MO MO - Betty Alexander, 69, Sullivan, 11 April 2019

Meramec State Park is a possibility. The park wouldn't have had many visitors on a weekday that early in the year. If she wandered off, a closer possibility would be the big stretch of woods between the south side of the city and Pump Hollow Rd. All Betty would have needed to do is go out past the fire station to South Church St., turn left and follow it to the end behind the elementary school. The woods begin right there and are very dense with a long stretch downhill. In mid-April, she may have wanted to go mushroom hunting, there are a lot of morel mushrooms in that area. She may have wandered quite a distance back there.

Yea that's why I'm interested. Although I haven't seen much predator activity like vultures, coyotes etc. But who knows! Probably gonna check the tracks headed toward st Clair.

yeah, I'm concerned that she was spotted standing on the sidewalk looking at the fire station. Sounds like a person with dementia who is "lost", not sure where they belong. If this was in the afternoon, she could have been experiencing "Sundowner Syndrome" when dementia patients become restless, agitated and very disoriented. It would be exacerbated if she hadn't been eating or drinking fluids much - another complication of dementia. Sometimes patients want to return "home" ("this isn't my house") but don't know how to get there. Poor woman.

So very sad! My family comes from Sullivan and this area, years ago.

I recognize your user ID name :)

I would usually be heading down there for Memorial Day, but am taking a different trip this year. There will be a lot of people down there for the holidays, a lot outdoors hiking, canoeing, camping, etc. Perhaps someone will find her if she wandered off.

I found an article saying that Betty and her husband had lived right off Main St.

Is anyone able to check and see how far away that was from her current apartment, or perhaps it was the same one? Thanks.

Very sad situation, indeed.

"He ended up back in Sullivan, where he still lives today, with his wife, Betty, in low-income housing for seniors, just off Main Street."

Good research! It looks like the apartment off Main Street is likely the same one where Betty lived when she disappeared. They probably lived in another home in town before that. I think someone said earlier that a former home had been checked by searchers.

Thinking of Betty and her family and hope she is found.

Good research! It looks like the apartment off Main Street is likely the same one where Betty lived when she disappeared. They probably lived in another home in town before that. I think someone said earlier that a former home had been checked by searchers.

Thinking of Betty and her family and hope she is found.

Thanks, Betty.

Hoping for closure for the friends and family.

It’s been over eight weeks since a beloved Sullivan woman has gone missing.

Betty Alexander was last seen on April 11. Her daughter, Tonya Tolliver, has been desperately searching for her.

Alexander’s family reached out to Governor Parson and now the Missouri Highway Patrol is on the case.

There is a $3,000 reward for information leading to the location of Alexander.

Search continues for missing Sullivan woman who hasn't been seen since April

JUNE 9 - Bring Betty Home
  • Betty's daughter attended an annual event hosted by Missouri Missing
  • She has some ideas of things to do and people to contact
  • She is still hopeful and praying that next year she can attend the event with her mom and have a happy ending to tell

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brentr