CANADA Canada - Mekayla Bali, aka M Niebergall, 16, Yorkton, Saskatchewan, 12 April 2016

Just watching the evening news, can't help but think of Mekayla:
Saskatoon part of 'human trafficking city triangles,' MMIWG report finds

Note the "human trafficking city triangles" outlined in the video at this link:
Saskatoon police face jurisdictional challenge in fight against human trafficking

Triangle (including Yorkton) FWIW:
Google Maps
Interesting that Yorkton is included in the triangle, it would not surprise me one teeny bit if Mekayla has been plunged into that world.
Almost hoping that is the case because there is a chance she is still alive and can be rescued if only somebody speaks up. imo, speculation.
"John" (s)??

Mekayla-165x214.jpg
Mekayla Bali Disappearance - Mekayla Bali
Date of Birth - Jul 02, 1999
Missing Since - Apr 12, 2016
Missing From - Yorkton, Saskatchewan
Eye Colour - Blue
Hair Colour - Blonde
MCSC Case #16-1318
Law Enforcement Case #2016430186
Law Enforcement Contact - Yorkton RCMP - 1-844-880-6518 or RCMP.FBali.GRC@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Mekayla is described as:

- Caucasian female
- Approximately 5'2" tall
- Weighing approximately 114 lbs.
- She is known to change her appearance: she has red-ish hair which can be dyed blonde or other colours and she wears her hair down, pulled back, straight or wavy. She sometimes wears dark rimmed (teal) glasses and a teal/mint colored infinity scarf. When Mekayla was reported missing she was 16 years old
- At the time of her disappearance, Mekayla was last seen wearing teal glasses, Joseph Seibel burgundy suede embroidery boots, jeans, burgundy coat, teal infinity scarf, a Ruby gemstone ring and was carrying a blue plaid backpack.
- Mekayla may also be using the name Mekayla Niebergall

Circumstances

RCMP is asking the public for their assistance to locate Mekayla Bali. Mekayla was last seen at the STC Bus Depot in Yorkton at 1:45 p.m. on April 12, 2016. Since Mekayla was reported missing by her family on April 12, 2016, investigators have been working diligently to locate her.
While Mekayla was last seen in the STC Bus Depot in Yorkton, investigators have spoken with the employees working at the bus depot and determined she did not board a bus on April 12. Several sightings and tips have been reported to police. These have all been investigated and Mekayla has not been located.
Investigators have found no evidence Mekayla has a passport and investigators have no reason to believe she has left Canada. However, as is standard practice in an investigation like this, our law enforcement partners at border crossings have been notified the RCMP is looking for Mekayla. All leads are being thoroughly investigated and investigators are not ruling out any possibilities.
At this point in the investigation, there is no indication of foul play; however, we must locate and speak with her to confirm her safety. Mekayla’s family is concerned for her well being, and like us, wants to ensure she is safe.
Investigators will continue looking for Mekayla until she is located. If you have information to share or if you see Mekayla, do not wait – please contact police or report it IMMEDIATELY.
If you have any information please contact the Yorkton Municipal RCMP at 1-844-880-6518 or email RCMP.FBali.GRC@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.
If you wish to remain anonymous, please contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submit a tip via their website: http://saskcrimestoppers.com or text in a tip: TIP206 + your tip to CRIMES (274637).

I couldn't find a thread for Mekayla already so I'm sorry if this is a duplicate.

Welcome to Ws CarlyMarie, thanks for the uplifting link!
  1. "Mekayla Bali disappeared from Yorkton, SK in April 2016. She was 16 at the time. These are age-enhanced photos depicting what experts think she would look like today, at age 20. Investigators have followed leads to #yeg - though no sighting has been confirmed. RT?
    ECiDuPOWkAAhsvc.jpg

"The tipster said he believes he spoke to Mekayla outside the High Run club in Capilano in March. He didn’t know she was missing then. But when he saw her missing poster on social media two weeks ago, he called RCMP."
    ECiBYv1WkAUveAX.jpg

ECiBYv1WwAABmY0.jpg

ECiBYv1XsAEq-cF.jpg

"It turns out, two tips have recently come in to Mekayla’s mom saying she’s been spotted in #yeg - one from a man who says he had a conversation with her in March, and that she used her real name and lived in the Capilano area."

Welcome to Ws CarlyMarie, thanks for the uplifting link!
  1. "Mekayla Bali disappeared from Yorkton, SK in April 2016. She was 16 at the time. These are age-enhanced photos depicting what experts think she would look like today, at age 20. Investigators have followed leads to #yeg - though no sighting has been confirmed. RT?
    ECiDuPOWkAAhsvc.jpg

"The tipster said he believes he spoke to Mekayla outside the High Run club in Capilano in March. He didn’t know she was missing then. But when he saw her missing poster on social media two weeks ago, he called RCMP."
    ECiBYv1WkAUveAX.jpg

ECiBYv1WwAABmY0.jpg

ECiBYv1XsAEq-cF.jpg

"It turns out, two tips have recently come in to Mekayla’s mom saying she’s been spotted in #yeg - one from a man who says he had a conversation with her in March, and that she used her real name and lived in the Capilano area."
I really hope they get more proof she’s alive and well this really hits the community hard .

I think about this case almost every day. Something about Mekayla and this story really caught my interest. It is so shocking to me that she completely disappeared off the face of the earth in a matter of minutes. What are most haunting are those videos released of the last few moments of her life. Watching them, I think to myself what could have been going through her head at that time? Why did she leave school that day? As she paid for her coffee at Tim Hortons, what was going through her mind? And of course - where is she now? I struggle to believe she has passed or been murdered. I believe she is still alive today. I don’t know why I believe that - just a feeling I guess. I hope that one day soon, we can stop wondering. I hope one day soon someone recognizes her. When I walk downtown or take the bus, I look for her in all the faces. I hope her family gets some answers soon. ♥️

Sharing a friends insight

Let us discuss the school.

Firstly, officials at the school do not wish to comment on the investigation and forward anyone inquiring into the case to the RCMP. But there is still information available that gives us some insight:

1. The school has a policy in place which notifies parents or caregivers if a child is absent or late. This is an automatic process and the school indicated they would have automatically contacted the parent or guardian.

2. When did PB receive word that MB was not attending school?

3. Friends of Mekayla suggest she often skipped school or ditched some classes.

4. PB says in the podcast interview that the school threw out her locker belongings. However, the school maintains they did not and that everything was handed over to the RCMP. This leads me to believe that there is some worry that the belongings would trigger something else - and the quick narrative provided by Paula, that the school threw the belongings out and they do not exist anymore, is misleading and a lie. If the belongings are gone, and non-existent, then no one will question them, or suspect anything is relevant there.
1f609.png
;)

5. PB indicated the school did not do a search. The school maintains they have and are fully cooperating with RCMP. No search was requested as MB was seen on security footage leaving the school.

6. PB suggests the school does not care for MB and denied a request to have an empty seat at graduation time in her honor. The school did not respond to this question, but a staff member says this request was never made.

7. The search behind the school was conducted many months after. The tip came from a psychic who claims to have contacted MB's spirit and indicated she had passed on and is in the water behind the school. RCMP later learned fully where the tip came from and an extensive ground search earlier did not give any clues. Given the ridiculous nature of the clue, the RCMP probably did not want to further waste time on a water search.

8. None of MB friends, including her "best friend" at the school helped in any search, helped in any manner or assisted in any way. Not even a single missing poster was posted at the school. Many of her classmates did not know she was missing until days and even weeks later. Some indicated they thought she committed suicide or ran away from home indicating they believe she was not happy and depressed. They also note that she did smoke weed and perhaps did other drugs, but are not certain. They claim she was very elusive and was smart about getting out of trouble or avoiding trouble with her mom and school. For the most part, everyone was "off the record".

Determining a Possible Route based upon available evidence.

1. Mekayla was last seen at the Trail Stop Restaurant. Now, some documents claim she entered at 12:15 and left at 1:45, but others are not so accurate, claiming she left between 1:00-1:45.

2. When Grandma Bali went to pick up MB she was not at school and Paula Bali called Mekayla's cell phone which she says connected and then went to Voice Mail. The call connected just after 3pm. Again, the exact time is not noted. The phone did not go to VM after this call, however, indicating it was turned off, or destroyed.

3. In the initial search for MB, police identified two possible locations at which she could be. Saskatoon to the North West and Regina to the South West. They will not elaborate why they suspected these two locations but indicated they had good leads.

4. To get to Saskatoon the easiest way is HWY 16 NW.

5. To get to Regina the easiest way is HWY 10 SW.

6. Now back to Paula's call. MB cell would have pinged off the nearest cell tower indicating a location. It would be easy to determine if the cell phone was on HW16 heading NW or on HWY 10 heading SW.

7. However, police are not certain, exactly which city they believed she was in. This would rule out a witness, or other evidence except for the cell tower ping.

8. Heading West on HWY 52 is the only option whereas a driver could go to either, without loosing much time. Someone familiar with the area would probably choose this route, to maintain a lower profile, as both 16 and 10 would be highly trafficked areas and possible police patrolled.

9. Now consider the timing. From Yorkton to Ituna, the junction at which one could go to either city is about 52 minutes driving time.

10. The drive time gives enough time for MB to travel towards Ituna, have the call placed and recorded on a cell tower ping and then be turned off, giving police two options - Saskatoon and Regina.

11. Has Ituna town residents been questioned by the RCMP? What about gas station surveillance tapes? Other security footage?

Great insight! only add a "imo" (in my opinion) so that the post sticks and to differentiate your info. from LE or a news release.

Hoping and still thinking that MB might well be alive and by choice or not, leading a different life.
imo, speculation.

So beautiful and young, so I'm sure that I'm not the only one who believes that she was trafficked.

Mekayla was trying to pawn a ring, but it was of very little value, she had wanted a friend to take her to the bank, she mentioned that she was expecting $5000. She withdrew $55 and whilst she was in a cafe she asked a lady if she would give her money for a hotel room. Is it possible someone was going to use her to buy a large quantity of drugs? She texted a friend “I am in trouble” when she was in the cafe. She seemed desperate for money, did she owe somebody, was she being blackmailed over maybe nude photos she may have sent, all just theories but somebody had her running all over town that day!!

I am very interested in Mekayla’s story and have been for quite some time. I think about her every day. From everything I have read and listened to and searched the internet for, my own opinion is that she was waiting for someone that day and that person ended up doing her harm. Whether that means the unspeakable or other awful things like human trafficking, kidnapping, etc I am not sure but I think this is the only plausible explanation based on the facts. Nothing else really makes sense. That being said, I also believe not enough of people know of her story or know her face. I plan on putting up some posters where I live, just to remind people she is still missing because even I forgot until the new evidence came out in February. People are out and busy looking at their phones, going about their own business. And if her picture was up at bus stops and on posts etc I just feel it would bring even more attention.

I have a question regarding her social media. I have been unable to locate her own personal ones yet I have heard she had up to 12 different accounts under different names. This may be false. But recently even someone posted that her social media is still live. Is this true? If so, any way to make it easier to find? I have done multiple searches and I’m fairly tech savvy and have not found any.
Thanks.

csh

This is her ig mekayla (@miki_deadspace) • Instagram photos and videos

Her Instagram is very sad, she talks of cutting and killing herself, she is very depressed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back