Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO, both sketches were based on the video from the phone, but the guy in charge thought he saw a hat AND a possible older man, he went with that sketch. Over the time since then the video has been scrutinized and it was determined that there was no hat and the man was younger.
If that is not a hat or hoody on his head then is it his HAIR that we see?

Snipped by me.

The comment made for the first time a few weeks ago, "He got around quickly that day." leads me to believe that they know where he was, they know where he went, and they know how long it took him to get from point A to point B and maybe even to point C. I had never heard LE make that statement before, so it gives me hope that they have recently learned something else new and made that statement to let him know they have tracked some of his whereabouts that day.

I don't remember hearing about the quoted statement before. Was this in Carter's recent presser?

That is an extremely weird motivation. All aspiring politicians want to have a stellar record, for career advancement. Double murder somehow tarnishes their future. Real life is not “House of Cards”.

I understand that politicians are afraid of something being dug out in their past, but even in this unlikely case, they’d probably first resort to bribery, or threats.
Should have used small p politics.

For what it’s worth, the suspect has been described as “appears” to be wearing a coat/jacket and hoodie from early on, but no hat.

“Investigators have distributed a photo (shown above) of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photo appears to depict a White male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/@@download.pdf

Snipped by me.

I don't remember hearing about the quoted statement before. Was this in Carter's recent presser?
@rocket

It was not during the presser, but a statement made by Riley a few weeks later.
May 7, 2019

ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'

"The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley says he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area. Remember, that car would have been seen between noon and 5 on february 13, 2017, at the old d- c- s parking lot marked on this map. Police are asking anyone who saw áany cars there that day, to call and give them a description."

For what it’s worth, the suspect has been described as “appears” to be wearing a coat/jacket and hoodie from early on, but no hat.

“Investigators have distributed a photo (shown above) of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photo appears to depict a White male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/@@download.pdf

Interesting. So hoodie covering his hair but someone must have seen it down to get the hair sketch. Also I notice the wording mentions him suspected of being involved in the murders, almost indicating others could also be too, rather than just him responsible for the crime. MOO.

@rocket

It was not during the presser, but a statement made by Riley a few weeks later.
May 7, 2019

ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'

"The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley says he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area. Remember, that car would have been seen between noon and 5 on february 13, 2017, at the old d- c- s parking lot marked on this map. Police are asking anyone who saw áany cars there that day, to call and give them a description."

Does this mean LE thinks the driver of the car is the killer? As for getting around fast, if the car was seen between noon and 5:00 how does that equate to getting anywhere fast? And, since LE doesn't seem to be asking about the car any longer (from what I've seen posted here), can we assume that Riley wasn't correct in his assumptions?

Does this mean LE thinks the driver of the car is the killer? As for getting around fast, if the car was seen between noon and 5:00 how does that equate to getting anywhere fast? And, since LE doesn't seem to be asking about the car any longer (from what I've seen posted here), can we assume that Riley wasn't correct in his assumptions?

Maybe he left then came back for the search? MOO.

I think they said he got around quickly so maybe coming and going and returning. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

Last edited:
MOO, both sketches were based on the video from the phone, but the guy in charge thought he saw a hat AND a possible older man, he went with that sketch. Over the time since then the video has been scrutinized and it was determined that there was no hat and the man was younger.

I thought the first sketch was a collaborative effort from some people who had seen BG on the trails that day, some of whom had been afraid to come forward sooner. One of them is the source of the famous “he’s eyes were definitely not blue” statement that has driven us all crazy at times. The 2nd sketch, from the last PC, I thought was from someone reporting something “that needed reporting” just four days after the murders.
Did I miss some new info?

I can only speculate as to the meaning....but that's kind of what we are all here for!

JMO, (and I have gone back and forth on this like a yo-yo) the car could either belong to the witness who saw him there (his driver?, someone else entirely?), or it could have been driven by BG himself. I don't necessarily think it was there for the full 5 hours either. Again, this is JMO.

Perhaps BG got from the trail to another location very quickly and LE has been able to confirm this based on information that is available publicly. (This ties back to my opinion being that LE knows who it is and that this person is well-known.)

I don't think that LE is putting out any incorrect assumptions to the public.....they are too deeply invested in this case to go this route at this point in time. Especially now, since some people seem to be rather shaky in their faith that LE even knows what they are doing, based on the release of the second sketch which is a vast difference to the first sketch.

They are being very careful with every piece of information they release and, in my opinion, this is to protect the integrity of their investigation as well as to send messages directly to the monster on the bridge.

All JMO

Last edited:
I have never been able to even remotely IMAGINE why they would have changed sketches and directions if it were not because they had someone specific in their "sights." Like a few others here, I've always thought since that last presser that they are requesting tips and further information to shore up their case in court. I really to this day think an arrest is imminent. I pray daily for these families that TODAY is the DAY.

An easy scenario is that they have simply run out of leads and tips for their original strategy. So, they either declare the case cold, or try a new strategy. I believe it is as simple as that.

I'm still here watching everyday...just have nothing to add but have to say the one thing that has stuck with me is when the former FBI agent (female with blonde hair) on the HLN special that aired after the last PC said something like...if this case isn't solved within the next 3 weeks there is a problem (sorry not verbatim but something similar).

It has clearly been more than 3 weeks......

I can only speculate as to the meaning....but that's kind of what we are all here for!

JMO, (and I have gone back and forth on this like a yo-yo) the car could either belong to the witness who saw him there (his driver?, someone else entirely?), or it could have been driven by BG himself. I don't necessarily think it was there for the full 5 hours either. Again, this is JMO.

Perhaps BG got from the trail to another location very quickly and LE has been able to confirm this based on information that is available publicly. (This ties back to my opinion being that LE knows who it is and that this person is well-known.)

I don't think that LE is putting out any incorrect assumptions to the public.....they are too deeply invested in this case to go this route at this point in time. Especially now, since some people seem to be rather shaky in their faith that LE even knows what they are doing, based on the release of the second sketch which is a vast difference to the first sketch.

They are being very careful with every piece of information they release and, in my opinion, this is to protect the integrity of their investigation as well as to send messages directly to the monster on the bridge.

All JMO

I think you are right in your speculation. I think they have honed in on a suspect, whom they may have even discounted early on. Now they are wanting to know more about his movements that day and the vehicle is part of it. As they are no longer asking about the vehicle, I suspect they have the info now and their suspicions will be confirmed hopefully. Whether this is enough for an arrest yet, I don't know. MOO.

IMO, yes. The hood of his hoodie is behind his head, not over it.

Also MOO, his layers of clothing appear to indicate that he rode a motorcycle which easily could be hidden in the forest somewhere under the bridge or near the cemetary.

I'm still here watching everyday...just have nothing to add but have to say the one thing that has stuck with me is when the former FBI agent (female with blonde hair) on the HLN special that aired after the last PC said something like...if this case isn't solved within the next 3 weeks there is a problem (sorry not verbatim but something similar).

Yes, that has stuck with me also. Her quote regarding the 4/22 press conference was, "if it doesn't happen in the next few weeks I'm gonna worry this is a hail mary pass and they have nothing."

That's what I am inclined to think, they have nothing. :(

Yes, that has stuck with me also. Her quote regarding the 4/22 press conference was, "if it doesn't happen in the next few weeks I'm gonna worry this is a hail mary pass and they have nothing."

That's what I am inclined to think, they have nothing. :(
Thank you for getting the quote right and yeah makes you think huh???

That’s interesting because during the PC Carter gave no inkling an arrest was imminent. In fact iirc he said the opposite - this was the beginning.

During his more recent media appearances he said no case is ever cold, that it’s a matter of starting over again, going back to the beginning. That seems to be exactly what transpired with the newly released sketch. Such is the way of investigations, one door closes and LE looks for another, hoping it will open. Given the need to hold a PC continuing to ask for that “one tip” from someone who recognizes this man, I’m not sure why HLN’s talking head expected an immediate arrest.

Thank you for getting the quote right and yeah makes you think huh???

Yeah, it has me concerned.

Brookelyn Farthing's "disappearance" (she's most certainly dead) is the highest-profile crime our area has seen and one that's affected the surrounding communities the most because so many knew her. There's no real question about who did it, the question is where her body is located. In the beginning, though, a real mistake was made. The last place she was seen was on a sofa and chances are that the sofa had a front row seat to whatever went down that morning. The same sofa went up in flames. IF t around the same time she went missing. If there was anything left on it after the fire, it was destroyed in the aftermath when someone came up with the great idea of dragging the sofa to the curb and leaving it outside, exposed to the elements and passersby, for several weeks.

I'm really hoping that, in this case, something screwy didn't happen in the beginning and bite the investigation in the foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88