Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, DV and BB both seem unfit parents and equally culpable.

I am really concerned about the CPS. It is very bad that DV would belt a 4-year-old girl (and concerning, as I think it is something sadistic), but two head traumas should have been the reason for immediate removal of the kid from the home, forever. Even if it was negligence, it was the kid's brain.

I think this case needs to be looked into from the viewpoint of the gravity of the trauma.

Sylvester Turner on Twitter (Mayor of Houston, TX)
Today, we honor and remember Maleah Davis. Our entire city shares the pain of losing this sweet, beautiful child. In her memory, we must renew our commitment to the children of our community – to love them, support them, and protect them from harm.
10:30 AM - 9 Jun 2019

Claudia Ramos on Twitter
“For you baby girl, play in the bubbles,” one of the hundreds of people who joined the walk this morning in Houston to honor #MaleahDavis #Houston #DearMaleah
D8oVQ9pVUAEDgXv.jpg

10:36 AM - 9 Jun 2019
:*( So beautiful,and sad at the same time.

I am really concerned about the CPS. It is very bad that DV would belt a 4-year-old girl (and concerning, as I think it is something sadistic), but two head traumas should have been the reason for immediate removal of the kid from the home, forever. Even if it was negligence, it was the kid's brain.

I think this case needs to be looked into from the viewpoint of the gravity of the trauma.
Yes, it was a very serious injury, obviously not caused from a fall, as the doctor reported and apparently stated to the court. If they were unable to determine it was abuse, and there is no explanation offered by the parents then isn't it reasonable to assume they are hiding something? There is just too much evidence that points to abuse for them not to have been guilty.

As I said earlier I believe these types of injuries can be caused in an instant. I had a student who seemed like a loving and nurturing mother. I was shocked when I learned her 13 month old baby had suffered a subdural hematoma. She had lost her temper and in a fit of anger and frustration shaken him and threw him against a wall. It all happened in seconds.
The child had permanent brain damage as a result. At age three he was still unable to walk or talk.

If they can prove somehow that Maleah died as a result of physical abuse, then I don't see why both parents would not be charged.

They really need to determine the cause of death but I'm not sure it will be possible. If not, I don't know what they can do. Anyone involved who has information needs to start talking. There must be witnesses who can provide an account of what went on in that family. I would think Maleah's father would know something. But then of course, if he admits it then he is accountable as well. Her older brother knows something. Maybe BB's mother knows something. I don't see why she wouldn't cooperate, she seems to have stopped supporting her daughter.

This whole thing is just a mess.
Imo

In looking at some of the tributes with songs to Maleah,there are some pictures where they were taken in the cars. These pictures shows Maleah in a seat belt. Where e the car seats for these kids. There is a picture of when Malea h was a baby she was in one. But that along with the wearing of her helmet i would think of neglect.

I have 4 beautiful Grandbabies they are 8, 6, 3 & 2. My state requires the 8 and 6 year old in booster seats in the back seat. I am just wondering if COS would look for this too.

Sorry if this has been covered in previous threads.

Is it known when BBs ticket to her fathers funeral was bought?
Im just wondering if it was a last minute decision for her to attend, considering it has been said that she was abused as a child by him (ALLEGEDLY).

Im wondering if abuse of Maleah took place over the weekend prompting BB to suddenly decide to attend the funeral as an alibi. Further prompting her to make the comments about Maleah needing to see a doctor. BB then realises that Maleahs injuries are severe enough to raise suspicion so makes an excuse to bio dad that DV will take her to the doctors instead.
This could be why Maleah wasnt at daycare and DV brought her home (to hide the injuries).
BB flies out of state. Maleah dies as a result of the injuries together with her previous head traumas. DV panics and him and BB come up with the kidnapping fairytale. DV acts as clean up guy. BB plays her part getting BB2 to pick her up from the airport. BB drops DV off at the hospital and dumps the car.
MOO

Thanks for this info, didn't know that!

Is he living with/married to the baby's mother? If not, does he have any custody?
Yes, he is living with the baby and the baby's mother. Seems like a present father to the baby and to his older son. They celebrated his 6th birthday recently, prior to Maleah being found.

In looking at some of the tributes with songs to Maleah,there are some pictures where they were taken in the cars. These pictures shows Maleah in a seat belt. Where e the car seats for these kids. There is a picture of when Malea h was a baby she was in one. But that along with the wearing of her helmet i would think of neglect.

I have 4 beautiful Grandbabies they are 8, 6, 3 & 2. My state requires the 8 and 6 year old in booster seats in the back seat. I am just wondering if COS would look for this too.
If CPS completed a thorough investigation and then opened a case, which they did, then they suspected abuse. The fact that they removed the children proves that they suspected abuse, as well as the fact that they still retained custody when Maleah was killed.
But for some reason, it was decided that the children should be returned to the home under "supervision" while certain requirements were fulfilled. Since they were returned, I don't think they would be concerned about improper booster seats. If they wanted to ensure that Maleah wore her helmet they would have done so.

Ultimately they determined Maleah was a happy, healthy child and would be safe in her home. They were wrong.

Looking at the pictures of Maleah she looks nothing like a child who is neglected. She looks well taken care of, her clothes look new, her hair is always done in different styles, and she looks clean and happy. Someone took some time and effort to do all that. I wonder who it was?

DV claimed that he was always with the kids, but is he the one who bathed her, dressed her, and did her hair?

I wonder of the majority of pictures were taken when she was in the relatives home for six months. Or maybe when they lived with BB2.
Were they taken before the injury and who took them? Does anybody know?
Were any in the last six months?

Last edited:
If CPS completed a thorough investigation and then opened a case, which they did, then they suspected abuse. The fact that they removed the children proves that they suspected abuse, as well as the fact that they still retained custody when she was killed.
But for some reason, it was decided that the children should be returned to the home under "supervision" while certain requirements were fulfilled. Since they were returned, I don't think they would be concerned about improper booster seats. If they wanted to ensure that Maleah wore her helmet they would have done so.

Ultimately they determined Maleah was a happy child and would be safe in her home. They were wrong.

Looking at the pictures of Maleah she looks nothing like a child who is neglected. She looks well taken care of, her clothes look new, her hair is always done in different styles, and she looks clean and happy. Someone took some time and effort to do all that. I wonder who it was?

DV claimed that he was always with the kids, but is he the one who bathed her, dressed her, and did her hair?

I wonder of the majority of pictures were taken when she was in the relatives home for six months. Or maybe when they lived with BB2.

The pictures of Maleah at the beach were taken by her mother. The picture that everybody loves of Maleah holding a flower was also taken by her mother. Most of the pictures of Maleah at the hospital seem to have been taken by her father though.

rsbm

I am angry, repulsed and sickened by BB and I really want to see her charged for something that will result in jail time She deserves it. But the reality is that it was DV who caused Meleah's death, which he has admitted to doing. He is the child killer, he is the one who is responsible for ending this child's life. He is the one who discarded her body like trash in a garbage bag, he is the one who wouldn't tell where she was as her body decomposed to preclude cause of death, he is the one who hoped that she would never be found denying her a proper burial.

As much as I blame BB for not protecting her child, I try to stay focused on the monster who actually killed her child. I think it is important to see the difference in culpability and focus on DV being brought to justice first and foremost. jmo

If CPS completed a thorough investigation and then opened a case, which they did, then they suspected abuse. The fact that they removed the children proves that they suspected abuse, as well as the fact that they still retained custody when she was killed.

Ultimately they determined Maleah was a happy child and would be safe in her home. They were wrong.

I do believe they were taken of. They were clean,well kept and we'll dressed the sounding s in pictures look beat and tidy. My point is helmet and booster seats they should be in.

I do believe they were taken of. They were clean,well kept and we'll dressed the sounding s in pictures look beat and tidy. My point is helmet and booster seats they should be in.
Yes, of course that is important, especially the fact that Maleah was supposed to be wearing a helmet.
My point is that since CPS returned them in spite of half her skull having to be removed after a subdural hematoma, as well as the other injuries to her head, I don't think they will consider her not wearing the helmet to be evidence of abuse or neglect.

After all, they were the ones who were ultimately responsible since they had custody so they would just be calling themselves out.

Unless I misunderstood your post. Did you mean Cause of Death?
I guess I assumed by COS you meant CPS.

The pictures of Maleah at the beach were taken by her mother. The picture that everybody loves of Maleah holding a flower was also taken by her mother. Most of the pictures of Maleah at the hospital seem to have been taken by her father though.
Thanks!
Actually now I remember her mom and BB2 talking about her trip to the beach and how much they wanted to go back again.

rsbm

I am angry, repulsed and sickened by BB and I really want to see her charged for something that will result in jail time She deserves it. But the reality is that it was DV who caused Meleah's death, which he has admitted to doing. He is the child killer, he is the one who is responsible for ending this child's life. He is the one who discarded her body like trash in a garbage bag, he is the one who wouldn't tell where she was as her body decomposed to preclude cause of death, he is the one who hoped that she would never be found denying her a proper burial.

As much as I blame BB for not protecting her child, I try to stay focused on the monster who actually killed her child. I think it is important to see the difference in culpability and focus on DV being brought to justice first and foremost. jmo
So true. This should be a wake up call for women who are in abusive situations and/or allow their children to be abused by their partners. It happens way to often.

You are right. DV did, reportedly, admit to being responsible for Maleah's death and then disposing her body in such a disrespectful way. He also said that BB was not involved or wasn't the one who caused her death but I can't remember exactly what Q said regarding that.
I would think QX's testimony of what DV said would be taken seriously since he has gotten similar confessions from other criminals which resulted in convictions. Tim Miller and LE seem to hold him in high regard. Imo

Oh my. Was in the hospital a few days and so much has happened that I missed. I have been reading and reading and just caught up. I am at a loss on this mistress. That interview was....something. How in the world does this guy have women falling over for him? What is so special about this dude? I see he found a side chick with a rap sheet who is writing him letters. Wow. Am I the only one who thinks this seems so absurd it can’t be true? These women standing by this man who disposed of a baby girl like a burger wrapper? It’s surreal.

And BB interview where she said what she loved about Maleah was that “she was mine. She was given to me.” And she couldn’t find a word to describe her other than “nurturing?” . How about precious? Caring? Kind? Curious? She loved to laugh, and play with her brothers? I mean, nurturing?? SO weird. This whole case gets more weird every day. I can’t wait to hear more about what those phone records show.

I'm leery of the use of the word "confession" here as it alludes to the belief that DV confessed to murder.

We know DV admitted to QX that he transported Maleah's body to Arkansas, and dumped her on the side of the road. No admission that he caused her death.

With CPS finding no abuse and returning the children to the home; and if no cause of death determined, DV can build a strong case for himself.

Until we know how much blood evidence was found in the apartment, I'd say DV has more factual evidence on his side that Maleah was a fragile child still recovering from head trauma.

And that's frightening to me knowing that DV is a liar with a huge imagination about men following and torturing him.

MOO
You are absolutely correct, there has been no confession of murder at all and everyone needs to be aware of that very same fact.

Oh my. Was in the hospital a few days and so much has happened that I missed. I have been reading and reading and just caught up. I am at a loss on this mistress. That interview was....something. How in the world does this guy have women falling over for him? What is so special about this dude? I see he found a side chick with a rap sheet who is writing him letters. Wow. Am I the only one who thinks this seems so absurd it can’t be true? These women standing by this man who disposed of a baby girl like a burger wrapper? It’s surreal.

And BB interview where she said what she loved about Maleah was that “she was mine. She was given to me.” And she couldn’t find a word to describe her other than “nurturing?” . How about precious? Caring? Kind? Curious? She loved to laugh, and play with her brothers? I mean, nurturing?? SO weird. This whole case gets more weird every day. I can’t wait to hear more about what those phone records show.

Maybe he's all they can get. *shrug*

You didn’t ask me but I’ll respond. :)

I think he dealt the final blow(s) at the very least. BB may not have touched Maleah (or even may not have seen her) during the fight before she left. I think BB had some really sick “love” for DV and it wasn’t exactly reciprocated. He had one foot out the door by having a mistress imo, and he’s such a horrible person he’d certainly flip on BB if he could. But he’s not said anything that we know of to implicate her.

That said, DV and BB totally and completely deserved each other. They are despicable human beings.

What they didn’t deserve was to have custody or even visitation with Maleah...or ANY child!

This could have and SHOULD have been prevented from the first time he “whooped” Maleah or showed interest in bathing her. BB should’ve kicked him out, immediately and permanently cut off ties with him. Then again, that’s what a normal, loving parent would do if they truly loved their child!!! I’m sure there were signs of his lack of humanity long before any of this happened. BB chose a horrific man and STAYED with him as his true colors revealed themselves...blackest black and vilest dark black, evil pitch black ETC!!!
I guess you are assuming that what BB said about DV was true?

Sorry if this has been covered in previous threads.

Is it known when BBs ticket to her fathers funeral was bought?
Im just wondering if it was a last minute decision for her to attend, considering it has been said that she was abused as a child by him (ALLEGEDLY).

Im wondering if abuse of Maleah took place over the weekend prompting BB to suddenly decide to attend the funeral as an alibi. Further prompting her to make the comments about Maleah needing to see a doctor. BB then realises that Maleahs injuries are severe enough to raise suspicion so makes an excuse to bio dad that DV will take her to the doctors instead.
This could be why Maleah wasnt at daycare and DV brought her home (to hide the injuries).
BB flies out of state. Maleah dies as a result of the injuries together with her previous head traumas. DV panics and him and BB come up with the kidnapping fairytale. DV acts as clean up guy. BB plays her part getting BB2 to pick her up from the airport. BB drops DV off at the hospital and dumps the car.
MOO
my gut reckons that Maleah had been assaulted in the days leading up to her death that both BB and DV knew the *advertiser censored* would hit the fan and they would both be in a world of trouble when Maleah got medical treatment so...… a pact...….decision was made between them to just wing it and see how she got over it by herself and subsequently she died.

ive seen this a lot. it is so damn well common.
and that is why both of them are still supportive of each other and in their minds neither killed her....nature did.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
they allowed her to suffer and die slowly . all alone... how cruel and ignorant. how selfish ..how pathetic.

that's just my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members