Dominican Republic - American tourists found dead in resorts, same cause of death, 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get em FBI!! Put this sick individual or individuals out of commission.
I really believe they have a serial killer.

Though I agree that the person is 'sick', they might not be an intentional serial killer.

Perhaps the motive is for a bar tender to drug the victims to where they are in a stupor, then other gang members rob them while "helping" them back to their rooms or "guiding" them outside to get some fresh air? If this is the motive, then the deaths may have been due to accidental over doses or dangerous experimentation with drugs while trying to get the desired effect.
Someone getting back at rich Americans?
My guess is that the motive could be purely cash based rather than politically based: Somebody trying to drug- then rob rich Americans. Instead, however, the targets are overdosed to the extent that they later die.

I’m sure this has been brought up. Now I can’t help but wonder again about the couple that supposedly had the car accident, whose car was found in the water:

Found Deceased - Dominican Republic - Orlando Moore & Portia Ravenelle, from NY on vacation, April 2019

-/

Eta:
Wow guys, start reading the above thread here, various other incidents listed:
Found Deceased - Dominican Republic - Orlando Moore & Portia Ravenelle, from NY on vacation, April 2019

-/

Sudden deaths of Maryland couple, Cynthia Day & Nathaniel Holmes, D.Republic resort,30 May 2019

I think we should put together a list from all these various threads. I’m seeing a lot of stuff in Portia’s and Orlando’s thread.
IMO that case tho tragic is probably not related. Circumstances and cause of deaths are very different than these other cases. My personal opinion only is that one really was an accident.

I’m sure this has been brought up. Now I can’t help but wonder again about the couple that supposedly had the car accident, whose car was found in the water:

-/

Eta:
Wow guys, start reading the above thread here, various other incidents listed:

-/

Sudden deaths of Maryland couple, Cynthia Day & Nathaniel Holmes, D.Republic resort,30 May 2019

I think we should put together a list from all these various threads. I’m seeing a lot of stuff in Portia’s and Orlando’s thread.
I agree margarita25!

another report of an assault.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/instagram-influencer-regrets-not-being-honest-about-her-dominican-republic-travels/ar-AACIEWV?ocid=st

"You feel this obligation to be honest, but a fear of rejection if you are," Smith told INSIDER of being a social media influencer. "I didn't tell my story, and I think it's out of fear."

She said she wanted to tell her story after Tammy Lawrence-Daley, 51, claimed in a Facebook post that she was attacked the all-inclusive Majestic Elegance resort in Punta Cana while she was vacationing her her husband and friends in January.

"It's not a safe country, and it's not just the five-star resorts," Smith said. "I feel like I can't sit here and listen to the prime minister and say 'Our country is safe,' because it's not safe."

Dominican Republic national police chief spokesman Col. Frank Durán told CBS News that officials are still investigating her claims, and say they have found inconsistencies.

The Dominican Republic is also facing scrutiny after several American tourists died while staying at resorts around the country. Other tourists have come forward claiming they were poisoned at resorts.

more at link

Just saw a news report of one of the resorts in the DR. They opened a mini bar to show the refillable bottles of alcohol. It appeared there was a sort of tap on the bottle, where you could dispense the alcohol into a glass. To me, this would be the place to start the investigation. As for the woman who drank the Seven Up, and became ill, we would need more information.

Is someone intentionally refilling these bottles with a lethal substance, or is it just a batch of bad alcohol from time to time?

I hope the resorts aren’t getting rid of the bottles before investigators can look.

Once again, this is happening outside of the US, and as a non citizen, your rights are limited.

IMHO

Remembering the Tylenol murders, I hope that someone gets to the bottom of this ASAP. If my husband asks me if I want to go to a beautiful resort in the DR, I'll be worried. How many will want to take someone there that they want gone and have the blame shifted elsewhere? Yikes!

In the link it states it will take at least one month for the toxicology results

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/dominican-republic-grand-bahia-hard-rock-american-tourist-death-846888/

What the Hell Is Going On In the Dominican Republic?
Though it’s unclear if they’re connected, at least six American tourists have died under mysterious circumstances in the last year alone

Is the Dominican Republic safe?
For now, it appears that the answer is a tentative yes. Although the U.S. State Department issued a level 2 travel advisory warning for tourists visiting the island back in April (for reference, there are four levels of advisory warnings, with a level 2 urging visitors to “exercise increased caution”), it appeared to be due to concerns about “violent crime, including armed robbery, homicide, and sexual assault” and not illness.

more at link

In the link it states it will take at least one month for the toxicology results

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/dominican-republic-grand-bahia-hard-rock-american-tourist-death-846888/

What the Hell Is Going On In the Dominican Republic?
Though it’s unclear if they’re connected, at least six American tourists have died under mysterious circumstances in the last year alone

Is the Dominican Republic safe?
For now, it appears that the answer is a tentative yes. Although the U.S. State Department issued a level 2 travel advisory warning for tourists visiting the island back in April (for reference, there are four levels of advisory warnings, with a level 2 urging visitors to “exercise increased caution”), it appeared to be due to concerns about “violent crime, including armed robbery, homicide, and sexual assault” and not illness.

more at link

Huh. If I want robbery, sexual assault, homocide, and violent crime, I can stay in the United States. Why pay to go to DR? Miami has a very nice beach.

Just saw a news report of one of the resorts in the DR. They opened a mini bar to show the refillable bottles of alcohol. It appeared there was a sort of tap on the bottle, where you could dispense the alcohol into a glass. To me, this would be the place to start the investigation. As for the woman who drank the Seven Up, and became ill, we would need more information.

Is someone intentionally refilling these bottles with a lethal substance, or is it just a batch of bad alcohol from time to time?

I hope the resorts aren’t getting rid of the bottles before investigators can look.

Once again, this is happening outside of the US, and as a non citizen, your rights are limited.

IMHO
Interesting about the tap. I’ve opened minibar vodka before only to find someone drank it and filled it with water. I thought this was something similar until hearing from your report. Thanks

On Tucker Carlson Tonight

An official (spokesperson) from the Dominican R. was responding to a reporter on the ground on Tucker Carlson tonight and he said.... People on vacation are not used to all inclusive and sometimes they eat and drink too much! - (they are blaming the victims)

Of course Tucker had a great response- Ok, so people are eating themselves to death..

An official (spokesperson) from the Dominican R. was responding to a reporter on the ground on Tucker Carlson tonight and he said.... People on vacation are not used to all inclusive and sometimes they eat and drink too much! - (they are blaming the victims)

Of course Tucker had a great response- Ok, so people are eating themselves to death..

Guess the spokesperson from the DR has never been on a cruise ship. No mysterious deaths there!

Wait I thought that all have died from heart attacks, pulmonary edema, and respiratory failure. Now he’s saying they died cuz they ate or drank too much?

ETA: Not to mention Miranda had just arrived there and only had one drink. She wasn’t there long enough to enjoy the “all inclusive”!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member