Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never proved.

The jurors are the “finders of facts” .

Apparently they believed the case against charles merritt was proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Since the checks were key in the PT’s case , I’m inclined to think they found that charles merritt , the person who benefitted , forged the checks .

charles merritt was found guilty .

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Who wants to bet that Merritt is greatly regretting not defending himself as he originally planned?

And who wants to bet he gets up on that stand to profess his love for the McStays during the sentencing phase?

Last edited by a moderator:

Unfortunately it doesn’t bring Joey, Summer and the boys back but it does mean that Patrick and the rest of the family’s can sleep easy knowing that the killer is behind bars.

His entire life was a pattern, one that involved using others in order to achieve personal gain.

Never again will this man prey on the innocent, and I take great satisfaction in that.

A guilty verdict doesn’t bring anyone back, but it does provide a small measure of satisfaction for those who have suffered at his hand.

That’s all anyone can ask for.

Exactly. His entire life was a pattern, one that involved using others in order to achieve personal gain.

Never again will this man prey on the innocent, and I take great satisfaction in that.

A guilty verdict doesn’t bring anyone back, but it does provide a small measure of satisfaction for those who have suffered at his hand.

That’s all anyone can ask for.

Exactly and it also means he can not con somebody else either.

The world is a safer place with him behind bars.

I'm so glad after all these years the McStay family can finally find peace now that Chase Merritt has been found guilty of brutally ending the lives of their beloved family members.

They will never again have to listen to the words of the narcissistic, blaming, self serving, manipulating individual who took away their entire family without any hesitation or regard for human life.

It's about time justice has been served.

"What a long strange trip it's been."

It will be interesting to see if Merritt can muscle up any real friends to speak on his behalf.

Family members are always going to be biased and so getting real friends would hold a lot more weight when he is trying to show his redeeming features.

IMO
DT was slow to respond when asked. IMO, they are reaching to fill up two days. My guess? CJ, his daughter , maybe his present GF, and his sister. Too bad his best friend Joseph can't be there.
What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member