Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she say left from Benaroon Drive?
She said she was driving around looking for William. Is it possible that she turned left from Benaroon and headed up Batar Road for a bit then turned right from another street on to Batar Road and headed down toward the riding school?
Or maybe there were 2 riding schools in Kendall in 2014 at different locations.

At the inquest she may have stated she turned around where the riding school is now. To keep it relevant to today's geography. Less confusing perhaps.
At the time, in 2014, I think it was just the showground ... with a large enough car park to flip around easily and go back home.

Though it would make sense if she travelled in both directions for a little bit, just to be sure in her own mind that William was not on Batar Creek Road and in danger of being accidently run down.

Last edited:
A riding school is shown on a map tendered to the inquest - the map which shows the lists of searchers and where they went, so presumably it was used on the third day of the inquest when the search coordinator and SES unit controller were appearing.

The riding school is in the lower-right corner of the map, near the edge, and most photos of the map have cropped it out. But it can be seen in a photo here (caption starts "A map of homes..."):
News.com.au, 31 March 2019

It's roughly 500 metres (600 yards) south of the intersection with Benaroon Drive. From FFC's mother's house it would be a drive of about 1 km (half a mile).

A riding school is shown on a map tendered to the inquest - the map which shows the lists of searchers and where they went, so presumably it was used on the third day of the inquest when the search coordinator and SES unit controller were appearing.

The riding school is in the lower-right corner of the map, near the edge, and most photos of the map have cropped it out. But it can be seen in a photo here (caption starts "A map of homes..."):

It's roughly 500 metres (600 yards) south of the intersection with Benaroon Drive. From FFC's mother's house it would be a drive of about 1 km (half a mile).

What good eyes you have. Thanks for solving that.:)

There is a lot that is not being mentioned here, TBL.

Jubes is taking a lot of beating, but The Telegraph article also mentions how DS Lambert (the other officer in the 'altercation') was given leave, then reassigned to the Unsolved Homicide Review division when he returned.
Both Lambert and Jubes were taken off William's case.
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

This article is paywalled, would you please copy and paste the relevant paragraphs and tell us the date of the article? TIA

No official complaint was made about the Det Lambert v Det Jubelin incident, which was witnessed by several other officers who helped break up the heated confrontation in the homicide squad offices.

After a short time on leave, Det Sgt Lambert returned to the SCC earlier this year but was rostered to a position on the Unsolved Homicide Review Team.

Brenden Hills, Court Reporter, The Sunday Telegraph
March 30, 2019 11:30pm
Just curious where the part in the initial post where it states that Lambert 'was given' leave, originated?

The MSM version of the triple-0 call is now longer than it was before. I don't know when it was updated or why.

Here's my transcript of the new section, including the questions before and after to show where it fits:

Simone (S), the triple-0 operator: What's William's surname?
Female foster carer (FFC): Ah, Tyrrell: T-Y-double R-E-double L.
S: What was your name?
FFC: It's [bleeped].
S: Your surname?
FFC: [bleeped].
S: Okay. What's your phone number?
FFC: Ah, [bleeped].
S: Okay. Does he have any health concerns or anything?
FFC: He has [bleeped] and suffers from asthma every so often.
S: Okay... I'll pop that in there for you...
FFC: Yep.
S: Okay. Has he been known to, sort of, go anywhere, [inaudible]?
FFC: No! This is the first time. It's completely out of character.

"Mystery deepens"..., Daily Mail Australia, 26 March 2019

The MSM version of the triple-0 call is now longer than it was before. I don't know when it was updated or why.

Here's my transcript of the new section, including the questions before and after to show where it fits:

Simone (S), the triple-0 operator: What's William's surname?
Female foster carer (FFC): Ah, Tyrrell: T-Y-double R-E-double L.
S: What was your name?
FFC: It's [bleeped].
S: Your surname?
FFC: [bleeped].
S: Okay. What's your phone number?
FFC: Ah, [bleeped].
S: Okay. Does he have any health concerns or anything?
FFC: He has [bleeped] and suffers from asthma every so often.
S: Okay... I'll pop that in there for you...
FFC: Yep.
S: Okay. Has he been known to, sort of, go anywhere, [inaudible]?
FFC: No! This is the first time. It's completely out of character.

"Mystery deepens"..., Daily Mail Australia, 26 March 2019

Thanks again.
We have walked up and down Benaroon Drive and we can't find him.

Thanks again.
We have walked up and down Benaroon Drive and we can't find him.

Sounds like FM likely took the car to look a bit further after the call. Presumably FD was back by then and she could have taken their vehicle.

I think the police arrived within 6 minutes, didn't they? And she was standing on the street when they arrived.

Last edited:
Just curious where the part in the initial post where it states that Lambert 'was given' leave, originated?

Why? It sounds like he was just given normal annual, medical or carer's leave. The article didn't say anything else ... no suspension or anything like that.

Last edited:
Why? It sounds like he was just given normal annual, medical or carer's leave. The article didn't say anything else ... no suspension or anything like that.
To me, the word 'given' in the context in which it was used, presumes he was asked to take leave, 'given leave', whereas if he had *asked* to be on leave (like say for example, stress leave), I would have thought more along the lines of 'took a leave'. The way it was written I had taken it to mean that in addition to GJ being re-assigned to desk duty, Lambert had also been re-assigned to take a leave. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

You little BIG beauty....thankyou.

To me, the word 'given' in the context in which it was used, presumes he was asked to take leave, 'given leave', whereas if he had *asked* to be on leave (like say for example, stress leave), I would have thought more along the lines of 'took a leave'. The way it was written I had taken it to mean that in addition to GJ being re-assigned to desk duty, Lambert had also been re-assigned to take a leave. My apologies if that was mistaken.

<modsnip: rude>

Paid leave is given when persons apply for it for personal reasons (holiday, moving house, etc), or when a doctor instructs it, or when a death in the family requires it, or when a close family member requires care.
To me, a person does not just 'take it'. Authorisation needs to be given, signed off by the appropriate person, for paid leave to be allowed to be taken from the leave accrual. Otherwise it is given as leave without pay.

I have no idea why Brenden Hills included it in his article. Sound like Jubes was just reassigned to duties in the 9th floor exec offices, so one would imagine Lambert was just reassigned to his rostered position with the Unsolved Homicide Review Team also. Don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go to the link above, there is an option to download a copy.. I downloaded in PDF, and then saved only the 2 pages of interest to me.. attached here now.

I have a gut feeling the unnamed investigator is Lambert.

Thanks for the download.

Well, Jubes did say that by the time the police were called William could have been 30km away.

"You cross the Camden Haven River and nobody notices young William with the seatbelt over him. You bypass the police station in Laurieton and you just keep driving. By the time William’s mother calls 000 you are 30km away. There are tens of thousands of hectares of dense bushland between you and Kendall. William is strapped in beside you, dressed in his Spider-Man suit."
Australian Crime News

Hypothetical scenario.

Hypothetical scenario.

Was the scenario stated in your post 'that would give a person time to remove William from the area' or similar words, not hypothetical also? Theorising?

One would think that detectives run through many hypothetical scenarios when trying to establish the facts of the case. What any evidence they have may point to.

IIRC Jubes also hypothesised that William could have been accidently run over, in the same interview/article.

Yes, you may be right. According to that Sunday Telegraph article published by Brenden Hills, March 30 2019, Jubes was concentrating on one suspect while Lambert was concentrating on another suspect ... and their altercation stemmed from that.

With both being now removed from the case, perhaps Laidlaw - who is now the lead detective on the case, according to the article - will concentrate on both suspects, if they are the two primary suspects in this investigation.

Makes me wonder if the two individuals lawyered up for the inquest are the two primaries.

There is NO evidence of such.

BS lawyer was OBVIOUSLY there to clarify and verify phone calls made to and from himself regarding the washing machine repair and he did so.

PS had participated in the search of the reeded area that FFC said she had also searched and that happened when she was by herself and it is likely he had legal counsel in case something was raised about the area during that part of the Inquest.

If these men were main persons of interest it is now well known the 2nd tranche is about POIs I do doubt their legal counsels would have been required at 1st tranche.

I don't dispute the locations of the riding school in 2014, however my notes from the inquest say the FFC said she turned left onto BC road and drove up as far as the disabled riding school.

I had never seen it in writing about turning left and that is what I found during my refresh reading after not finding any reference to actual direction.

I had assumed she did turn left and considered she may have been driving towards where MFC would be returning from to double check for her own mind he had not returned and picked up William...left again to do something he had forgotten then was on his way back. My thoughts were founded after her question to him when he returned to the scene...is William with you.

She obviously turned right and drove to the riding school which at the time was at 158 Bcreek Rd. Could she have followed a vehicle she had seen? The riding school at 158 is on the way to the 2018 search area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member