GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS has stated over and over that SD was found approximately 5 to 6 miles from the Dermond home by water. The map I posted above has it mapped at approximately 5.65 miles from the Dermonds dock.

That’s 5 miles as a bird flys so much closer to the dam. Why were the EMS vehicles in that location if nothing was over that way? Just eating lunch?

Boats have depth finders. It’s a lake not a river. The distance between two shores is massive. The only way you would have trouble driving to the Dermonds is if you are literally blind. Nothing about that journey is hard whatsoever. That map might make it look hard but I’ve never seen two boats get even remotely close to each other.

On the 3rd firework are at Ritz Carlton on the 4th fireworks are shot from the dam. 500 boats will be packed watching the show without any trouble whatsoever.

Yes, that is what I am saying.. according to SS, it *is* established that SD's body *had* to have been dumped by boat.. and according to SS, she was found in the the deepest part of the lake, but she was also found tangled up in tree branches (which opposes the notion of being in the deepest part, if I'm not mistaken). I was very interested to see exactly where SD was discovered, to see why it was not accessible by land, because the boat aspect of this whole thing really throws one for a loop (imho).

And sure the killers could have known how to find depths and such in regard to Lake Oconee, but.. the motor getting caught up in the trees in that lake.. presumably at night in the darkness.. imho, someone would have to be VERY intimately familiar with this lake to take such a risk of transporting a dead body through all of the obstacles in this particular lake.. so in my mind, it really narrows the suspect list. I am thinking of perhaps 5 people who come immediately to mind. jmo.

Why did you draw the same map as me two hours after I did? It’s not 2 miles north of the dam. You marked the Dermond house correctly. The body location we will disagree. You marked the EMS vehicles correctly which I marked months ago.

Two boat ramps could’ve been used. The one you marked is not the one they would’ve used.

I love how despite the fact most people haven’t ever been to this lake, set foot on the lake or know anyone on the lake are determining things that happened.

Do you know anyone on the lake the day body was found? Actual people that saw these things with their eyes? No.
Your assumptions about where I have been and who I know are incorrect as well as the rumors you have been spreading on this thread.

I'm not sure why the moderators let you continue to act as though you are a verified insider. I support everything I say with facts you have only rumors. I did not post a map that is similar to your map at all. Your map shows the complete wrong direction.

Your rumors are in bad taste and are a disservice to the Dermonds, their family and LE.

What fact do you have to support which boat ramp if any was used? I marked Long Shoal ramp because I was trying to let the people on this thread see the landmarks the fisherman described in the 911 call. No where did I say that anyone used that ramp for any purpose.

Quit accusing members of trying to "divert" the thread because they don't agree with you. They are entitled to their opinions.

Here are the facts once again for your review in case you refused to view them on the last couple of pages. The fisherman has no reason to lie to LE where he found SD and GON has no reason to lie about where LE said she was found (see their map of the location she was found in their article).

Sportsmen Sought For Clues On Dermond Murder At Lake Oconee
b0c2e122-f43d-4b6c-94d4-c2cd05cea71c-png.175832

Last edited:
That’s 5 miles as a bird flys so much closer to the dam. Why were the EMS vehicles in that location if nothing was over that way? Just eating lunch?
I was sure that I heard SS in one of his interviews, say that it was 5-6 miles from the D home, by water. I will try to find.

If you know the lake as well as you say you do then you would know that there is no dock close to where SD was found. Emergency vehicles were more than likely staged at the most private area with a dock to transport SD body once received by the transporting boat.

EMS vehicles were not where you said they were located and where you said SD was found. Emergency vehicles were located just north at the small jet out with the dock. See below:
upload_2019-6-12_7-58-3.png

Boats have depth finders. It’s a lake not a river. The distance between two shores is massive. The only way you would have trouble driving to the Dermonds is if you are literally blind. Nothing about that journey is hard whatsoever. That map might make it look hard but I’ve never seen two boats get even remotely close to each other. ....
*Some* boats have depth-finders for sure, and fish-finders, etc. I've been around boats my entire lifetime, and have owned my own boat for years.. none of which have ever had a depth-finder. If I took my boat to a lake that had trees coming up out of it, I'd be massively concerned about my motor (I can't believe how expensive motors are!). Then to do it presumably at dusk or at night or before dawn, would almost BE like being literally blind on that lake.. unless you are very familiar with it. That is just my opinion though.

View attachment 172214 LS boat ramp is marked and the other location is the spot that has been pointed out to me by friends on that lake.
This is where you told the members on the thread that SD was found (above in your post).

Picture of emergency vehicles on the small jet out island with the dock:
PQLSZQP6BGGALMJ2JZQUBC55KU.jpg

5b74dc964c929.image.jpg

upload_2019-6-12_7-58-3-png.188624

Last edited:
TJtennispro said:
I was sure that I heard SS in one of his interviews, say that it was 5-6 miles from the D home, by water. I will try to find.
The only reference I can find right now as to the miles from the Dermond home to where SD's body was found, is in a newspaper article.

"Shirley Dermond's body didn't turn up until May 16. Fishermen found it in the lake, about five miles away by water."

Jax detectives help in Georgia beheading case

the people I know said that two women who knew the Dermond’s were out walking one day and decided to stop at the Dermond house to ask Shirley about something. [t was extremely hot and when Shirley came to the door, they asked for some water and instead of inviting them in, she asked them to wait, shut the door and brought them two glasses of water. They thought it was very odd that she didn't even invite them into the foyer to cool off a minute while she got the water. Before the murders, they said that the day they went to the house, they heard people talking inside when they rang the doorbell, but the husband wasn't home because he came into the driveway as they were leaving. I suppose it could have been one of their children or grandchildren in the house, but they said later that Shirley seemed out of sorts when she answered the door and made them feel like they were imposing on her.
Please support this claim with MSM or LE link

I’ll drop a nugget. The Dermond’s didn’t allow house guests outside of family. I’ve not heard of anyone that ever visited that house, no friends, no clergy, just family.

One occasion two neighbors knocked on the front door and heard multiple people in the house. Shirley came to the door but didn’t invite the neighbors inside. Russ drove up and the neighbors left. This event was late April of 2014.
Please support this claim with a link to MSM or LE

[TP.....do you have a source for this information like you tend to want from others posting as well??

We don't need to destroy the thread and all of us should go by the same standards, this thread is 5 years old so alot of the FACTS are no longer sourced as they were already sourced years ago....so those who just came in should do their homework first, things being discussed time and again have already been sourced so do your homework if you just joined this thread... say...in late 2018

I’ve been reading this thread every day until recently since I found it on July 3rd 2017. When I decided to create an account and start posting and when I started following are two separate thing. I understand you don’t like my posts but that doesn’t make them false.

Also I considered not posting that nugget because I knew I would get immediately disagreed with. This case isn’t about me though, nor you. I figured I would relay the info and y’all could do with it what you please.

As for the podcast I’ve reached out to @Levi but haven’t heard back. Probably shelved since I think it will now be solved by end of August. 3 peeps still involved. 1 woman, 2 men.

(Above is how the "reply" option pasted to my post, not working properly, post #1071)

Please provide a link to MSM or LE that supports the claim of "3 peeps still involved. 1 women, 2 men"

Last edited:
I’m just stating that Vinnie Politan and myself thing their might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Between the podcast being shelved and SS letting the AJC see his evidence that is SS playing his hand. When things get quiet is usually when things are about to go down. Use what you like and disregard the rest.
Please provide support to the claim that Mr. Politan along with yourself have discussed this and made this determination. Can you have Mr. Politan support your claim to the thread? Please allow Mr. Politan to speak for himself.

Last edited:
Exactly and that large treed lot between them and maples. Think i mentioned that already tho and posted with the video of SS riding thru the area since the house has been sold, not sure you are seeing my posts
Also.. it hadn't really 'hit' me until the other day when I was looking up something to do with the houses.. the size of their lots (the Ds' lot and the neighbor's lot) were really large - 3/4 acre IIRC.. so even if there was a nosey neighbor, the lots are so danged big and also so well treed.. how would one see anything.. unless they had a telescope or binoculars on them or something?

On a newer reddit page, someone claims to have worked as an archeologist at Reynolds Lake. This individual felt while she was excavating, the local residents thought she and other helping with the dig were only landscapers or construction workers.

Were archeological workers or historic site volunteers working around the Dermond's neighborhood misidentified for landscapers or construction workers and never investigated?
Archaeological Testing of Sites 9GE552, 9GE1649, 9GE1660, 9GE1661 and 9GE1662 on Reynolds Plantation, Greene County, Georgia | Georgia Archaeological Site File
https://www.georgiapower.com/conten...llace-dam/Cultural-Resources-Study-Report.pdf

A point that has always had me thinking. It is continuously reported that nothing was taken from the house. Who would know that?

The Dermonds children were grown and had not lived at home for years. They would be aware of the fine China, crystal, silver, art, mom’s jewelry that was in the home as they grew up. However, once they moved out, their knowledge of what was purchased or given to their parents as gifts would be hazy.

My three adult children would have no idea what valuables are missing from my house unless it was something they had noticed or commented on at a visit.

One more thing, in my area, when a house is staged, the interior is cleared of all uncessary items, junk and clutter and stored off site.
Did the Dermond kids go through the box’s in storage? It seemed things were done in such a rush manner, did everything get checked and logged in?

IMO, we are all overlooking a minute clue that is sitting in plain site waiting to be discovered.

Great point, 1&2&3! Never thought about it. How did the family know nothing was taken? I acquire new things all the time, some quite valuable. My adult sons would have no idea of the belongings in my house, nor would they care, at this point in their lives. It sounded as if the family were quickly answering questions, just wanting it to all go away.

IMHO

So what did the sheriff “sort out” about Ryan Glenn? That he's violent, crazy and used large knives in crimes, but he's not nuts enough to decapitate Mr. Dermond?

Ryan Glenn is a big, strong man with a long criminal history of felony assaults, batteries, disorderly conducts, and terroristic threats. He was living with his dad less than a mile from the Dermond’s home when the Dermond were murdered.

Ryan's dad said Ryan has never been adjudicated for his many violent crimes as he’s unfit to stand trial because he's insane. I'd like to hear exactly how the sheriff ruled out Ryan as a suspect.
Eatonton man accused of slashing tires of two dozen vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member