Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #6 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to go back and reread some of the documents but my recollection is that your question was at the crux of the ongoing disputes between the 2 parties in Family Court. JD had been trying to get financial disclosure for nearly 2 years from FD with no luck. FD had recently submitted a motion to request that JD pay his atty fees as he had had no cash flow from FORE Group in 2019.

I don't believe based on reading about 1/2 of the documents that there was resolution on any of the financial issues and this was ongoing source of great friction. The thing that I wonder though is that the motions from FD on the entire issue of financial disclosure seemed to have as their strategy to delay and delay and then when that didn't work he just didn't comply and was cited for contempt.

My guess is he knew they wouldn't toss him in jail and there seemed to be zero consequences for not doing what the court ordered IMO. I guess if I were to question Judge Heller on anything it would be exactly this issue. Namely why no consequences for financial disclosure non compliance?

And not only were there no consequences but the visitation was 'relaxed' by Judge Heller. IMO this was at best sending mixed messages to FD and at worst it just kept the Family Court gravy train of experts and GAL chugging along billing and billing with no end in sight. MOO but with the way things were going in the Judge Heller courtroom I'm not sure FD would ever have provided financial information. MOO.

Oh boy. The "relaxed" visitation remained professionally monitored which is highly restrictive in the world of family law. One of the most restrictive possible. He just got more time. But no overnights.

As far as the lack of "consequences" for failure to produce discovery, it's a difficult process that can be super unfair if one person doesn't have the funds to fight.

I tell people who are contemplating a divorce to begin secretly compiling financial information long before they separate, if their spouse is "self-employed".

But the big issue I find is they sign tax returns agreeing to low income but then try to say the soon to be ex spouse was actually earning much more.

Well you can't have your cake and eat it too.

But the process itself is time consuming. We probably aren't even at the stage of sanctions or are just getting there in this case.

The process typically involves motions to compel production or further production. The opposing side may then produce some more documents but claim that's all they have. And then it keeps going back-and-forth to court. But if they state that's all they have, unless there is direct evidence showing that they actually have more, it can be very hard to manage.

If it is determined, however, that the opposing side is refusing to produce important documents they do possess, then they will be ordered to do so and ultimately, sometimes after a few hearings, the issue of monetary sanctions will come up and sanctions are typically ordered. But it can take a while to get there.

If they're really obstinate in responding to discovery, the other party can request something like issue sanctions which means the opposing side won't be able to produce evidence in support of their position, as to a particular issue.

But it all takes time and is complicated by the court calendar and schedule.

So discovery is propounded. Discovery is responded to with objections or an insufficient response. The side that propounded then files a motion. Often the opposing side will offer more documentation right before the hearing but then the one seeking discovery will need time to review. So the hearing is continued.

At the new date they may argue why one side should get info and the other shouldn't have to produce more. Judge issues an order to produce. Another hearing is set to make sure they did so and to hear the issue of sanctions.

In the meantime maybe the one seeking discovery gets information that shows the opposition lied about not having certain info. So they can file another motion.

It can be seemingly endless.

Last edited:
I just don’t understand, JD had income of 400k, 3 expensive vechiles, private school, Nannie, housekeeper and no home security system/cameras, even though she feared for her life.

It just doesn’t make sense. Not even a $500 Sams Club home system. No door cam.
JMOO

We don’t have them either-but we have dogs; one of which a stranger wouldn’t likely want to try. She didn’t even have one of those☹️

From State police search water skiing pond in Avon associated with Fotis Dulos as search for Jennifer Farber Dulos enters 19th day BBM

When Dulos had the GPS device affixed to his ankle Tuesday in Stamford, he was not provided with a recharger.

The error was discovered late Tuesday, but rather than have Dulos return to Stamford, he was directed to visit a probation department office on Wawarme Avenue in Hartford to obtain a charger, officials said.
Interesting. Wonder if that is what MT was carrying when she first walked out of Court? It looked like she was carrying some long black power cord similar to a laptop charger. Well, at least they caught the error! Can you imagine the headlines: "FD Flees Farmington Wearing GPS Ankle Device"!

Only if the lawyer was in fact his lawyer and so they had that privilege. I saw that lawyers name on a FD docket a while back. So in this case perhaps he does have the privileged relationship there.
I assumed he was his lawyer from the way the meeting was described. I’d assume if it were an attorney friend he met for breakfast he would have said he was with a friend? But, yes, if not his attorney there would be no privilege.

Not as far as I know.

That’s one of the reasons that it’s so hard to make a guess as to what it was.
At first I gave it short shrift since they were on video dumping all those bags in Hartford the night before. Can't reconcile the reason for that if they had her body hidden somewhere else? Why not take all that stuff and bury it in some unknown place? Or dump it in a deep body of water? It just doesn't make sense to me. There is a disconnect.
That being said I am confident that LE has the goods on him and working diligently to get as much as they can.
Last count 475 tips ( no doubt many are useless ) and 80 videos to review. Time consuming.

New York Post‏Verified account @nypost 2m2 minutes ago
Cops search lake where Jennifer Dulos' kids were allegedly forced to water ski https://trib.al/fN2bXnp

D842IVxXYAckWPm.jpg

I thought he spoke with authority and as if he owned the court room, more so than the Judge or prosecution, seems his style. I thought FD was enamored with him and that was why he was looking at him with such fascination. I really think that FD didn't have much hope until Pattis came along and took control. I don't know if he would have caved in and told where JD is but I do think he was holding out hopeful that she's not going to be found. IMO
This is why jury selection is so important. So many of us with differing histories and opinions on the attorney’s effectiveness.

They have delivered and taken them away at 6:30 in my residential neighborhood here in Ct. Scared the *****out of me, the noise was banging and scraping. Very loud.

I’m just skeptical that it’s a coincidence.

Just hours before, this guy had dumped evidence. This noise clearly struck the neighbor as being odd.

I assumed he was his lawyer from the way the meeting was described. I’d assume if it were an attorney friend he met for breakfast he would have said he was with a friend? But, yes, if not his attorney there would be no privilege.
Could be "A" lawyer. But not yet retained.

I'm going to caveat what I'm about to say by making clear that I am making no judgment about or giving any opinion on what JD included in her divorce filing--I have zero personal knowledge of what went on between her and her FD so I really have no basis to make an opinion. I don't even know if what you're saying about no home security or cameras is accurate.

But there is the old adage that actions speak louder than words. Just because someone says they were fearful, doesn't mean they truly, deeply were. Again, not saying that's the case here --obviously, if things turn out as it appears, there was reason for JD to be fearful of FD--but you raise a good question.

I think that she was actually more afraid that he would take the kids than she was that he would physically harm her. And maybe she thought she was only in physical danger from him while they were in the same house-that maybe he’d hurt her spontaneously, but that he wouldn’t stalk her and then kill her.

wow - that sounds like a description many sleuthers posted about after the blood in the garage was found. Might as well add that he tried to clean up using her kitchen faucet too - IMO
I know Pattis is a good skilled attorney and formidable opponent. I get that. But he is also trying to control the narrative for his client. At this point, Pattis has two possible defenses: Not Guilty (at all) and Self Defense. Why would you give this statement? Bc if it winds up being self defense it is like saying well he certainly couldn’t have done it bc there was no time. But if it was self-defense wouldn’t he have had even less time and an even bigger mess? Bc IMO this was a premeditated murder. If this was a self defense fight to the death then how did he accomplish all of that? kWIM. Maybe Pattis is hoping the potential jury pool wherever they are won’t remember he said any of this?

Interesting. Wonder if that is what MT was carrying when she first walked out of Court? It looked like she was carrying some long black power cord similar to a laptop charger. Well, at least they caught the error! Can you imagine the headlines: "FD Flees Farmington Wearing GPS Ankle Device"!
OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michele had one. I saw the cord in her hands in the photos as she left the courthouse after posting bail.

We don’t have them either-but we have dogs; one of which a stranger wouldn’t likely want to try. She didn’t even have one of those☹️
Its truly hard to explain to people not from the area how most people in NC with elaborate security systems and car alarms oftentimes don't use them. The Police Report is full of stolen cars where the stolen cars are unlocked and KEYS ARE IN THE CAR! NCPD is constantly warning residents to arm their alarms and lock their cars but people continue on with a false sense of security. Car thieves know they just have to keep driving around looking for unlocked cars with keys and they will strike gold. A few weekends ago a gang took 5 cars over the course of an hour and simply drove them all away! Its crazy but its a local mindset that I wish would change.

Oh I hope that's where the jerk got it from- hopefully it was still there waiting for him- karma!

Maybe this is why LE is searching that area? Where he got poison ivy, they probably tried to find areas that had a good amount of it where he would come in contact with it. I believe that's an important clue and always have.
If only that were true. Poison ivy is everywhere. Some have opined that he may have gotten it at his wife's house. She made him use the woods to relieve himself. :p

You see what a control freak and narcissist gaslighter FD and his attorney are in their PR strategy. "If necessary, WE'LL let a jury decide what happened here."

Because, of course, Pattis and his client FD call the shots about who gets decision making authority and control of this narrative. Also, it's because FD's such a forthcoming open guy and so innocent that, although it's absurd and shameful that anyone would even accuse the poor guy based on no evidence apart from a Farber vendetta to steal the kids and take FD down, FD and his attorney might just agree to let the jury decide what happened here." Also because for sure FD is not going to honestly tell anyone what happened here. So maybe he'll just smear the prosecution, the victims, and the Farber family, and then just let the jury decide. Because FD gets to decide who decides. It's up to him really. FD's still in control. Capisce?
Two pompous @sses, indeed.

I know Pattis is a good skilled attorney and formidable opponent. I get that. But he is also trying to control the narrative for his client. At this point, Pattis has two possible defenses: Not Guilty (at all) and Self Defense. Why would you give this statement? Bc if it winds up being self defense it is like saying well he certainly couldn’t have done it bc there was no time. But if it was self-defense wouldn’t he have had even less time and an even bigger mess? Bc IMO this was a premeditated murder. If this was a self defense fight to the death then how did he accomplish all of that? kWIM. Maybe Pattis is hoping the potential jury pool wherever they are won’t remember he said any of this?
Possibly. But my guess is Pattis is angling to change the trial location and all his chatter is directed at proving his client cannot receive a fair trial in CT. My ears perked up on this topic when Pattis first said that he fully intended to try the case in CT but then went on to discuss trial in other locations. Sadly its all a game with Pattis.

Think it was in thread 2 when we discussed the divorce case. JD had taken a sick child to dr and was told that the insurance had lapsed (JD confirmed it had lapsed due to non payment). FD response in court when JD brought the matter to the Court was to say to JD, "...to just pay out of pocket".

This health insurance issue was just one of the examples where he did what he could not pay for anything and put the financial obligation back on JD. IMO this health insurance situation was an example of a small minded decision probably based in anger or entitlement that could have had unfortunate consequences for his children. Who wouldn't want their children covered by health insurance?

JD most likely could have paid for any medical bills but IMO the Court had put so few requirements on FD for financial related issues that for him to discontinue insurance demonstrated how he seemed to be using the Court to just torment and torture JD and extract every single penny from her and her family that he could. Again, after he did what he did on the health insurance there weren't consequences from the Court that I saw in the documents but I will keep looking.
Plus, it's a humiliating way for JD to find out at the doctor's office that the insurance lapsed. He didn't care that it could not only be inconvenient and potentially a health issue, but an embarrassing hassle for her. Another example of his controlling and vindictive personality.

jmo

Oh boy. The "relaxed" visitation remained professionally monitored which is highly restrictive in the world of family law. One of the most restrictive possible. He just got more time. But no overnights.

As far as the lack of "consequences" for failure to produce discovery, it's a difficult process that can be super unfair if one person doesn't have the funds to fight.

I tell people who are contemplating a divorce to begin secretly compiling financial information long before they separate, if their spouse is "self-employed".

But the big issue I find is they sign tax returns agreeing to low income but then try to say the soon to be ex spouse was actually earning much more.

But the process itself is time consuming. We probably aren't even at the stage of sanctions or are just getting there in this case.

The process typically involves motions to compel production or further production. The opposing side may then produce some more documents but that's all they have. And then it keeps going back-and-forth to court. But if they state that's all they have unless there is direct evidence showing that they actually have more, it can be very hard to manage.

If it is determined that the opposing side is refusing to produce important documents, yeah pose inside me then produce some more documents for clean that's all they have. And then it keeps going back-and-forth to court. But if they state that's all they have, unless there is direct evidence showing that they actually have more, it can be very hard to manage.

If it is determined, however, that the opposing side is refusing to produce important documents, then they will be ordered to do so and ultimately, sometimes after a few hearings, the issue of monetary sanctions will come up and sanctions are typically ordered. But it can take a while to get there.

If they're really obstinate in responding to discovery, the other party can request something like issue sanctions which means the opposing side won't be able to produce evidence in support of their position, as to a particular issue.

So discovery is propounded. Discovery is responded to with objections or an insufficient response. The side that propounded then filed a motion. Often the opposing side will offer more documentation right before the hearing but then the one seeking discovery will need time to review. So the hearing is continued.

At the new date they may argue why one side should get info and the other shouldn't have to produce more. Judge issues an order to produce. Another hearing is set to make sure they did so and to hear the issue of sanctions.

In the meantime maybe the one seeking discovery gets information that shows the opposition lied about not having certain info. So they can file another motion.

he could have dragged this out for years, so why kill her? I feel like i'm missing something here JMO

The process typically involves motions to compel production or further production. The opposing side may then produce some more documents but that's all they have. And then it keeps going back-and-forth to court. But if they state that's all they have unless there is direct evidence showing that they actually have more, it can be very hard to manage.

If it is determined that the opposing side is refusing to produce important documents, yeah pose inside me then produce some more documents for clean that's all they have. And then it keeps going back-and-forth to court. But if they state that's all they have, unless there is direct evidence showing that they actually have more, it can be very hard to manage.

If it is determined, however, that the opposing side is refusing to produce important documents, then they will be ordered to do so and ultimately, sometimes after a few hearings, the issue of monetary sanctions will come up and sanctions are typically ordered. But it can take a while to get there.

So discovery is propounded. Discovery is responded to with objections or an insufficient response. The side that propounded then filed a motion. Often the opposing side will offer more documentation right before the hearing but then the one seeking discovery will need time to review. So the hearing is continued.

I enjoy reading your posts, @gitana1
You write to where I can actually understand what is being said without sounding belittling to those that are not familiar with the prose of lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member