OXYGEN TONIGHT THE REBECCA ZAHAU CASE

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tonight is the night on Oxygen! It's the start of a series on the Rebecca Zahau case. I am honored to be in the company of people like DrLaura Pettler, Billy Jensen, Paul Holes, and so many others who participated in this docuseries. I honestly do not know what conclusion the investigators will come to but I have a feeling it will not be suicide. Could be wrong. We'll see starting tonight. It's on at 5 PM, 7 PM, AND 11 PM Central but I'm not sure of other areas of the U.S.

Last edited:
Tonight is the night on Oxygen! It's the start of a series on the Rebecca Zahau case. I am honored to be in the company of people like DrLaura Pettler, Billy Jensen, Paul Holes, and so many others who participated in this docuseries. I honestly do not know what conclusion the investigators will come to but I have a feeling it will not be suicide. Could be wrong. We'll see starting tonight. It's on at 5 PM, 7 PM, AND 11 PM Central but I'm not sure of other areas of the U.S.

Thanks, Tricia! Will be watching!

It will be good to see all the facts rehashed by other professionals to see what conclusions and differences if any from the original investigation. It’s a very intriguing case that’s for sure. Let’s all watch so we can sleuth ️‍♀️ together over it. MOO

It is interesting. On May 27 there was a story about Rebecca Zahau on ID; then I saw the episode yesterday on Oxygen: I thought the story on ID was good, but not nearly as detail oriented as the episode on Oxygen last night. I like the different opinions from different expert points of view and how and why these people arrived at their opinions as to what they believe really happened in this case. It was interesting that those two ladies who were bondage experts showed it was not as difficult as one might think to bind one's hands in the manner in which Rebecca was bound. But for me, that fact did not change my opinion that this was murder. There is so much more than just the bindings of the hands that leads me to believe it was murder. One thing I guess I was not aware of was the bloody knife found on the floor. It was suggested this knife was used as part of a sexual assault. How would one explain that as part of a suicide? Why would she bind her feet and stuff a rag into her mouth before killing herself? why would she strip naked (with her period no less) so she would be found in a humiliating position hanging from the balcony? why would she bind her feet
so that she would have had to hop to get to the balcony in order to hang herself.
There are a myriad of ways to kill oneself, and to think a woman would strip naked and go through all of these absurd actions in order to kill herself, defies rational thought and any type of common sense. I think the writing on the wall was, as Rebecca's sister suggested, just done to throw the police off, and it worked pretty well.

It is clear to me from what the medical examiner and police stated in their initial press conference, in coming to the conclusion that she committed suicide, that they relied much more on what they perceived was her state of mind prior to her death, than what was found at the crime scene. I think they made an assumption that she was so distraught she killed herself and they put more weight on that than the findings surrounding her death. They mentioned the last phone call she got was letting her know that Max was in a coma. I think their preconceived ideas caused them to ignore a lot of the physical findings at the crime scene. That is what I got out of watching the episode on Oxygen last night. The police and ME will never ever change their minds because they have tunnel vision and are absolutely stuck on their beliefs.

Since Adam Shaknai was on the grounds of the mansion and had a key, it is most likely that he killed her and staged the scene in an attempt to make it look a suicide and it worked. If I recall from the special on ID, Adam Shaknai admitted he was looking at *advertiser censored* prior to finding Rebecca. Hmmmm. If you think about it, the way she was found, looked a *advertiser censored* scene: hanging nude from a balcony, bound with a rag stuffed in her mouth. Hmmm

Last edited:
Hi Tricia,

It was great seeing you on the show. The first episode was very good, a very thorough investigation. They're definitely discussing all the relevant details so far. It was good to see they mentioned the presence of RZ's blood on the handle of the smaller knife found in the room. That was very relevant evidence left out of the police investigation, presumably because it didn't fit the suicide scenario.

It's also important to note that the alleged voice mail message left on RZ's phone was never retrieved. The content of the message is strictly based on Jonah's word. It was also relevant that Mary mentioned her impression that RZ's relationship was not always good - that he seemed to sometimes treat her as an employee/babysitter/housekeeper than a girlfriend.

Zahau-Loehner described her sister’s role in her relationship with Jonah Shacknai as more of a “glorified nanny” than a girlfriend living a lavish lifestyle. Zahau spent most of her days shuttling the children to and from events, running errands or cleaning the house, Zahau-Loehner said.

In May 2011, just a few months before her sister died, Zahau-Loehner said that her family went to visit Zahau, and spent most of their visit cleaning up the mansion, including a moldy shower.

“Obviously, we had to do it,” Zahau-Loehner told Oxygen. “But I said, ‘This whole picture is wrong completely,’” adding that, while most of her sister’s friends thought she was living a pampered lifestyle, the reality was much different.

Authorities Said Rebecca Zahau Was Suicidal. But Were Her Words Twisted?

Regarding the women who discussed the Shibari tying and knots used to bind RZ, they mentioned those did not appear to be the kind of knots used in that practice.

Since Adam Shaknai was on the grounds of the mansion and had a key, it is most likely that he killed her and staged the scene in an attempt to make it look a suicide and it worked. If I recall from the special on ID, Adam Shaknai admitted he was looking at *advertiser censored* prior to finding Rebecca. Hmmmm. If you think about it, the way she was found, looked a *advertiser censored* scene: hanging nude from a balcony, bound with a rag stuffed in her mouth. Hmmm

Didn't someone associated with the defense try to use Asian bondage materials supposedly found somewhere on the Shacknai property/in one of its computer's search engines? I found it very suspicious, to say the least, that the default assumption was that it was Rebecca's kink, "because she's Asian".

As far as I know, for fetishes there are both (a), titillators; (b), the titillated. The simple presence of some type of adult materials, doesn't say anything to me about which people particularly enjoy the material, unless the people doing the opining (SDCSD, I'm looking at you) are racist and/or misogynist.

There is one thing about the 911 call that I want to point out. At the very beginning of the 911 calls from Patsy Ramsey and Michael Peterson(The Staircase) you hear them state:

Patsy: “We have a kidnapping”

Michael: “My wife’s had an accident” and “She fell down the stairs”

Here is AS version on the 911 call:

“Yeah, I got a girl, hung herself.”

These statements are quite telling. Notice how there is a need for all callers to get a jump start on shaping the narratives of what happened at the scene. They are telling LE what way to go in their investigations. They are misdirecting on what really happened at the scene.

“We have a kidnapping”- There was no kidnapping.

“My wife’s had an accident”- It was no accident.

“hung herself”- Why is it the first thing AS says is “hung herself”. Why would he think or even say that? How did he know if she hung herself?

There is one thing about the 911 call that I want to point out. At the very beginning of the 911 calls from Patsy Ramsey and Michael Peterson(The Staircase) you hear them state:

Patsy: “We have a kidnapping”

Michael: “My wife’s had an accident” and “She fell down the stairs”

Here is AS version on the 911 call:

“Yeah, I got a girl, hung herself.”

These statements are quite telling. Notice how there is a need for all callers to get a jump start on shaping the narratives of what happened at the scene. They are telling LE what way to go in their investigations. They are misdirecting on what really happened at the scene.

“We have a kidnapping”- There was no kidnapping.

“My wife’s had an accident”- It was no accident.

“hung herself”- Why is it the first thing AS says is “hung herself”. Why would he think or even say that? How did he know if she hung herself?[/QUOT

I totally agree with you and yet the police paid no attention to that bizarre 911 call
Starting with " yeah I got a girl"---that is a bizarre statement- --- and then as you say he shaped the narrative when he said " she hung herself" --how would he know that or even think that?

I remember hearing about this case but I don't know all the details...I will have to watch the series...

I think the comment above was correct in pointing out some of LE "tunnel vision"... If its later determined they made a mistake as to the cause of death, they may have missed out on other potential evidence and suspects...

Regardless if she was suicidal at some point, why would she go through an unnecessarily burdensome process of tying her hands and feet...More importantly why would she tie her own feet...If by chance her feet could touch the ground during the hanging (to save herself if she changed her mind), they would still touch regardless of the rope I would think... It's possible her legs were tied to prevent a struggle as they put her over the balcony (if she was still alive)...

I would describe her hanging as similar to staging a crime scene...One of the purposes of her nudity was probably to humiliate her...No different than killers posing victims bodies to shock whomever finds them including LE....IMO

Her period is a huge factor to me in knowing this was not a suicide. They want you to believe she committed this act impulsively after hearing the little boy was in a coma - who goes to great lengths with that much intricacy when they're acting impulsively??

The biggest fallacy of this case is the message left by Jonah at 12:50am on Rebecca’s phone. It’s a lie that’s needed to establish motive for why Rebecca would commit suicide. Dina Shacknai has said numerous times that there was no “bad news” that night concerning Max’s condition. Isn’t it ironic that the message was never heard by law enforcement, and somehow just disappeared from the phone. The absence of evidence, is evidence. The same person who wrote the message in paint on the door is probably the same person who erased the message on Rebecca Zahau’s phone. The killer was slick and wiped his DNA from the scene, but over did it. The 911 caller gives himself away immediately and he should have noticed that the table that he supposedly stood on to cut down Rebecca was missing a leg. Oops.

Opinion crafted from evidence.
CS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow