UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
turn the sound down! But this is an interesting interpretation of the man/men on cctv. It looks to me IMO the man/men may be watching Claudia's house door back/front etc. NYP website still have this info. on their pages ie haven't taken off explaining it was the owner of nearby flats who used to check them (who later died of heart attack) - I'll have to check the book 'Gone' again for a recap, but these men seem soooo suspicious.... as if covering all Claudia's possible escape routes?!? She surely got in a car in the eve/AM as only explanation for not being in cctv.

I stand corrected...it clarifies all of this in the book...the man checking WAS identified had has since passed away (he was checking his flats) although they never ID'd the other man/men who may have witnessed Claudia in the AM. They do indeed have CCTV of Claudia posting letter. That was the last time she was seen.

Yes, is it on this cctv?
No, the post office cctv footage (no cctv actually covers her house - just parts of her route to work which also passes post office). This cctv is to rear of her house. I'll find it if you wish? It's the last sighting of her (final contact was voice call with her mum) a text from female friend. Final text from male in cypress was unanswered. Either cus she was asleep or something had already happened between 8-9pm. That she was not seen on her way to work by the post office and garage cctv is evidence that she did not walk there that AM.

It's so strange...if she was taken from back of lane the cctv would have captured her (like we see the man/men on it - that in itself is odd!!!). If she walked out the front part of her normal route to work the street/shop cctv would have captured her. So all we have is 3!!! possible men walking near in the eve then 5AM (I'll post a vid in my next post), an Astra van opposite her house - evening before (cctv of this but not Claudia getting in it), or that she got in it/another car/or walked/down the street where there was no cctv a little way, but not all of the way (as she wasn't caught on cctv on foot), so she must have gone out the front and then taken in a car otherwise she would have been seen on a cctv!!!
Is there a relatively easy way to access Claudia's roof?

No, the post office cctv footage (no cctv actually covers her house - just parts of her route to work which also passes post office). This cctv is to rear of her house. I'll find it if you wish? It's the last sighting of her (final contact was voice call with her mum) a text from female friend. Final text from male in cypress was unanswered. Either cus she was asleep or something had already happened between 8-9pm. That she was not seen on her way to work by the post office and garage cctv is evidence that she did not walk there that AM.
footage in first half of Donal's Unsolved programme.

Is there a relatively easy way to access Claudia's roof?
They are terraced houses so could well be!!!! Body stored in roof? Then moved??? Not the first time a body in a roof not spotted in the UK. But no crime scene in her house, but another house/a neighbours??? Interesting thought!

I feel she was taken/or went willingly in the non cctv covered area either night before or on route to work...this is interesting... taken from bus cctv...... White Vauxhall Astra Van and fits the timeline of no contact from 9pm ish. I feel the police are not keeping public up dated for various operational reasons and that they surely have strong poi's yet no forensic!!!!!

I hadnt noticed the man (white jumper) on the other side of the road before
Interesting I thought....he is there in the original police footage too, ie not added in in this edit. Is he a potential witness? Even if he's just waiting for a bus? They say heart attack man, apologies can't recall his name (early 5am cctv man) was elimated and didn't know Claudia. Book quotes attached.. But does that leave the 7pm cctv man/men as poi's still? I wish NYP would up date their pages and explain current thinking, instead of leaving old info. there...unless it all still stands and these other sources are wrong?

Attachments

• 20190610_175502.jpg
    20190610_175502.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190610_175522.jpg
    20190610_175522.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 16
Donal mentioned that Claudia's phone was switched off at 12 midnight instead of 12 noon

Last edited:
Donal mentioned that Claudia's phone was switched off at 12 midnight instead of 12 noon
That was a common error at start of case, but it is definitely 12 noon as MSM recently stated. I held a lot of faith in Marc Williams-thomas ..... edited to say i know you say Donal, but made me think of other programmes! .... but some are critical of him ie does he really have links to police info. or is he just a tv investigator?!?

That was a common error at start of case, but it is definitely 12 noon as MSM recently stated. I held a lot of faith in Marc Williams-thomas ..... edited to say i know you say Donal, but made me think of other programmes! .... but some are critical of him ie does he really have links to police info. or is he just a tv investigator?!?

MWT's work on pistorius was completely shoddy

IMO he is not a genuine investigative journalist but an access kind of guy

I feel she was taken/or went willingly in the non cctv covered area either night before or on route to work...this is interesting... taken from bus cctv...... White Vauxhall Astra Van and fits the timeline of no contact from 9pm ish. I feel the police are not keeping public up dated for various operational reasons and that they surely have strong poi's yet no forensic!!!!!
Personally, I think that the white Astra van is a red herring. It is not exactly opposite Claudia's house, its quite a way up the road, by Friar Tucks Fish and Chip shop, near the traffic lights. I think its actually parked at what was in October 2009, Quartz Travel.

I find NYP let out quite a bit of info at start of case and a bit over the years, but they don't seem to update the public on what/if their leads ie calls to crimewatch etc over the years ever got them anywhere, I guess they can't if it was central to the arrests. So weird 9 or so folk arrested but no forensic to prosecute. Either no forensics exist or very very well hidden!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288