Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #6 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was FD broke? So broke he can't meet his bail despite his lifestyle of grandeur? I think so.

But legit paper broke doesn't mean no cash. It looks like his MO is to look out for himself and not his wife or family. Construction involves building subcontractors and exchange of money for services. For some reason, FD seemed to be not be good at what he did, with multiple houses on the market (overbudget, overpriced?). It is possible that he schemed with contractors to overbill in exchange for cash kickbacks. Just speculating, but there are ways in his line of work to get a cash bankroll that is not available for bail money, but is for other endeavors.
I doubt contractors or subcontractors are in collusion with FD. I think it is far more likely he's left contractors and sub-contractors not paid at all. Our son and his partner flip houses but his contractor/subs aren't paid until the house is sold. That's the agreement. He works in a sellers market so flips are immediately sold, often after a bidding war.

The area where FD has McMansions isn't a sellers market.

Nobody is going to provide bail money to FD. MT hasn't provided him bail money. They know he will never pay it back.

JMO

Pattis is no doubt choosing his words very carefully. Which is why this statement is so crazy to me! “Even” at the scene? Such a strange choice of words. Is this because he can’t say he wasn’t at the scene? Seems like it just leaves the door open too much. Why bother?

“At the same time, Fotis Dulos’ attorney, Norm Pattis, said late Monday that there “are powerful reasons to doubt” Dulos was “even at the scene of his estranged wife’s home the day she disappeared.”

Pattis is no doubt choosing his words very carefully. Which is why this statement is so crazy to me! “Even” at the scene? Such a strange choice of words. Is this because he can’t say he wasn’t at the scene? Seems like it just leaves the door open too much. Why bother?

“At the same time, Fotis Dulos’ attorney, Norm Pattis, said late Monday that there “are powerful reasons to doubt” Dulos was “even at the scene of his estranged wife’s home the day she disappeared.”
Yeah, someone pointed out that it’s not as if he’s saying “he wasn’t there.”

It’s more like, “they can’t prove he was there.”

Big difference.

Big difference.
Somehow it just seems like baiting the State's Atty in my mind. I hope the State's Atty doesn't take the bait and works to build the best case possible. JMO

I seem to remember someone saying 10:00 am for the press to start setup but I can't find confirmation.
Ok, found this from a journalist at Fox News.

Both Fotis Dulos and Michelle Troconis are due in front of a Stamford, CT judge tomorrow at 10 a.m.

Barnini Chakraborty on Twitter

Big difference.
Just jumping off your post here MassGuy (because I can't get my post with your response brought over from the last thread). But if MT's nanny or someone close to her (other than FD) isn't strong enough to be considered an alibi, and if her cell phone data is not enough to provide MT an alibi (which IMO it is not) then what do you consider strong enough to provide her with an alibi? A doctor's note? LOL. Surveillance video showing her somewhere else, for example, at a hair appointment? Your thoughts?

Ok, found this from a journalist at Fox News.

Both Fotis Dulos and Michelle Troconis are due in front of a Stamford, CT judge tomorrow at 10 a.m.

Barnini Chakraborty on Twitter
Stepped away to jump into the abyss that is the State of CT Judiciary website to try and find the schedule to confirm the time for FD tomorrow. Still trying to figure it all out but it looks like the divorce/custody case is on the calendar for tomorrow at 2pm. Will keep looking for the other case.

lile.gif
FST-FA17-5016797-S DULOS,JENNIFER v. DULOS,FOTIS

Just jumping off your post here MassGuy (because I can't get my post with your response brought over from the last thread). But if MT's nanny or someone close to her (other than FD) isn't strong enough to be considered an alibi, and if her cell phone data is not enough to provide MT an alibi (which IMO it is not) then what do you consider strong enough to provide her with an alibi? A doctor's note? LOL. Surveillance video showing her somewhere else, for example, at a hair appointment? Your thoughts?

Yeah. I would hope for something like her cell phone being in a location, coupled with either surveillance footage, or multiple people who are deemed to be reliable.

Perhaps she was present at a meeting or something at the time.

I think a lot of people are surprised that the evidence seems to indicate that she wasn’t present at the time of the murder, and I imagine that investigators feel the same way.

They wouldn’t just look at her cell records, and take the word of someone who might be willing to lie for her.

I know that if this is true, it changes things for me (I thought she helped FD get to Jennifer’s house, and helped with the vehicle).

Last edited:

How I read it, too. I can't believe there is still no body. Everyday I hear how our every movement is tracked by different electronic devices in our possession. The new "smart homes" presumably know everything about you. Yet FD can effectively go off grid. In the middle of an advanced suburban area. Mind boggling.

To think I never got Alexa for privacy reasons. In a few years, Alexa will probably accept programming to be your alibi.

"Well, Officer Bloodhound, you can verify with Alexa I was home the night of the murder. Alexa, tell the Officer where I was."

Alexa: "Anance arrived home at 7:45 and spent an hour looking looking for the dog leash. Until she looked where I told her it was. She took her pug for a walk from 9:00 to 9:45. Her movements were tracked by the pugs Tile device, I can send a printout of her movements. From 9:45 - 11:30 she watched Netflix reruns of Friends - S4 Episodes 12-16. From 11:30 - 12:00 she bathed, washed her teeth (the full 2 min. per Sonicare), brushed her hair 36 1/2 strokes per Revlon Smart & Silky Brush. She snuck out for a cigarette from 12:00 to 12:10 (per Apple watch). She then slept with her pug from 12:15 to 7:00 (per Smart Mattress Super Comfort Foam 3000)."

NARRATOR: In reality Anace was at the warehouse in question committing the murder with a meathook

TAGLINE: Alexa - For your convenience and security, alibis for an additional charge.

In Statement Analysis if someone will not state a truth, we can't state it for them.

Pattis did not say FD was not there, only that there are "powerful reasons to doubt" he was.

It's not the same.

We haven't heard much in the press about the State's Atty so I wanted to put some information into the thread about this individual who has been in this job since 2015:
Source: StamfordNorwalk States Attorney
State's Attorney Richard J. Colangelo, Jr.
colangelo_richard.jpg

RICHARD J. COLANGELO, JR. is the State’s Attorney for the Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk. Attorney Colangelo joined the Division of Criminal Justice in March 1993 and was appointed State’s Attorney July 1, 2015.

As State’s Attorney, Colangelo is the chief law enforcement officer in the Judicial District of Stamford-Norwalk, which includes the cities of Stamford and Norwalk and the towns of Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Weston, Westport and Wilton. The State’s Attorney oversees the prosecutors and other Division of Criminal Justice staff assigned to the Superior Courts at Stamford and Norwalk, including the Superior Court for Juvenile Matters at Stamford and criminal matters brought to the Housing Session at Norwalk.

An active trial prosecutor who has tried all types of major felony cases, he is also intricately involved in criminal investigations and criminal justice education. He formed the Technical Investigations Unit of Southwest Connecticut, a regional task force of nine police departments that pools resources to examine computers and mobile devices in the course of criminal investigations. Throughout his career as a prosecutor, Colangelo has specialized in cases of child exploitation, both severe physical and sexual abuse, and child sexual exploitation cases involving the internet.

Attorney Colangelo is a graduate of Norwalk State Technical College (A.S.M.E. 1986), the University of Connecticut (B.S.M.E. 1989) and the Quinnipiac School of Law (J.D. 1992). He has taught in Criminal Justice programs in the Connecticut community college system since 1995, at the University of New Haven since 2013, and the National Computer Forensics Institute in Hoover, Alabama, since 2011. Attorney Colangelo is the Chairman of the State Board of Examiners for Psychologists, Chairman of the Easton Police Commission, President of the Human Services Council Board of Directors in Norwalk, a member of the Boys and Girls Club of Redding-Easton Board of Directors, and a member of the Eyewitness Identification Task Force. He has presented on various topics at area schools, businesses and parent groups.

The Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk was established effective July 1, 1981, as a result of the passage of Public Act 80-201, which moved the communities that now comprise the judicial district from the Judicial District of Fairfield. State's Attorney Colangelo is the third person to serve as State's Attorney for the district. Eugene J. Callahan was the first Stamford/Norwalk State's Attorney, serving from 1981to 2001, followed by David I. Cohen, who served from 2001-2015.

Norm Pattis: Michelle Troconis not in New Canaan day Jennifer Dulos went missing

I have been working to figure out who some of the LE professionals involved with the case are and found a few names in this article.

James Rovella, the commissioner of the state Department of Emergency Serivces and Public Protection. This agency encompasses the Connecticut State Police who have been working with NCPD.

Col. Stavros Mellekas (State Police)- Homicide Detective

I was also curious how the case is being handled between the different agencies/groups. This article confirms that the JD investigation is under the direction of Attorney Colangelo - state's attorney for the Stamford-Norwalk judicial district.

NCPD: Chief Leon Krolikowski

From the above linked CT Post article:

"State officials have been closely watching the investigation, according to a top aide for James Rovella, the commissioner of the state Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection.

Rovella’s agency encompasses the Connecticut State Police who have been working with New Canaan police and Richard Colangelo Jr., the state’s attorney for the Stamford-Norwalk judicial district.

“Commissioner Rovella and (state police) Col. Stavros Mellekas are two of the most respected homicide detectives in the state and they are watching this very closely,” said Brian Foley, executive aide to Rovella.

As the head of the Chief State’s Attorney’s Cold Case Unit, Rovella was instrumental in New Britain State’s Attorney Brian Preleski gaining a 2007 manslaughter conviction of William Devon Howell in the disappearance of Nilsa Arizmendi whose body was not found until 2015, Foley said.

Howell was serving a 15-year sentence in her death when new information led to the discovery that he killed six other victims around the time Arizmendi disappeared in 2003. Howell is now serving a 360-year sentence.

Foley said the state police have provided resources as needed for the New Canaan investigation, which is now under the direction of Colangelo.

“Technically, it’s a missing person’s case,” Foley said. “But investigators approach these cases as if it were a homicide until we learn otherwise.”

The investigators from the various agencies are “functioning like a task force under the state’s attorney right now,” Foley said."

Last edited:
Norm Pattis: Michelle Troconis not in New Canaan day Jennifer Dulos went missing

I have been working to figure out who some of the LE professionals involved with the case are and found a few names in this article.

James Rovella, the commissioner of the state Department of Emergency Serivces and Public Protection. This agency encompasses the Connecticut State Police who have been working with NCPD.

Col. Stavros Mellekas (State Police)- Homicide Detective

I was also curious how the case is being handled between the different agencies/groups. This article confirms that the JD investigation is under the direction of Attorney Colangelo - state's attorney for the Stamford-Norwalk judicial district.

NCPD: Chief Leon Krolikowski

From the above linked CT Post article:

"State officials have been closely watching the investigation, according to a top aide for James Rovella, the commissioner of the state Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection.

Rovella’s agency encompasses the Connecticut State Police who have been working with New Canaan police and Richard Colangelo Jr., the state’s attorney for the Stamford-Norwalk judicial district.

“Commissioner Rovella and (state police) Col. Stavros Mellekas are two of the most respected homicide detectives in the state and they are watching this very closely,” said Brian Foley, executive aide to Rovella.

As the head of the Chief State’s Attorney’s Cold Case Unit, Rovella was instrumental in New Britain State’s Attorney Brian Preleski gaining a 2007 manslaughter conviction of William Devon Howell in the disappearance of Nilsa Arizmendi whose body was not found until 2015, Foley said.

Howell was serving a 15-year sentence in her death when new information led to the discovery that he killed six other victims around the time Arizmendi disappeared in 2003. Howell is now serving a 360-year sentence.

Foley said the state police have provided resources as needed for the New Canaan investigation, which is now under the direction of Colangelo.

“Technically, it’s a missing person’s case,” Foley said. “But investigators approach these cases as if it were a homicide until we learn otherwise.”

The investigators from the various agencies are “functioning like a task force under the state’s attorney right now,” Foley said."
Both of your last 2 posts were very interesting! Thanks for finding the info/links and posting both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy