Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #5*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, oddly, my husband used to work at the trash burner portion of the MIRA plant back when it was owned by Covanta (2002-2004). There are two parts to the facility - where the trash is dumped/sorted/shredded and the incinerator. I've only been there a couple times, but I believe the part of the plant you were seeing from the dead end was the trash dumping/sorting portion of the plant. I'll confirm with DH when he gets home later.

The basic process is: trash gets dumped, then sorted, then shredded and then passed on a conveyor belt over to the incinerator where the steam/electricity is generated. If the bags got past the sorting and shredding, it would be an extremely difficult process to find any significant evidence. I'm really, really hoping that they were able to intercept the trash before sorting/shredding.
They said it’d made it past that point. :/

What happens when one of the parties is missing? Can a Judge put a hold on everything? This case is really a mess on so many levels!
There are certain deadlines in litigation but this divorce is not normal - depending on the last pleading filed (which I think was her request for financial information?) either party can make a motion to compel or whatever should be the response / we’ve had cases linger for years but eventually when the judges rotate they want to clean up their dockets and will order the attorneys to appear at hearing or file a notice of lack of prosecution/ dismissal for probate etc or whatever pertains to the case to dismiss it - but divorce I don’t think it can just be dismissed - all MOO

JD was a writer. Didn't she write in some capacity in her life before she married and had the children? I remember reading that she was working on a novel too.
So profoundly sad.
Her blog, was it public? Did Fotis have access? I hope not.

Would a body have to be dismembered in order to go through the shredder at the plant?

My husband just asked me this as we watched the channel 12 news. The newscaster was at the incineration plant, and my husband said oh no, maybe he incinerated her and I said well what I learned today is; first you have to sort; then you have to shred; and then to the incinerator.

Husband says, well how could you not notice if you were sorting a dead body; and I said well if she was in 30 bags you might not know what’s in each bag, and this is the first he was like wait what .. she might be in multiple bags. Omg ...

Then he said can body parts go in a shredder and we had to actually discuss is that even possible ? I said I don’t know ... I hate to ask...

I don't know how they'd even know what ash to look through, though?

The shredded trash is just automatically fed into the incinerator on a conveyor belt, transferred to a conveyor grate, burned on that moving grate, dropped into a pit filled with water to extinguish the ash, then scraped out of that pit onto another conveyor, where it travels a long distance to the ash building (it's not completely dry) and dumped in a big pile. That ash pile grows to about 30-ish feet tall and is carted to the landfill about every other day or so (the exact size and timing might be a bit off due to DH's recollection but it wasn't every day and it was fairly frequent).

ETA: DH says guys used to go out on their lunch break to the ash building to collect pieces of metal for scrap. DH also had a LARGE collection of filthy golf balls.
Oh dear, I was wondering what happened to the ash afterwards. If bones were incinerated, they likely were already carted off to the landfill if I understand correctly. This gets more heartbreaking by the hour, especially the past few days.

I think that if they had any bits of body they would have filed murder charges already.
Possibly but charges start the clock ticking afa discovery and court filings. A smart defense attorney will rush the court dates to try to weaken the prosecutions case. FD isn’t going anywhere right now and LE are keeping it close to the vest in order to build a very solid case. I think when the charges are filed, we will see they have a lot more than we think. JMO

I think that if they had any bits of body they would have filed murder charges already.
Everyone is where they need to be. FD is behind bars, they have MT cooperating and being tracked. LE and SA do not have to rush to file (starts clock running).They can build a solid case. Now, if FD were to bond out...

Can you imagine being her? Can you imagine being the kind of human who can actually look into your own child's eyes, kiss her face and still sleep at night knowing you helped someone either take away innocent children's dear mama?

It's so creepy and gruesome to me, this case and these two people.
Lest we forget she knew HIS children. Looked into his children's eyes. She is cold and evil, IMO.
That's why I feel she should do time. Hard time.
MOO.

Possibly but charges start the clock ticking afa discovery and court filings. A smart defense attorney will rush the court dates to try to weaken the prosecutions case. FD isn’t going anywhere right now and LE are keeping it close to the vest in order to build a very solid case. I think when the charges are filed, we will see they have a lot more than we think. JMO
This.

All they need is one. They already determined it was her blood on and in the bags, right? It's the same process for human tissue. One- it's human, Two- it's hers.
Wishful thinking on my part? Maybe LE wants to recover as much as they can out of respect for the family. They ain't talking. Hard for me to believe they haven't found anything yet. She's in that pile of garbage and her husband is evil. So is his girlfriend. MOO and MOO.

Why I'm not expecting anything new released until the next court date or LE finishes at the incinerator site.

Caitlin Burchill (@newsyCaitlin) on Twitter
More than a dozen CT State Trooper cruisers/SUVs leaving the MIRA trash facility in Hartford. They’re looking for clues leading them to missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Dulos. Today was day 6 of their search here. Dulos has been missing since Friday, May 24th #NBCCT

Attachments

• 624D4F7B-4170-4E04-BF0A-F1CDA38E14C1.jpeg
    624D4F7B-4170-4E04-BF0A-F1CDA38E14C1.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 28
I have been following cases here for about ten years now, and one thing I have seen, over and over again...murderers are very seldom as clever as we often assume they are. More often than not, they are just lucky. It is extremely difficult to find a body unless you have specific information on its location. We all have lost our keys or such at home, and turned the house upside down trying to find them. Now imagine trying to find a human body, that may or may not be concealed or intact, when you may not even know the general area to search. I frankly think it is a miracle that anyone is ever found without being led to the location. I think I am probably in the minority here, but I don't really believe that JD was meticulously dismembered and scattered. I think she more likely was taken somewhere and covered or buried, perhaps with use of construction equipment. I really felt like MT was involved enough that she would know the location of the remains, but now I am rethinking that. Finally, I agree with gitana and a few others in stating that, if LE had recovered any human tissue, there would be murder charges by now. I do believe they are searching for other evidence at MIRA...a murder weapon perhaps, other physical evidence that may strengthen the case. I do believe that they will find JD eventually, with or without help from MT or FD, and I believe FD will be successfully prosecuted. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member