Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure who you're referring to. I guess Patrick? But there are other family.

Why are we arguing about what a verified insider confirmed?
To be fair, the verified insider may not have realised at the time of posting that there were 2 jurors who had to leave early for whatever reason. I trust both the verified insider and la2cabo (who has been in regular contact with PM, throughout the trial). Thank you to both of you for being there for the family in a time of need! :)

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson
#McStay- Part of the defense's response says they shouldn't be held in contempt because there was no court order prohibiting contact with jurors.

D8a-QV4UcAAMUiW.jpg

6:20 PM - 6 Jun 2019 pst

To be fair, the verified insider may not have realised at the time of posting that there were 2 jurors who had to leave early for whatever reason. I trust both the verified insider and la2cabo (who has been in regular contact with PM, throughout the trial). Thank you to both of you for being there for the family in a time of need! :)
Awe thank you. :D

We are not. Although the same verified insider posted yesterday that he was sitting with the family.

But I hope you are right.
The verified insider posted that they were sitting with a family member. Not sure which side, Joey or Summers, but it was a family member, not the family. You're right though, Recidivist, we're not arguing we're just a tad confused as to the reason/s given i.e. why the verdict announcement has been delayed until Monday!

I am not even convinced it will be a guilty verdict on Monday and if it isn’t it will just sum up how awful the family have been treated.

They have to now have their pain extended again and there is no guarantee it will even go their way. This just seems to be another cherry on the mockery that is this trial.

IMO MOO

Has anyone who follows trials ever heard of a judge delaying a verdict reading for longer than a few hours? I don't usually follow trials so I'm not sure if this is ever an issue.

Last edited:
My gut feeling is that it is a GUILTY verdict, and here is one reason why, imo.

If all 12 of these people thought that Chase was being unfairly railroaded, and was an innocent man, I feel that they would put his release from jail as a priority. They would be outraged and they wouldn't allow it to be shelved for the next 3 days. JMO

But if they are voting GUILTY, then nothing really changes with 3 more days of incarceration. It is difficult for the family, but Chase is still locked up, and life goes on.

If all 12 of these people thought that Chase was being unfairly railroaded, and was an innocent man, I feel that they would put his release from jail as a priority. They would be outraged and they wouldn't allow it to be shelved for the next 3 days. JMO

But if they are voting GUILTY, then nothing really changes with 3 more days of incarceration. It is difficult for the family, but Chase is still locked up, and life goes on.
Except odds are that none of them think he was railroaded. I mean there is evidence he is a class A wiener. If the verdict is not guilty, they probably think he might have done the crime, but the DA failed to prove it.

I guess I feel that no one (other than a couple of obtuse Chase Cheerleaders on Twitter) think the SOB was railroaded.

I agree, but for a different reason.

If there was a unanimous verdict here, it was guilty all along.

My biggest fear was a hung jury, and that hasn’t happened.

It makes me smile that Chase will hold out hope over the weekend, just to have his world come crashing down around him on Monday.

Its over. He’s done.

How is this different than the Staircase about the Michael Peterson trial. I’m not debating his guilt or innocence but the documentary was incredible to watch.

Why and how is a defense team involved in a documentary? That seems super unethical. They're making money off their client's case in an unethical way, prior to the case being over.

BBM.The flip side of that is that they would have come back earlier with a verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member