CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is highly likely the gate was open that day- Friday morning the 10th. We were out there this past Friday starting around 6:30 a.m. and the gate remained unlocked all day , lots of construction traffic going up to the old microwave tower. We ( family and PD) have spoken with the workers at the tower, nobody has seen anything thus far.
RSBM

I haven't been up there in a couple years, but I saw a satellite pics of the area recently and looked like there was construction going on; have any workers been asked or questioned in regards to the day...or days after?
RSBM

@K1774 Welcome! Glad to have you join the discussion. I've quoted a message from a family member of MW's re: construction workers. It seems they have spoken with them but don't seem to be looking at them as potential suspects is what I gather.

I also found this article we discussed a few pages back that says there was surveillance footage from near the construction site and it showed multiple people coming and going near where MW's vehicle was
Family Members Announce $50K Reward Amid Search for Man Last Seen in Topanga Area in August
"Jayden Brant, a private investigator hired by Weaver's family, said during a news conference that he has obtained surveillance video from a nearby construction site that shows people going in and out of the area where Weaver's vehicle was spotted. While he didn't release the footage, Brant said he hopes to speak to people who were there that night who can possibly shed some light into what happened to Weaver."

https://www.dailynews.com/2019/05/25/missing-utah-woman-last-seen-at-malibu-motel

Another missing person in Malibu? Age 28-30. Possibly depressed but keep in mind that is the Malibu / LA County Sheriff department's default strategy to diminish public concern and cover their *advertiser censored**es. LE's focus should be on raising maximum awareness and locating the person - not steering their investigation according to potentially irrelevant assumptions using all capital letters...especially considering how often they have been wrong! Locals please spread the word on Jennifer Michelle Lorber.

I hope that new leads come in somehow. While I'd hope anyone with direct knowledge would have come forward by now - sometimes it takes a while for young people to wrap their head around these realities and do the right thing.

I had a question about what type of information is actually "actionable" vs just adding to the chaos of the investigation. ie - does it help if people are encouraged to "lower the bar" and offer less reliable, less specific insights? For example, reporting hearsay, rumors, or that shady neighbor or suspicious acting employee. Is that just garbage that slows things down?

Also, are you able to cross reference tips that came in on cases such as Elaine Park to see if there are any common tidbits about suspicious vehicles etc?

My family will continue to keep Matthew in our prayers.

Any information could be valuable even if you think it is nothing it could lead to some thing. I always say no matter what the information is big or small submitting a tip could mean everything. If you have a tip that has anything to do with both Elaine and Matthew please submit them as well. My family as well as the PI will look into all of the tips,

We are going to be doing a live podcast and going through the story of Matthew disappearing on Wednesday night at 7pm. If any of you guys would like to come.

Attachments

• DBF6414F-9DFB-496A-B9EA-99A7FAF91798.jpeg
    DBF6414F-9DFB-496A-B9EA-99A7FAF91798.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 36
I hope the investigator Jayden Brendt from Malibu who helped solve the LA actress case is working on this. He seems to have good understanding of technology and have connections in law enforcement. Maybe he can fill in some of the gaps and keep the pressure on to get answers for the family.

Yes We are currently working with Jayden.

questions for podcast attendees: Did the PI, Jayden Brandt, comment at all on Elaine Park's case or say whether he thought her case was related?

For those who listened to the To Live & Die podcast...why is Jayden able to get detailed, real time "ping" data yet police don't have this capability? Also, were Jayden/Neil able to do their googleaccount-voodoo to track exact movements of devices and account activity?

questions for podcast attendees: Did the PI, Jayden Brandt, comment at all on Elaine Park's case or say whether he thought her case was related?

For those who listened to the To Live & Die podcast...why is Jayden able to get detailed, real time "ping" data yet police don't have this capability? Also, were Jayden/Neil able to do their googleaccount-voodoo to track exact movements of devices and account activity?
No Jayden did not comment anything regarding Elaine. The police have the capability whether they want to use information/get warrants and all of that is another story. With the help of Matthew’s ex gf we were able to track his wearabouts using Snapchat.

Thank you for your response. it was really quite impressive to me (as a non techie) what they did on the Adea case. Not just the technology part but how methodical they were in applying the information and understanding it’s limitations. It made me think that part of the problem with police investigations is not having enough experience or familiarity to understand the value of this information. I hope the PI and podcast brings answers for Matthew & his family.
No Jayden did not comment anything regarding Elaine. The police have the capability whether they want to use information/get warrants and all of that is another story. With the help of Matthew’s ex gf we were able to track his wearabouts using Snapchat.

Thank you for your response. it was really quite impressive to me (as a non techie) what they did on the Adea case. Not just the technology part but how methodical they were in applying the information and understanding it’s limitations. It made me think that part of the problem with police investigations is not having enough experience or familiarity to understand the value of this information. I hope the PI and podcast brings answers for Matthew & his family.
I am also hoping that with all of this information from the podcast and the ID discovery show coming out in July my family and I will be able to locate matthew’s body and bring him home. My brother deserves to finally be at peace.

I am also hoping that with all of this information from the podcast and the ID discovery show coming out in July my family and I will be able to locate matthew’s body and bring him home. My brother deserves to finally be at peace.
I must have missed it. Which ID Discovery show? I’m really hoping you can find him and bring him home soon also <3

I just finished the podcast. Wow! New information on it. It gives 4 different scenarios of what could have happened and I definitely think it’s probably the last one. I would love to hear other people’s opinions?

I just finished the podcast. Wow! New information on it. It gives 4 different scenarios of what could have happened and I definitely think it’s probably the last one. I would love to hear other people’s opinions?
Very well done podcast. I thought it was brave and touching that his family was willing to be open about the challenges that have impacted Matthew.

Re #4 (the gal knowing more) agree something is up there. She was cold, crass, and barfing profanities in between her BS-sounding defenses which callously included him being "a whole body". what a waste of a tank of gas.

But #3...the suspiciously hostile work crew is concerning. Maybe he went up there looking for help with car and they realized that they could be liable for leaving the gate open. Maybe they said they would help on their lunch break (hence the time) and instead did something nefarious. Either way, Malibu City or LE should shut down their work sites until they can determine if their negligence with the gate contributed. Maybe that will shake some memories loose.

I feel bad for Matthew's family having to deal with these un-compassionate, uncooperative low lifes during their crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr