, blood link or not. But, that also means bio dad had to have signed away rights, did that happen?

Regardless, two parents should not be attempting to get resolution via the court of public opinion, they will both be crucified. Then what? The child grows up and realizes everything she was told by both parents is lies. That will affect her self esteem, their behavior is going to speak much louder than their words and she will in turn become them. Don't make this child pay for the sins the parents!

His name is on the birth certificate.

The most alarming thing for me is the mother has a rap sheet including armed robbery where she tied somebody up and then shot them in the stomach.

This child is in grave danger and needs to be found ASAP.

The more time goes on the more desperate she might become. Jmo

Last edited:
Hard to tell which side is right here. The way the father is posting stuff on FB is odd. I don’t trust him.
Those jumping to all kinds of conclusions about the mother, take into consideration that some of those crimes happened in 2005. It is now 2019. That’s a long time ago and we don’t know the circumstances.

IMO

Oh yea this!! I hope they are accurate in their dipiction I really do. Family court needs an overhaul. Whatever is going on I hope this baby is safe.
I have seen dads destroy moms with baseless accusation and all manner of techniques...its hard to believe some crap family courts allow and take part in. whoever runs out of $$ first usually loses let's face it and this is enough to make any mother batshit crazy bc they know its coming & there is NOTHING they can do to stop it.
(Let me walk into court and hand you my daughter at 10a.m. today seems a bit hard to swallow.) I probably need to sit on my hands lol

Some are legit batshit though. Been there w one.

Yes, it will be if the adoption was official. DNA is in order in my opinion.
You can see the birth certificate on the father's FB. The date the birth certificate was filed with his name on it was in 2015. It is right on the document. If there were any truth to what is being said out what is alleged then the filing date on the document would be sometime in 2017 or later and that is not the case. Birth certificates are not backdated when it comes to the Registrar Filing Date.

Hard to tell which side is right here. The way the father is posting stuff on FB is odd. I don’t trust him.
Those jumping to all kinds of conclusions about the mother, take into consideration that some of those crimes happened in 2005. It is now 2019. That’s a long time ago and we don’t know the circumstances.

IMO

She was charged with armed robbery where she shot some one.

That is concerning enough.

Plus she is armed and dangerous from what the police have said.

She was charged with armed robbery where she shot some one.

That is concerning enough.

Plus she is armed and dangerous from what the police have said.
Plus per NMEC Flyer there is a Felony warrant for kidnapping that was issued on June 1st. This is related to taking Amya so law enforcement and the court aren't handling this as a custodial interference case..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back